Holy paladin PvP meta socket

It's time for me to choose a meta socket gem for my PvP holy paladin. Looking around at Arena Junkies, I see that all the paladins are using Ember Shadowspirit Diamond, which is 54 int and 2% max mana. Why is that? Why wouldn,t you use reduced silence or stun duration, since those 2% mana is like 2k aditional mana, and nothing else? Can someone explain this to me?

Quote Originally Posted by dudedduu View Post
    It's time for me to choose a meta socket gem for my PvP holy paladin. Looking around at Arena Junkies, I see that all the paladins are using Ember Shadowspirit Diamond, which is 54 int and 2% max mana. Why is that? Why wouldn,t you use reduced silence or stun duration, since those 2% mana is like 2k aditional mana, and nothing else? Can someone explain this to me?
    I used to use reduced silence duration but playing with a warlock, I honestly don't get silenced all that often and it doesn't reduce spell lock duration so it's pretty useless. If you're playing TSG or kittycleave, something that doesn't have a caster on it, reduced silence duration isn't a bad choice.
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

I use 54 intellect + 2% max mana (Ember Shadowspirit Diamond).

However, I'd say it depends on you. Do you run out of mana quick? Or do you get silenced so much that you'd rather have reduced silence?
    While reduced silence can seem good... you could also play around with fakecasting instead.
    Last edited by Snowy Vixen; 2011-07-29 at 09:14 PM.
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Vixen View Post
    I use 54 intellect + 2% max mana (Ember Shadowspirit Diamond).

However, I'd say it depends on you. Do you run out of mana quick? Or do you get silenced so much that you'd rather have reduced silence?
    While reduced silence can seem good... you could also play around with fakecasting instead.
    I don't exactly understand what you're saying. What does fake casting have to do with blanket silences? Assuming he's fake casting, it'll do exactly what the gem is supposed to do, reducing the blanket CS on him allowing him to cast something .5 seconds sooner or whatever the math works out to be.
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    I don't exactly understand what you're saying. What does fake casting have to do with blanket silences? Assuming he's fake casting, it'll do exactly what the gem is supposed to do, reducing the blanket CS on him allowing him to cast something .5 seconds sooner or whatever the math works out to be.
    That was exactly my point... if he fakecasts, then it ends up acting exactly like the gems does and therefore, Ember Shadowspirit Diamond might be better.
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin