Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    I'm about to finish up A Crown of Swords in the Wheel of Time series. Not sure if I'm about to pick up the Song of Fire and Ice next or force myself to continue on with WOT.
    continue with wheel of time. the final book comes out in january so you picked it up at the perfect time.

Reading The Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman.

Great for Walking Dead fans

A Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow is the book i am currently reading.
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.

Grunt
    Just finished The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams. Solid read. Reading The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch based on a bunch of recommendations by friends. Like a lot of people, I'm waiting for the Cold Days (Dresden) and the last WoT.

Right now, I'm about 2 thirds of the way through Raymond E. Feist's Rage of a Demon King. 'Tis good stuff.

Rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Right now, I'm about 2 thirds of the way through Raymond E. Feist's Rage of a Demon King. 'Tis good stuff.
    Rage was meh compared to something like Magician, and he only gets worse from there, . His only other good stuff was the Mistress of the Empire trilogy with Janny Wurts. If you are read Magician, the Serpentwar Trilogy (Shards of a broken crown does not exist!), and the Mistress stuff, you should just stop reading Feist. He just phones it in.

Finished A Red Country by Joe Abercrombie. Absolutely awesome. Also finished The Hydrogen Sonata by Banks. Not as good as Player of Games or Use of Weapons, but a very culture novel anyway. Banks really never disappoints.

Impatiently waiting Cold Days by Jim Butcher and slowly reading (for the umpteenth time) a Garrett P.I. novel by Glen Cook.

Finishing up a re-read of LotR, as well as 'The Litigators' by John Grisham (light reading, entertaining so far).

Up next is either Cryptonomicon by Stephenson, or a re-read of what is, hands down, one of the best novels I've ever read:

Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

I'm halfway through War of the Ancients: Well of Eternity. Ever since reading Tides of War I've become interested in WoW lore, so I found the chronological order of the books and I'm starting there. Pretty interesting stuff. I get lost and find myself having read 50 pages and time has gone forward an hour. Very enjoyable. Sad thing is I have to read Beloved for AP English, and I can't bring myself to read even one page.

The Hobbit :3 Also Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (again, God only knows how many times I've read those books).
    “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - Albus Dumbledore

Science and Civilization in China: Volume 6, Biology and Biological Technology; Part 2, Agriculture.

How interesting.

Just finished Norwegian Wood by H. Murakami. So sad and so uplifiting at the same time. Read the second half of book in one sitting over the night. Almost made me shed a manly tear or two D:

Next On the Road by J.Kerouac.

Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    The Blinding Knife - Brent Weeks.
    The second in his Lightbringer series - enjoying it immensely so far!
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You think you know what is going to happen at the end. You don't. You see the twist. THEN SHIT HITS THE FAN.

Amazing book. Amazing series. Amazing author. It is called Dresdencrack because waiting a year between fixes is terrible.

Right now I'm reading King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. Second in this series. If your sensibilities might be easily offended, don't read this book. The best description of Jorg I've ever heard comes from Werthead over at http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/ (not my site, but a good site for book reviews, him and patsfantasyhotlist are the best reviewers working in fantasy/sci-fi, imo)
    Jorg is a protagonist with the quick wits of Locke Lamora, the charm and resourcefulness of Kvothe but the moral compass of Gregor Clegane. The book has the protagonists (the word 'hero' is completely incompatible with Jorg or his merry band of psychopaths and lunatics) doing things that even the bad guys in most fantasy novels would balk at, and for this reason it is going to be a challenging sell to some readers.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You think you know what is going to happen at the end. You don't. You see the twist. THEN SHIT HITS THE FAN.

Amazing book. Amazing series. Amazing author. It is called Dresdencrack because waiting a year between fixes is terrible.
    Now that caught my interest, also the discription sounds really interesting, i willpick this up in the near future =)

At the moment i am finishing Darth Plagues and then will start The Books Of The Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Now that caught my interest, also the discription sounds really interesting, i willpick this up in the near future =)

At the moment i am finishing Darth Plagues and then will start The Books Of The Swords.
    Not sure what Darth Plagues is (SW EU?) but if Books of the Swords is Saberhagen that is nearly a classic in Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Not sure what Darth Plagues is (SW EU?) but if Books of the Swords is Saberhagen that is nearly a classic in Fantasy
    Yes, Fred Saberhabe. A friend of mine bought it for me, because i absolutly have to read it according to him ^^

Th other one wrote wrong, it was suposed to be "Darth Plagueis" and is indeed Star Wars, it is about Palpatines/Sidious master.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Science and Civilization in China: Volume 6, Biology and Biological Technology; Part 2, Agriculture.

How interesting.
    Hahahaha I'm reading the same shit!! Final paper in Asian Studies xDxD

The Book of Cain. The idea behind it, is that it's the book Deckard Cain is always scribbling in in the Diablo series. Pretty cool so far!
    [GW2 : Devona's Rest: Mesmer] [Firefall Beta : Assault Recon] [Diablo 3 : Barbarian]
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 90 Mage, 86 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 65 Druid, 26 Monk

Just about to finish reading "Fear to Tread" by James Swallow. It's one of the Horus Heresy books. Really enjoyed it, in fact there is only 1 book out of that series that I didn't like so much - "Battle for the Abyss".