Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got "The Way of Kings" and "Forge of Darkness" for Christmas. I'll probably start them after I finish the final WoT book once it comes out.

Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I haven't read anything for a while, but I kinda want to read Wheel of Time series in english (only read in swedish). Especially since the movie is coming in a year or two.
    Got all those as audio books in english. Prefer to listen to books tbh.

I'm reading "Albert Speer His Battle with truth" by Gitta Sereny atm. It's ok.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Got "The Way of Kings" and "Forge of Darkness" for Christmas. I'll probably start them after I finish the final WoT book once it comes out.
    thank god my parents got me the pre order of Wheel of Time, going to pick the damn thing up as soon as i can! did i mention im almost pissing myself with the anticipation of that book?

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Got all those as audio books in english. Prefer to listen to books tbh.

I'm reading "Albert Speer His Battle with truth" by Gitta Sereny atm. It's ok.
    audio books are much to slow, i could read a book in HALF the time the audio book covers it, if not faster, but i guess to each his own, but the audio books are also extremely expensive because of the large ammount of data required for them.

The Patient
    I'm finishing Dan Simmon's Endymion. SooOoOoOoOoOoooOoOOO good.

Old God
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    audio books are much to slow, i could read a book in HALF the time the audio book covers it, if not faster, but i guess to each his own, but the audio books are also extremely expensive because of the large ammount of data required for them.
    True, but you can listen to audio books while driving, walking etc... it's much more convenient that way.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Two great choices.

Just finished Cold Days again. Can't find a majority of my Jordan books to read up (oh god the middle books) and I don't want to buy them all again... anyway, I think I'm going to read The Fifth Elephant by Pratchett again.

Stood in the Fire lostprophet12's Avatar
    The Fight - Norman Mailer.

The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco;

I highly recommend it. :>

Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I think I'm going to read The Fifth Elephant by Pratchett again.
    A book that's always worth a re-read
    - Signature courtesy of the very talented Aveline -

Still reading 1776, but also recently started reading Tides of War for some lighter reading

I've been jumping around through books. I've started quite a few but didn't make it far, going to get back into them at some point. I had finally settled into Mr. X by Peter Straub but Xmas came around and my wife got me Killing Floor by Lee Child, first book in the Jack Reacher series. Liking it so far, might as well order the next few books of it.

Just finished a reread of the entire Wheel of Time series in preparation for the final book this January.

/excited

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    I've read digital fortress as well, it was quite an amazing book (Infact, I've read it at least 3 times...)

Currently plodding my way through Sun-Tzu The Art of Warfare
    Next up: Space Chronicles by Neil DeGrasse Tyson

And re-reading the harry potter series for what must be at least the 10th time....I sort of like to read them before bed each night, currently on the 6th book. (I swear though, I have them memorized at this point...)
    If you liked The Art of War check out War of the Flea. It's interesting if you're into that sorta thing.

And right now I'm reading Bleak House - Charles Dickens

Just got finished with "A Song of Ice and Fire." Reading a quick book "Ghost of Ascalon" then going to start "The Wheel of Time" series.
    | I5 2500k @ 4.3GHZ 1.33v | Corsair Veng. 1600 DDR3 | Corsair H60| Asus p8z68-v |
    | XFX R9 280x DD| CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair 750 Modular | Razer Naga Molten|

Last book (or rather novella) I read was "Emperor's Soul" by Brandon Sanderson, and today I'm going to start with the last of "Wheel of Time" books, the Memory of Light, which I just got today.

Currently hopping from one book to another in anticipation of the third book in the Kingkiller chronicles by patrick rothfuss.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

"The Philosophy Book". Philosophy and me do not mix too well, but it's surprisingly coherent and puts all the ideas into useful historical contexts.

At the moment I'm reading the debut book of John Gwynne called "Malice", pretty good so far.
    After I finish this I'll start reading "The Way of Kings".
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Reading a book called "The Sacred Band" which is book three of the Acacia trilogy.

Reading 'statistics II' lol ;d But tbh have not read fiction at all since the school days.