Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Finished reading "Why we Get Fat" by Gary Taubes, going to be changing my diet here shortly....

Starting "The Art of War" back up (I'm like halfway through), and determined to finish it.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

Stood in the Fire slambulance76's Avatar
    'Private Berlin' - James Patterson
    'They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts. '
    Sapphire - 'Almost Famous'

Rodney Mullen's Autobiography; The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not kill Yourself.

Erica Jong - Fear of Flying.

The Dark Tower by Stephen King

Finally reading the Wheel of Time. Everyone that I talk to about books kept telling me to reading it. So far, I can't put it down. Already on the fourth book.

Harlan Coben - Stay Close at the moment.

As always: very up tempo, easy to read and good characters.

Finished A Clash of Kings (finally), now started with something I didn't see the episodes of yet: A Storm of Swords.

Just started reading Lord of the Rings again.

And when that's done i'll continue with either one of the Star Wars books i own or a Warcraft book.

Someone help me , reading really sounds like alot of fun !(JK) but i would like to get into it since theres alot of many interesting books and im a sucket for knowledge but reading for more then 20 minutes makes me want to off myself.. It gets so boring and i can never get "Into it" so i could lose track of time... Its just like "oh another 400 pages to go...this is gonna take forever and i want to do other things aswell!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

ZigZag - Nicholas Booth

Eddie Chapman was a womaniser, blackmailer and safecracker. He was also a great hero - the most remarkable double agent of the Second World War. Chapman became the only British national ever to be awarded an Iron Cross for his work for the Reich. He was also the only German spy ever to be parachuted into Britain twice. But it was all an illusion: Eddie fooled the Germans in the same way he conned his victims in civilian life. He was working for the British all along. Until now, the full story of Eddie Chapman's extraordinary exploits has never been told, thwarted by the Official Secrets Act. Now at last all the evidence has been released, including Eddie's M15 files, and a complete account of what he achieved is told in this enthralling book.

Currently reading book 5 of the Wheel of Time series, have to say I'm enjoying it so far, but the "braid tugging" is starting to get on my nerves.

I am reading the second book in the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrai View Post
    Currently reading book 5 of the Wheel of Time series, have to say I'm enjoying it so far, but the "braid tugging" is starting to get on my nerves.
    your gonna hate the next 7 books then...i dont recall to much braid tugging in 13/14.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    your gonna hate the next 7 books then...i dont recall to much braid tugging in 13/14.
    Not forgetting "folding her arms under her breasts", I mean where else are the female characters going to fold their arms, behind their backs?

But apart from little annoyances like that I think it deserves the reputation it has. I can already tell tarmon gai'don is going to be epic, I just hope Loial, Rhuarc and Mat live long enough to see it. Although part of me suspects that Mat and Loial will live to see it, Rhuarc doesn't have the plot armour that the other two seem to have, which leaves me slightly worried.

Quote Originally Posted by skrai View Post
    not forgetting "folding her arms under her breasts", i mean where else are the female characters going to fold their arms, behind their backs?

But apart from little annoyances like that i think it deserves the reputation it has. I can already tell tarmon gai'don is going to be epic, i just hope loial, rhuarc and mat live long enough to see it. Although part of me suspects that mat and loial will live to see it, rhuarc doesn't have the plot armour that the other two seem to have, which leaves me slightly worried.
    too soon!!!

=(
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Just started Catch - 22.

Blade of Tyshalle by Matthew FUCKING Stover.

Finished Buried Hope by XJ Selman, and it was fucking awesome!^^ Good pacing, believable characters, quite standard dystopian/sci-fi world but his plot makes up for it. The book also seems better because it is his debut, and the only thing I can complain about is the length. GIEF MOAR!

Considering buying copies for all my friends w/ Kindles or Kindle Apps, so I can support him with more than the paltry $.99.

Just bought the "fourth" Mistborn book by Brandon Sanderson, the name eludes atm, and I'm rereading Wheel of Time, halfway through the Perrin-less book.

Srsly, fuck that detail -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

alfway through A Storm of Swords, hoping to finish it before season 3 starts