Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm reading the 3rd book in the Malazan series. Soon as I finish I'm switching to the newly released 3rd book for lies of lockamera (SP)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I http://bestfantasybooks.com/ or goodreads.com to generally find reading material. Incase you're stuck with nothing to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Coulnd't get into Mistborn? Thats more tragic than Shakespeare. Well I hope you find something great.
    hehe, the first book was pretty good. I might give the 2nd another shot. All about being in the right mood to read I guess.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I'm reading "Wither" by Lauren DeStefano it's about a genetic mutation that causes people to die in their twenties so girls are sold as brides and stuff. It's pretty odd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post

BTW I http://bestfantasybooks.com/ or goodreads.com to generally find reading material. Incase you're stuck with nothing to read.
    This is what I do too. This or through my library, I tend to just look at (if ebook) the books that are available for check out at the moment, or I just go down the rows physically. I know they say you can't judge a book by its cover, but I do constantly. If the cover is awesome, I tend to pick it up and at least look it over.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    hehe, the first book was pretty good. I might give the 2nd another shot. All about being in the right mood to read I guess.
    IIRC, I think I had the same thoughts during the second. It wrapped up quite nicely though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Just recently finished Vicious by V. E. Schwab and really enjoyed it. Author does a great job of character development, building back story, great dialogue, but most of all I really enjoyed the way she portrays the two 'main' characters (you could argue there are multiple main characters but don't want to spoil any of the fun) and their story. Usually you'll have a good vs evil scenario in books where you're going for one against another, but the way this book is written, it's more of one person against another. There were times I cheered both of them.

still reading Dark Tower, I've been reading it for a long time

I just finished The Wheel of time series. Very sad that it's over.

I could use some book recommendations though. I'm still looking for something in the fantasy genre, but I'd really like something dark and gritty. People have recommended the First Law Trilogy to me, and I plan to read them, but they are very short and I'll finish them quickly. So any other recommendations would be great. I've already read Game of Thrones so..

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I just finished The Wheel of time series. Very sad that it's over.

I could use some book recommendations though. I'm still looking for something in the fantasy genre, but I'd really like something dark and gritty. People have recommended the First Law Trilogy to me, and I plan to read them, but they are very short and I'll finish them quickly. So any other recommendations would be great. I've already read Game of Thrones so..
    Malazan Book of the Fallen. GoT, WoT, and MBotF is the three big epic fantasy stories.

I've heard mixed reviews about Malazan. I'm sure I'll end up reading it at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I've heard mixed reviews about Malazan. I'm sure I'll end up reading it at some point though.
    The first book is harsh, but most say it gets better and better. There's also The Black Company, Mistborn Trilogy, Instrumentalities of the Night, The Stormlight Archive, Memory, Sorrow and Thorn, Farseer Trilogy, The Kingkiller Chronicle, Dagger and Coin, Long Price Quartet, The Prince of Nothing, The Empire Trilogy, The Broken Empire, The Coldfire Trilogy, Lyonesse and Gentleman Bastard.

I haven't actually read any of these, but they're on my "to read" list and most seems interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying out the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. Currently on...Odd Thomas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started the Enclave trilogy by Ann Aguirre. The story seems to be written as if the main character is reflecting on the past. It's told first person past tense but she seems to know every outcome. The story is decent so far, but I can't get over the main character's name, it drives me crazy. Deuce.

The Shining. With Doctor Sleep coming out, I felt I should read the book, though having seen the movie a hundred times and having visited The Stanley Hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The Shining. With Doctor Sleep coming out, I felt I should read the book, though having seen the movie a hundred times and having visited The Stanley Hotel.
    If the movie you've seen a hundred times is the Kubrick version it's only very loosely based on the books. You should watch the mini-series after you're done with the book. It was very well done. (not that I don't love the Kubrick version)

Deleted
    I am currently reading the first GoT book.. I have no idea why but I can't seem to get into the book. Tried to start reading several times but can only read 5-10 pages before I get bored and put it away :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    If the movie you've seen a hundred times is the Kubrick version it's only very loosely based on the books. You should watch the mini-series after you're done with the book. It was very well done. (not that I don't love the Kubrick version)
    That is what I learned during the tour of The Stanley Hotel. I have yet to see the mini-series, I really need to see it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am currently reading the first GoT book.. I have no idea why but I can't seem to get into the book. Tried to start reading several times but can only read 5-10 pages before I get bored and put it away :/
    I bought that series as well as The Hunger Games. I had just seen THG and was told to read the books to clarify a few things, and I zipped through all 3 books in a week. I moved on to GoT and... yeah, same. After watching Season 1 and then trying to read the books (following the quick read that THG was) I couldn't churn through the text of what I just watched on TV. I still plan on reading them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I started Doctor Sleep about a week ago. So far it's typical Stephen King.

(In case anyone is curious, I couldn't honestly remember If I'd read The Shining myself or if I just saw the movie. "It" (omg that freakin' clown...) and "Pet Sematary" scared the living crap out of me, and I might have just not been able to take The Shining before Kubrick made his movie. Anyway, my husband decided to re-read The Shining before he sat down with Dr. Sleep and I decided to go just for it only being able to recall the movie, which many have pointed out is somewhat different than the book. I just wanted to let everyone know that this book stands on its own. If you read and remember The Shining then references made to Danny when he was younger might have a little more meaning to you, and if you only saw the movie you'll still be just fine. There really isn't anything that you need to know from the original book to make sense out of the "continuation" of the story. The Overlook and everything that happened when Danny was five is touched upon in the first couple of chapters (to set the tone) and then it more or less becomes irrelevant to the rest of the story.)

waiting for my copy of Maze Runners to arrive >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I may be starting Doctor Sleep soon. I know I haven't read the Shining fully through, so I'll be dusting that off of the book shelf first...and I'm sure I'll only be able to read it during the day, like I have to with a lot of horror based novels.