Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    On Book 6 of the Death Gate Cycle from Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I know they are old but good is good. For those that don't know these are the authors that created Dragonlance.

Reading Earth Children series atm. Clan of the cave bear down working on Valley of horses.

Recently finished Dance with dragons.

Waiting on several books to come out and plan on picking them up asap.

Traitor Spy Trilogy - Final book - Trudi Canavan.

A Memory of Light - WoT Final Book

Inheritance - Inheritance Cycle 4th book (Eragon) - Christopher Paloni.

Der Prozeß (The Trial) - Franz Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    Reading Earth Children series atm. Clan of the cave bear down working on Valley of horses.
    Great series. I need to purchase The Land of Painted Caves, and read it soon. Was really weird getting used to the way their world is set up, but after that, I thoroughly enjoyed them all. Currently I am in the middle of Rapture of the Deep by L.A. Meyer. Love the series, just not enough time to spend finishing off all my unfinished books!

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    You make me sad. Enjoying the movies is one thing... but the books? Really?
    She's quite possibly the most overrated fiction author of our generation.
    Who are you to judge what he likes? Its extremely childish and egoic

>Enjoys the movies
    The movies are quite frankly, the worst thing to happen to the series.
    Kristen Stewart and the fuck head who plays Edward are the worst pick for the characters in the history of book to movie.
    Honestly, read the books man, they're SO much better
    Last edited by WhenInRome; 2011-07-30 at 12:18 PM.
    My Tumblr. (:
    My warlock.
    My Paladin.
    My Lolking
    Lel I bought my spectral tiger from the horde auction house at 9 in the morning for the sweet sweet price of 1c.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'm reading Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie, a highly enjoyable read written in a fantastic way.

Next I'll either reread Dance with Dragons by GRRM or I'll pick up Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks.

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.

If ANYONE has read his books or even knows of him, we'll be best friends for life.

I've almost got all of his books.

Deleted
    Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Part 6 of 3 And Another Thing by Eoin Colfer

Finished reading Blackout by Connie Willis a few days ago, really enjoyed it and was angry I couldnt find All Clear any where (they are in between the hardcover and paperback releases so a lot of stores dont have any copies)

Now I am reading Game of Thrones like everybody else in the world. I kind of have a love hate relationship with the book, I feel like he ruins some good chapters with weird 16 year old sexual fantasy sometimes especially Dany's chapters , but for the most part it seems interesting. The Tyrion chapters are my favorite.

If I can find All Clear I will put down Game of thrones and read that
    Then I will finish Game of Thrones
    Then maybe start Kraken by China Mieville

I'm currently reading "A Clash of Kings", but i recently finished "House of Leaves" and i recommend that to anyone who hasn't read it. Shit's crazy.

---------- Post added 2011-07-30 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoes View Post
    Now I am reading Game of Thrones like everybody else in the world. I kind of have a love hate relationship with the book, I feel like he ruins some good chapters with weird 16 year old sexual fantasy sometimes especially Dany's chapters , but for the most part it seems interesting. The Tyrion chapters are my favorite.
    This. The sex scenes sound like they're written by some virgin kid. But once you get past that the book is really good, and there are alot less sex scenes in Clash of Kings.

I agree with you. When I first read the books, I fell in love with them but then I started realizing that it was just the perfect type of story and that the writing absolutely sucked... run-on sentences all over the place and just no writing skills whatsoever. At least the movies were made significantly better.
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.

If ANYONE has read his books or even knows of him, we'll be best friends for life.

I've almost got all of his books.
    Same. I'm slowly working my way through his stuff. I've read Kafka on the Shore and Electric Sheep Chase so far, I'll probably read his short story collection - the elephant vanishes - next.
    ;D

Quote Originally Posted by WhenInRome View Post
    >Enjoys the movies
    The movies are quite frankly, the worst thing to happen to the series.
    Kristen Stewart and the fuck head who plays Edward are the worst pick for the characters in the history of book to movie.
    Honestly, read the books man, they're SO much better
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Vixen View Post
    I agree with you. When I first read the books, I fell in love with them but then I started realizing that it was just the perfect type of story and that the writing absolutely sucked... run-on sentences all over the place and just no writing skills whatsoever. At least the movies were made significantly better.
    I have no problem with the story, just with her as a writer. She has no narrative ability, she tells you things instead of showing you, and has only a basic grasp on grammar. = /
    My real issue with her and those damn books though, is that now people compare her to JK Rowling, but there's a key difference. JK is an amazing writer, and she has the approximate skill level of a tenth grader.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read "The Winter of Our Discontent" and reread "Of Mice and Men" this last week. John Steinbeck is essentially the best man to ever live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clash of Kings by George R Martin.

Im reading a lot of religious texts atm. Idk why, but I find them curious.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Just finished "The Ghost King" by R. A. Salvator, gonna read "Gauntlgrym" afterwards, another by him.

After that, it's "A Dance With Dragons," then I'm gonna re-read the whole Wheel of Time series so I can remember everything before I read the last couple books, "The Gathering Storm" and "Towers of Midnight." Hopefully, the last book, "A Memory of Light," will be out by then.

Edit: Just got a text from a friend about the last Inheritance Cycle book. Adding the first 3 to my list, then the last then. God, I'll be busy for about the rest of my life -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently near the end of The Pillars of the Earth, and next in line is either rereading The Mists of Avalon or starting up 1776. Decisions decisions.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Currently the Farseer trilogy again so I can get back into Robin Hobb's books. Enjoyed the Farseer trilogy then started reading the liveship trader series just as I got into Song of ice and fire by Martin and yeah - there's not much can compete with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dresden Files: White Night