Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    right now "Thank you for smoking" what an insane book, hard laughs there :O

and just finished "American Psycho". Well didnt expected the movie to be that different from the book. But if the movie would be like the book it would be on the blacklist everywhere

I'm reading a series called 'Ranger's Apprentice'. It's a fantasy style book with knights and kingdoms, battles etc. It's actually a very good series. I have just finished book 7 of 10.

After I finish the series I am going to be reading Game of Thrones book 2. Mainly so I can see how it compares to when the second season is released.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A book called 'MacBeth' by Fiona Watson, its a non-fiction book telling the story of Mac Bethad mac Findláich, King of Alba (1040-1057). Really good read, I recommend it to anybody wishing to read about Scottish History. You'll find Shakespeare's play is quite different from the reality.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Currently re-reading the Mortal Engines Quartet by Phillip Reeve.

Gigantic, tiered cities lumbering around a future post-apocalyptic Earth on caterpillar tracks eating other cities with their giant jaws to keep on moving...what's not to love? Great characters too.

Just finished reading some of the splinter cell books; I really enjoy Military/War type books with action involved.

Anyone recommend some great recent war/military books? (I also really enjoy Vietnam books as well)

Back of the shampoo bottle, just dropping this dookie.

the Desert Spear by Peter V. Brett.

I'm going to be reading book twelve of the Dresden Files, Changes, one of these days. I've been putting it off until I get my hands on book thirteen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The White Serpent by Tanith Lee. Finally managed to track down the two books that came before it after three years of searching.

Just finished with Ender's Game like I said above so now I think I'll reread all of the Harry Potter series. Only have read each book once and I feel like now would be a good time to revisit it

Deleted
    Finished "Towers of Midnight" the latest book in the Wheel of Time serie two weeks ago, been reading a Game of Thrones now since Ive heard alot about "A song of ice and fire"
    The HBO serie was disapointing but I hope its due to the usual book > movie transition.
    Will start reading the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" serie in abit aswell, hope one of the two series will be even close to the extremely good quality of Wheel of Time!

Deleted
    Last thing I finished was "A Dance with Dragons", which was worth the six year wait. Next I'll probably pick up "The Rogue" by Trudi Canavan.

Quote Originally Posted by Relg View Post
    Finished "Towers of Midnight" the latest book in the Wheel of Time serie two weeks ago, been reading a Game of Thrones now since Ive heard alot about "A song of ice and fire"
    The HBO serie was disapointing but I hope its due to the usual book > movie transition.
    Will start reading the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" serie in abit aswell, hope one of the two series will be even close to the extremely good quality of Wheel of Time!
    Prevailing opinion of the HBO adaptation of Game has been heavily positive, and I'm inclined to agree. I was somewhat sceptical of it first because as you say book to film/tv often goes horribly horribly wrong, but in my opinion they casted it and paced it for the most part extremely well. Peter Dinklage plays Tyrion to perfection, and even though not every actor/actress represents characters how I personally envisaged them I can't say any of them stuck out as bad.

Gears of War: Coalitions End by Karen Travis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna twist this a bit by instead of telling you what i'm reading, i'm going to post a picture of the exact cover for the one i'm reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice cover!

Finished up the Tanith Lee I was reading and I'm now tucking into the first three books in The Vampire Chronicles. I read Interview back when I was 12 so I'm long due for a reread.

Deleted
    went today to le library and got: Brisingr. Just started reading, but it's about a boy who found a drake, and he becomes the last drakerider or something

Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami

Bestialitetens Historie (Frihetens Øyeblikk/Stillheten/Kruttårnet) - Jens Bjørneboe. Basically translates to "The History of Bestiality." I guess you could say it's about man's wolf nature or something like that. Just started, and I'm not too familiar with his works.

Bisettelsen - Lars Saabye Christensen (The Funeral.) Felt I had to read it at some point. Read the two first ones in the triology ages ago. Never dared reading the last one, the title makes me so sad. And I recently lost a close friend, so I guess the timing is quite bad. Have to see whether I finish it now or keep on reading some other time. Will probably be the latter.

There are loads of books that I want to read right now, and also books that I HAVE to read before school starts, but the library I usually go to is closed due to damage after the bomb in Oslo. Of course there are other libraries, but it's not exactly the same.
    man is the animal

I'm reading a thread about what people are reading. genre is non-fiction forum discussion

Deleted
    i am currently reading sunset song by Lewis Grassic Gibbon, (gotta write an English paper on it).

Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    went today to le library and got: Brisingr. Just started reading, but it's about a boy who found a drake, and he becomes the last drakerider or something
    Umm did you read Eragon and Eldest too? Those are the first two books which will make the things that happen in Brisingr make more sense.