Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Gotrek and Felix: The first Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    that's not a real friend. requesting you to read anything by that guy? i'd punch him in the face if i were you.
    lol its my friends wife and shes way too into Dan Brown. I havent seen the movie but I saw divinci code. It begins exactly the same, Im not impressed so far.

Christopher Paolini's Brisingr.

The Definitive H. P. Lovecraft: 67 Tales of Horror. Loving it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Book Seven of the Wheel of Time. Lord of Chaos.

I will finish the series this time!
    Haha, I think that's the last one I read too. Really great series, I just lost interest at the time, other stuff came up, and I have no idea if I could just go right back to where I left off and have ANY idea what's going on.
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2011-12-10 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just caught up on the Horus Heresy series and the Gaunt's Ghosts series so now its time to move to Christopher Paolini's Brinsingr and finish that quadogy off.

Aliens omnibus, Earth Hive and Nightmare Asylum, read them before but been long enough to read them again....they should have followed their story after Aliens rather than Alien 3 and the other one

10+ Year Old Account
    A danish book named "Ondskabens Engel" by danish author Kenneth Bøgh Andersen, 4th and last book of the series. In english I'm pretty sure it's "The Angel of Evil".

Deleted
    I have a few on the go at the moment, I'm bad for that lol.

The Oxford Handbook of Military Psychology.

Capital: A critique of political economy volume II - Karl Marx.

On The Psychology Of Military Incompetence - N & M Dixon.

" Booooooooooring " you say? I enjoy it anyway. I love trying to understand what goes on in the mind

A Dance With Dragons (game of thrones) and Lincoln on Leadership

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished A Game of Thrones, gonna pick up the next one at the library tomorrow(no, haven't checked name yet). Same with Split Infinity by Piers Anthony and Legacies by Modesitt jr. I'll definitely continue reading all series, although both Modesitt jr. and Anthony have a tendency to start off slow, and then *BAM stuff becomes interesting*.

Also reading a compendium for a religious studies bachelor programme I don't meet the reqs to apply for =P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    H.P Lovecraft's Necronomicon. For those who don't know, it's basically a compendium of the more well known Lovecraft stories and poems. I'm not really a big reader, and the fact that it's usually smaller stories means I can pick it up and put it back down again easily, cos I normally don't have the time to just stop and read. I should really put more time aside :/

I'm about half way through, and I really reccomend it. My favourite short story so far would be either 'Herbert West - Reanimator' or 'The Music of Erich Zann'. It's really chilling stuff.
    I'm also reading this right now although I haven't gotten very far yet. I just read "The Colour Out of Space" earlier today, probably my favorite so far, but I can't wait until I get to the Cthulhu mythos; I haven't read any Lovecraft before I picked up this book and I have quite high expectations. Although I must admit that the stories I've read so far have been quite good.

Deleted
    Enter Night: Metallica Biography.

Next on the list is.
    The Gospel of the Flying Spaggethi Monster

15+ Year Old Account
    11/22/63. Just started it last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Tower series; about halfway through the second book. It's pretty good stuff, and Roland is a rather dubious protagonist. Just how I like them. Also,

The word is NINETEEN.
    Knowing will drive you mad.
    But sooner or later you will ask.
    You won't be able to help yourself.
    Have a nice day!
    P.S. The word is NINETEEN.

Just finisherd inheritance

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Just finished the 2nd book of the Nightshade trilogy, a bit of a girly series, but nonetheless an entertaining read.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-12-12 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Spell Edit

Sigh, finsihed Clash of Kings, now onto Storm of Swords. I'm loving the series, but I LOVED clash of kings. I hope storm of swords is as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, finsihed Clash of Kings, now onto Storm of Swords. I'm loving the series, but I LOVED clash of kings. I hope storm of swords is as good.
    It's... wait for it...

BETTER!

Well, some people like ACOK more than ASOS (YMMV), but many of us feel that ASOS is one of our favorite books ever, not just in the series, but out of all the books we've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    It's... wait for it...

BETTER!

Well, some people like ACOK more than ASOS (YMMV), but many of us feel that ASOS is one of our favorite books ever, not just in the series, but out of all the books we've read.
    really? you've just made my night
    now that i have a full month off from school... incoming reading almost 24/7

10+ Year Old Account
    really? you've just made my night
    now that i have a full month off from school... incoming reading almost 24/7
    The bad news is, the next 2 are momentum killers. It helps if you think of AFFC and ADWD as 2 halves of the same book, because essentially, that's what they are. They're good books, but after ACOK, and ASOS, it's the (lull) calm before the storm... er, Winds of Winter.

Actually, come to think on it some more, the last third of ADWD is pretty crazy. Almost on par with the best parts of ACOK and ASOS.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-12-13 at 07:46 AM.