Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "The Reality Dysfunction" by Peter.F.Hamilton.

Took a break from reading 12 Horus Heresy novels.

Divergent by Veronica Roth.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Crossroads of Twilight - Book 10 of The Wheel of Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally started Ready Player One today and I can already tell I am going to love this.

I'm reading some assorted books by Charles Dickens. I've read almost all of them before, but I just love his writing...favorite author ever! After I finish with a few more books I'll probably grab some Stephen King novels...need something to give me interesting dreams at night.

Alright so I kind of read like.... 3 books at a time. Now one will always capture most of my time but I'll spend time with the others and then finish them all around the same time.

So atm I'm reading The Corpse Walker by Yiwu Liao. It's really good. It is a series of interviews with older people who grew up during the cultural revolution, the great leap foward, etc.

Also reading A Song of Ice and Fire by George Martin. Going to read the books before I watch the tv shows so I can nit-pick :P

Also reading Midnight in Peking which is about this murder in Bejieng before the Japanese invade in the 30s. Interesting but didn't capture me like a good old fantasy romp.

Deleted
    I am reading space odyssey again and it was surprised that I forget almost whole book and its awesome to be like reading it first time.

I'm reading A Clash of Kings right now, and afterward I'm probably going to read Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, followed by The Girl Who Played With Fire.

I am currently re-reading the shadow children series I have always enjoyed those books and the nostalgia is just flowing back to me lol.

I'm reading 'Redshirts' by John Scalzi. 'Pandora's Star' by Peter Hamilton, 'Blood Magic' by Mathew Cook and 'Man and Superman' by George Bernard Shaw (I actually haven't started reading the play itself yet, I have been reading a letter that he wrote to a friend which is quite interesting.

Redshirts is a humorous poke at Star Trek's storytelling, Pandora's Star looks like it is going to be some very epic science fiction with aliens, Blood Magic is a fantasy book about a female necromancer that kind of reminds me of the necromancer in Diablo 2 and Man and Superman is supposed to be a play based on the story of Don Juan.

I'm always reading a lot of books at once. Redshirts I read when I go to Barnes and Noble to hang out, Pandora's Star and Blood Magic I checked out from the library but I haven't gotten far in Pandora's Star yet because I gave it to my dad to read, and Man and Superman I am reading during my breaks at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stjernelys View Post
    I'm reading The Assasins of Tamurin by S.D. Tower. Not the first time I've read it, but it's worth rereading. =) It's fantasy.
    I know I've read that book but I can't recall anything about it, I guess I might have to reread that one sometime.

For those of you who have read and liked 'A Song of Ice and Fire' (I see quite a few in this topic) I recommend you try 'A Trial of Blood and Steel' by Joel Shepherd. It is a 4 books series starting with 'Sasha', it is complete and it is amazing.
    Last edited by Xenogeist; 2012-06-28 at 06:17 PM.

the columbus affair by steve barry

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan. I'm on book 7 and currently bogged down. Has anyone gotten through this entire series? It really feels like I got through the first 5 without any issues but I just cant seem to get through more than one chapter at a time now.

Guildwars: Ghosts of Ascalon and Guildwars: Edge of destiny.
    Reading Ghosts of ascalon atm, it's very well written. Occasionally they go a lil to much into detail, but it's a very good read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

Deleted
    Deadline by Mira Grant. Second part of Newsflesh trilogy. It's set in the future after the zombie rising. Would recommend.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Snuff" by T. Pratchett.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Crossroads of Twilight - Book 10 of The Wheel of Time.
    That's a good one Book 11 and 12 were amazing as well

Atm I am finishing up the last couple of chapters of Book 12 of The Wheel of Time, and will FINALLY be starting book 13 right after. If only book 14 was already out

Deleted
    War and Peace, or at least I'm partly reading it, mostly trying to keep a track of all the character's names and places.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand...I highly recommend it. A great book.

Deleted
    Just finished the last book of the hunger games series. and i cant stop thinking about the settings... driving me crazy D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That's a good one Book 11 and 12 were amazing as well

Atm I am finishing up the last couple of chapters of Book 12 of The Wheel of Time, and will FINALLY be starting book 13 right after. If only book 14 was already out
    What? 11 was terrible. I almost gave up on the series with that book. Nothing happened. The rest of the series, on the other hand, was awesome. My only issue was that one book.

I can't wait for A Memory of Light. Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande! Jan. 8 2013.
    Putin khuliyo