Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The last book I read was about Peter-No-Tail. That was when I was like 10 or something, so ~13 years ago. I just can't do it anymore, completely unable to focus on pages and pages with nothing but text on them for longer than 5-15 minutes. Tried it some years ago with Lord of the Rings book. didn't get very far.

Reading Divina Commedia.
    Holy hell that book is hard to read, but still so good.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading 'Furnace' right now. Its...ok...but certainly isn't "one of the greats" I seem to happen on once every five years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good thing. It helps to understand how a book that only has a few hundred pages could indeed be 3 feature filsm. Something that people don't seem to believe is possible of feasible.
    ...really? They make feature films out of Dr. Seuss books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    The last book I read was about Peter-No-Tail. That was when I was like 10 or something, so ~13 years ago. I just can't do it anymore, completely unable to focus on pages and pages with nothing but text on them for longer than 5-15 minutes. Tried it some years ago with Lord of the Rings book. didn't get very far.
    You ever considered audio books? Some are extremely well done and beautifully narrated.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    You ever considered audio books? Some are extremely well done and beautifully narrated.
    I 2nd that. I'm currently having to drive 13 hours every weekend to take care of my grandmother. I'm listening to George R.R. Martin's books to pass the time. Audiobooks are a great way to capture wasted time and make them productive.
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

Finished Neverwinter and now waiting on the last book in that set. In the meantime I am reading Why We Get Fat: And What To Do About It.

Re-reading all the Harry Potter novels. Noticed last week you can buy them as eBooks now! On Order of the Phoenix atm.

Will probably resume reading the Game of Thrones books after. On Clash of Kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still on a bit of a Pratchett kick and re-reading the Fifth Elephant.
    Because Sir Samuel Vimes really does prod buttock. Definitely my favourite Discworld character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, soon to be followed by Enders Game.

Quote Originally Posted by hanion548 View Post
    I am reading gitanjoli by Robindronath tagore. he is the famous poet in the world.
    Well, no. He isn't. In fact his work is pretty limited to a certain region.

Anyway, reading The Knight of the The Wizard Knight duo by Gene Wolfe once more.

the communist manifesto. now i can join in with my philosophy student friends when they talk of class war! viva la revolution!
    somebody call for d doctor?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started A Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson last night, glad I got it on my Kobo and not in hard cover, there is no way I am lugging that tome around.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Alot of books,
    50 shades of grey
    Swedish hackers
    The Steve Jobs book
    Ghost in the wires
    Jim Cramers Getting Back To Even
    Kingpin

10+ Year Old Account
    Harhar! Finally have my grubby little paws on The Long Earth (Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter) and Dodger (Terry Pratchett). Trying to decide which to read first... Any recommendations?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just read the first chapter of American Gods (Neil Gaiman)...WTFrak!

Deleted
    A Dance With Dragons, book five of A Song of Ice and Fire.

I'm trying to stall it a bit, since I don't want it to end Only a 100 pages left. Then again, there are still 2 books left and the show too.

[Books] What kind of stuff are you reading?

What do the folks at MMO-Champ like to read?

I'm a big fan of Sci-Fi & Fantasy works and have even started working on my own writing project and blog. (milesbooks on tumblr)
    I like fast paced stuff with action and adventure as well as more suspenseful/horror type stuff. Anything with a well written combat sequence I enjoy reading as well.
    I've read tons by Salvatore, Stephen King, and dozens of other authors whose names don't come to mind atm.