Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Will recieve Oil! and The Jungle this coming monday. As I've grown interest for Upton Sinclair's style of books, I plan to buy a couple more of his works; King Coal, namely, and more. Anyone have experience of Upton Sinclair? Which books are entertaining and worthy of reading?
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

I've just read the 90 pages of introduction by the translator which consists solely of context and to be honest I'm loving it. For the rest I'm going to start on a lot of classics, just got me a BB Playbook and stuffing it with free eBooks now:
    - The Odyssey of Homer
    - The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
    - A Tale of Two Cities
    - Ulysses (The book most people stopped reading before the ending ever? Sounds like fun!)
    - Star Wars EU since Disney said I shouldn't bother waiting for the movie
    - Dracula - Bram Stoker

Any other suggestions for classics that are old enough to have lived beyond their copyright? (I do prefer my books free)

Started reading The Walking Dead, like a week ago, only read one book. *.*

I need to read more, it's good and I like it a lot, I recommend it to anyone, especially people who like zombie stuff and a good story too.

Currently reading this:

Next, I'm going to read this:
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Currently reading Red Country by Joe Abercrombie.
    This one also set in the same world as the other 5 books and follows up on the story about Logen ninefingers and also feature our favorite drunk mercenary captain Nicomo cosca
    Nicomo cosca is hired by the union to root out rebels down in the old empire (talk about the wrong guy for the job^^), and logen ninefingers return to his farm to find 2 of his adopted children kidnapped and the farm burned down.. so he and his oldest "daughter" Shy goes on a hunt to get them back! (Logens first blood in this book is priceless!)

ON the horizon is Cold days by Jim butcher soon to be released!

Fifty shades of Beige
    That guy (>'.')>

How i would rate WoW Cinematics : WotLK>MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Just finished the Xenogenesis trilogy.

Going to start on the Mercy Thompson series while I wait for the next Dresden Files book (on the 29th)

Just finished the first two books in the Kingkiller Chronicle which I enjoyed extremely much and I'm now making me way through the Sprawl trilogy which is also fantastic thus far.

J.G. Ballard - The Voices of Time (short story)
    Salman Rushdie - Midnight's Children

I'm a big fan of Ballard's writing. Both his style and theme (psychological, dystopian, industrial) are wonderful. It's the first time in a while I'd rather read something than play computer games. I'm reading Midnight's Children for a bit of the challenge and to get to know why he had an international hit put on him. It's hard to understand his style at first, but it's true what critics say - it's magical.

Currently reading Orb Sceptre Throne by Ian C. Esslemont (I know Erikson is the better known Malazan author, but they created the damn thing together, and my local library only have Ian's stuff :P). After that, I have Robin Hobb's Soldier Son trilogy waiting for me. Gonna finish off Dean Koontz's Frankenstein books after that.

Eagerly awaiting: Vizzle's debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

Finishing off a re-read of the wheel of time before the last book comes out. Also looking forward to the next dresden novel, which will force a brief break before finishing WoT.

Right now: For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, Book 5) - Kim Harrison, quite funny story. Read about 5 out of 10 books.
    Before that, I finished "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R.R. Martin.
    After a tip from this forum, i ordered "Word War Z. An Oral History Of The Zombie war" by Max Brooks.

I'm not a big reader, but I want to get into it. I started reading A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire on my phone. But then I stopped because it's really frustrating to read it on a phone so I'm going to try and get the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I'm not a big reader, but I want to get into it. I started reading A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire on my phone. But then I stopped because it's really frustrating to read it on a phone so I'm going to try and get the book.
    Yeah, reading on a phone could be really frustrating. Atleast for me, my Amazon Kindle is one of the best things i've ever bought. Amazing to read, easy to handle. Ok not every book is that much cheeper in Germany (since our Law-System set a fix price for books) but it's ok. I commend everyone to try it, really

Kehinde by Buchi Emecheta (for lit class).

American Gods by Neil Gaiman (for myself).

Keyboard Turner
    Atm i'm reading the Fifty shades of grey trilogie, so far so good tbh.
    Just finished reading Dear John, amazing book just like the movie.
    And i wanna start reading the Lord of the rings books and I am number four, sigh to many books, not enough time >.<

Terry Goodkind's
    The Sword of Truth series, Confessor.

Rereading all books by Brent Weeks. Not sure how popular he in the great scheme of things but I would list him as one of my favourite authors of all time.

Wheel of Time, Sword of Truth, and a variety of other Sci Fi/Fantasy books.

I'm about to finish up A Crown of Swords in the Wheel of Time series. Not sure if I'm about to pick up the Song of Fire and Ice next or force myself to continue on with WOT.