Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished a reread of the entire Wheel of Time series in preparation for the final book this January.

/excited

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    I've read digital fortress as well, it was quite an amazing book (Infact, I've read it at least 3 times...)

Currently plodding my way through Sun-Tzu The Art of Warfare
    Next up: Space Chronicles by Neil DeGrasse Tyson

And re-reading the harry potter series for what must be at least the 10th time....I sort of like to read them before bed each night, currently on the 6th book. (I swear though, I have them memorized at this point...)
    If you liked The Art of War check out War of the Flea. It's interesting if you're into that sorta thing.

And right now I'm reading Bleak House - Charles Dickens

Just got finished with "A Song of Ice and Fire." Reading a quick book "Ghost of Ascalon" then going to start "The Wheel of Time" series.
    | I5 2500k @ 4.3GHZ 1.33v | Corsair Veng. 1600 DDR3 | Corsair H60| Asus p8z68-v |
    | XFX R9 280x DD| CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair 750 Modular | Razer Naga Molten|

Last book (or rather novella) I read was "Emperor's Soul" by Brandon Sanderson, and today I'm going to start with the last of "Wheel of Time" books, the Memory of Light, which I just got today.

Currently hopping from one book to another in anticipation of the third book in the Kingkiller chronicles by patrick rothfuss.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted
    "The Philosophy Book". Philosophy and me do not mix too well, but it's surprisingly coherent and puts all the ideas into useful historical contexts.

Deleted
    At the moment I'm reading the debut book of John Gwynne called "Malice", pretty good so far.
    After I finish this I'll start reading "The Way of Kings".

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading a book called "The Sacred Band" which is book three of the Acacia trilogy.

Reading 'statistics II' lol ;d But tbh have not read fiction at all since the school days.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently starting Elantris by Brendan Sanderson

Imager's Battallion by L.E. Modesitt Jr.

Reading Fellowship of the ring and IT, at the same time.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    A Clash of Kings, by G.R.R. Martin. Seen the episodes of that book already, but it´s quite different in the book. Soon starting with a Storm of Swords.

I got A Memory of Light yesterday. Only problem is that I have 14 hour schooldays and its Global Game Jam this weekend Wont be able to read for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I got A Memory of Light yesterday. Only problem is that I have 14 hour schooldays and its Global Game Jam this weekend Wont be able to read for a while.
    Make sure you schedule appropriately for the Last Battle chapter. Made me miss my chem lecture today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Make sure you schedule appropriately for the Last Battle chapter. Made me miss my chem lecture today.
    Yeah, it will probably be in 2 months or so. Programming games takes so much time.

Deleted
    Burmese Days, George Orwell. Only a few chapters in, but it has drawn me in with it's vivid style. It helps explain a lot of historical and social context about Burma and supposedly many Burmese know of the book and relate it to their present day struggles. Along with 1984, unsurprisingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

Death is so witty.

Hmm haven't updated in a bit. I finished Tides of War (I really liked it) and I am nor currently halfway through Memory of Light... though I might have to stop reading on the train because I keep missing stops ><

Reading The Dome from Stephen King, borrowed it from my dad this week and altho I'm only ~70 pages in I'm loving it already.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle