Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just started on Angelology by Danielle Trussoni from what I've read so far it feels a bit sluggish, hoping it will pick up later on

10+ Year Old Account
    right now im reading storm of the dead by lisa smeldmen. its the lady pentinent triology. then im gonna move on to finishing the transition trilogy for the drizzt do'urden series of books.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    After finishing Shakespeares The Tempest, i am now busy with Moby Dick.

I bought Cloud Atlas 3 months ago and still only at page 40...

Deleted
    I'm currently reading Memories of ice by Erikson. I've read only 1/4 so far, so i can't really say much about it but i liked first 2 books in the series so...

Eldest. After I finish the Inheritance Cycle I'll be moving on to the Dresden Files.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The German Genius" by Peter Watson. Very interesting (but also a bit boring and a bit lengthy in between to be fair)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Funny that you mention that, because Zetsuen No Tempest is the reason i want to read them
    The story is supposed to mirror both books, also the mass of quotes seem highly interesting, also Shakespear is an absolut classic and often regarded as a must read for every reading fan, so i am pretty excited for the books ^^
    Not sure if you've read Shakespeare before, but if not, just bear in mind that they're plays, not novels, so reading them doesn't quite compare to seeing them performed on stage.

For myself: Before They Are Hanged, by Joe Abercrombie.
    I can see this author becoming a firm favourite of mine.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Not sure if you've read Shakespeare before, but if not, just bear in mind that they're plays, not novels, so reading them doesn't quite compare to seeing them performed on stage.

For myself: Before They Are Hanged, by Joe Abercrombie.
    I can see this author becoming a firm favourite of mine.
    Not shakespeare before, but some other "books" which in fact were plays, for example Stephen Kings Storm of the Century. No problems there.
    But what almost drove me crazy was the 400 years old english writing ^^
    As a non native speaker something like this was extremly hard to read:
    "O my heart bleeds to think o' th' teen that i turn'd you to, which is from my remembrance; please you farther."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Not shakespeare before, but some other "books" which in fact were plays, for example Stephen Kings Storm of the Century. No problems there.
    But what almost drove me crazy was the 400 years old english writing ^^
    As a non native speaker something like this was extremly hard to read:
    "O my heart bleeds to think o' th' teen that i turn'd you to, which is from my remembrance; please you farther."
    Yeah, even as a native speaker it gets a little tough to get my head around at times. Though I find after a little while it flows a little more easily as I read it.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay, lovely book so far.

I'm a fan of John Green and follow the vlogbrothers as a nerdfighter, so I am reading some of his books right now, Looking for Alaska (awesome) and The Fault in Our Stars (Liking it so far).

R.A. Salvatore has some really good books.

Deleted
    Currently working on a collection of Sherlock Holmes cases. Its really interesting just how amazing that guy truly is.

Also 1 question, did someone read grimms fairy tales? I always thought it were just childrens storys like snow white and so on, but i heard the original ones were much darker and more adult material.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    I'm going to start reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Loved the movies but I was left with the feeling that there must be so much more...so I should read the whole thing.
    You should most definitely read the books, after the trilogy, you can read the Hobbit, and the Silmarillion.

I'm currently reading, The Spirit of The Laws by Montesquieu.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 shades of grey.
    While I think the book is complete garbage, every other girl I know has read it so I have to read it too, so that I would at least know what they are talking about. And to read it first and judge later, though I have to admit that my opinion about it before reading was *garbage*, while reading it also remained *garbage*.

Looking forward to being done with it. Next book on my night table is Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. I read it in my early teens and am looking forward to reading it now as an adult.

Deleted
    Funny that you mention that, because Zetsuen No Tempest is the reason i want to read them
    The story is supposed to mirror both books, also the mass of quotes seem highly interesting, also Shakespear is an absolut classic and often regarded as a must read for every reading fan, so i am pretty excited for the books ^^
    Although those are plays, and should be seen on stage (if possible), i would definitely recommend reading them, even as books they are extremely great. I red Hamlet when i was quite young, and it remains one of my favourite reading experience.

The Sonnets are quite nice too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    Although those are plays, and should be seen on stage (if possible), i would definitely recommend reading them, even as books they are extremely great. I red Hamlet when i was quite young, and it remains one of my favourite reading experience.

The Sonnets are quite nice too.
    Already done, extremely difficult as a german, but very interesting nonetheless. As mentioned earlier, still busy with Sherlock Holmes, but after that its time for Bram Stokers Dracula.
    I really love the Penguin Popular Classics Series, almost every must read book in the original version and for only 2,99 €. Already looking for the next couple to buy, but couldnt decide yet ^^

Deleted
    Already done, extremely difficult as a german, but very interesting nonetheless. As mentioned earlier, still busy with Sherlock Holmes, but after that its time for Bram Stokers Dracula.
    I really love the Penguin Popular Classics Series, almost every must read book in the original version and for only 2,99 €. Already looking for the next couple to buy, but couldnt decide yet ^^
    I could not agree more, I have Dracula in this edition (and many other books). Penguin Popular's price seems to remain steady. French editions no longer have a small cost edition similar to Penguin popular.

There is also a short novel I would like to recommend : Bartleby, the Scrivener, by Herman Melville.
    Last edited by mmoc29a7c2362f; 2013-03-10 at 08:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finishing off The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (amazing, amazing book -- really wish they would make it into a movie), having recently finished a re-read of the Wheel of Time series + the final book (A Memory of Light). All I can say about WoT is: damn, what a ride.

Next on my list is Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. Had never heard of her before, but despite the cheesy character synopsis, it actually sounds like an intriguing read.
    For the Alliance!