Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Just finished the latest Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.
    Those earned a new place on my shelf besides the Malazan, Song of Ice and Fire and Wheel of Time series. I can only recommend them to everyone who likes fantasy, even if you don't like urban fantasy.

But now I've started with The Witcher Series by Andezji Sapkowsky in preparation for The Witcher 3.

I'm not sure if it's the German translation or if it's like that in the original, but the writing is atrocious.
    The writing in Witcher is very odd. I think it is the translation, but I don't know.

I just finished Blood Rites and am starting dead beat. The books are a little formulaic so far but still very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I just finished Blood Rites and am starting dead beat. The books are a little formulaic so far but still very enjoyable.
    Dead Beat is the Word of Kemmler one, iirc. The finale in that book is just... buckets of awesomesauce delivered to you by your (sexual partner of choice).

After Dead Beat things get really interesting and the universe really expands/opens quite a bit.

I'm kind of envious of all you guys just reading the Dresden Files for the first time.

Book two the game of thrones collection. But will take a break from that as soon as my Magicians End gets here, final book to an amazing series. Cant wait to read it, ive been reading the series for almost 20 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I started to Watch Game of Thrones. I thought of starting to read the books. And now as of the season 3 soon to end, I decided to pick them up and read.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Dead Beat is the Word of Kemmler one, iirc. The finale in that book is just... buckets of awesomesauce delivered to you by your (sexual partner of choice).

After Dead Beat things get really interesting and the universe really expands/opens quite a bit.

I'm kind of envious of all you guys just reading the Dresden Files for the first time.
    Only half a year until Skin Game

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Only half a year until Skin Game
    I know. Couple other good authors are releasing in the meantime, but I need my Dresdencrack.

Been re-reading Wheel of Time, about a quarter of the way through Crossroads of Twilight at the moment. I think this is my third time through the series and I remember not finding CoT as bad the second time through, because I was kinda paying more attention to the other stories besides Rand vs. Bad Guys and was taking in more of the other people that, in my first reading, I didn't give a crap about.

Third time through, I'm taking in even more stuff. Holy crap, that guy could write ridiculously detailed plots with ridiculous amount of in-depth characters.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    currently reading Christie Golden - The Shattering, its about the story around the Cataclysm expansion
    having read the Arthas book she wrote and absolutely loving it i finally found time to read this book*6 hour train journeys will do that for you* and so far i absolutely love it, it gives so much more insight into the wow lore i think a lot of people dont even know about

i am also "reading" the new Doctor Who book - Plague of the Cybermen my parents decided to gift it to me as a listen book on the London tube's which so far even though i prefer to read a book its by far not bad and quite entertaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card.
    I've seen a number of people here on the forums talking about how much they enjoyed it, so picked it up when I was at the bookshop the other day.
    About halfway through, loving it so far.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card.
    I've seen a number of people here on the forums talking about how much they enjoyed it, so picked it up when I was at the bookshop the other day.
    About halfway through, loving it so far.
    There's a movie adaption coming in the start of November in case you didn't know.

Red Country.

It's the 3rd stand alone book after the First Law trilogy.

Really good books. Much grittier than Song of Ice and Fire.

I'm going back through Terry Pratchett's Discworld, just for a lack of reading material.

I was reading Harry Turtledove a few months back, and I'm probably going to see if I can find some of his other series. His stuff that isn't really alternate history doesn't appeal to me though, so I'm not sure where I'll end up there.

Also have a ton of Robert Heinlein sitting around, but his whole immortal world-as-myth series books are really hard to follow without much payoff, so I'm not sure how long it'll be before I return to those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    There's a movie adaption coming in the start of November in case you didn't know.
    I did not know that!
    I'm glad I'm reading the book now, before the movie comes out then.
    That's another to add to the 'want to watch' list.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Lisey's Story by Stephen King. Really enjoying it, so far^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished Extinction Machine by Jonathan Maberry and planning on picking up The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just starting off The Way of Kings, just finished Robin Hobb's Rain Wild Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by VoxLupus View Post
    Just starting off The Way of Kings, just finished Robin Hobb's Rain Wild Chronicles.
    You're in for a treat. I need to reread that soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I'm a bit on hold on reading Malazan Book of the Fallen, as it sounds like the first book is just a chore to get through, and I'm never sure if I understand as much as I'm supposed to understand at that point.
    You're not alone. I've got the books lined up on my shelf ready to read, I managed to get through the first one when I was younger (think I was 12 when I got it). Only problem is I need to read the first one again, yet everytime I reach for it I shudder at the memory of the struggle I found it to be the first time. I'm sure it's not as bad as I'm remembering, but was so hard to follow for me.

Currently though, I'm "reading" information is beautiful and reading the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy again.

Starting Malazan now. Hopefully done in < 2 months.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.