Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Johanne Hildebrant's "Krigare", or warriors in english.

"They woo her as a fearsome mistress, challenge her because it makes them feel more alive than anything else. The warriors has given her many names. Ishtar, Kali, Pallas Athena, Freya, they were all aspects of the lust and terror of near death. For others, she was rather a tough old relative that you had to hang out with sometimes. [...] But it does not matter how hard she flirts and strutts around, for those who did not escape her seduction arts there was only sorrow, pain and death. She was an insatiable bitch that took far more than she gave and the best thing was to stay far away from her. "

So far so good.

"You will make lots of money on your book,' said Pierre. 'I think not, documentary books rarely sell well. I must be stupid to keep on with it. I do not even know why I became a war correspondent. It is poorly paid, people are shooting at you, you live a uncomfortable life, you get zero support from home and you get attacked by people who do not have a clue what they are talking about."
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-07-01 at 03:37 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I like how I could understand that ^ - and I don't even speak Swedish.

So I just finished 11/22/63 by King:

Can't decide if I want to reread Carrie or The Shining...
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Dragonlance and Star Trek novels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reading the collected works of A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh) prior to giving it to my six year old - absolutely delightful.

Also reading A Dance with Dragons - G.R. Martin

Also reading Inferno - Dan Brown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    So I just finished 11/22/63 by King:

Can't decide if I want to reread Carrie or The Shining...
    I'd reread The Shining, in preperation for Doctor Sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Leviathan Wakes, I am like 70% finished with it, this is the first true space opera I have read(besides hgttg). It is somewhat firefly like, I like it.
    I enjoyed it too, I'm currently reading the next one in the series, Caliban's War.

The series is called The Expanse. For those interested the author is James S.A. Correy. Its near-space (restricted to our own solar system) space opera. Neat characters, cleanly written enjoyable series so-far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Philip Kindred Dick's Solar Lottery. One of the best books created by my favourite author.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Working my way through the Odd Thomas series, by the ever enjoyable Dean Koontz. Likable characters with little to no bloat, and some neat supernatural happenings. Well worth picking up. Heading into book two now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    A Song of Ice and Fire - A Storm of Swords .__.

Reading Fallout: Equestria currently, a MLP fanfic (a very popular one).

3/4ths through Book 5 of Malazan. It's good, like all of the Malazan books (except GOTM), but the stark metaphor that is the Letheras to the US gets tiresome. Everything from the debt to the social structure to the mages complaining about how crazy their destruction is... just overbearing. I get that he wants to send a message but he should've been more subtle instead of just renaming the US Lethar.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    I enjoyed it too, I'm currently reading the next one in the series, Caliban's War.

The series is called The Expanse. For those interested the author is James S.A. Correy. Its near-space (restricted to our own solar system) space opera. Neat characters, cleanly written enjoyable series so-far.
    I just finished Caliban's War, was good. How did the choose the name for the books? Seems a bit random.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Just finished Wicked Bronze Ambition by Glen Cook, which is the most recent Garrett P.I. book. I was pretty frustrated with it since he killed off one of my favorite characters in the first twenty pages, and I'm used to this series being much more Noir/Comedy than serious/melancholy. That said, Cook is still an excellent author and the book was good for what it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Currently reading Racing in the Rain, My Life as a Dog.
    I like it a lot, I don't own a dog at the moment but the book is really emotional. My next book will either be Perks of Being a Wallflower (really enjoyed the movie) or Where the Red Fern Grows.

Currently reading The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick. Liking it a lot. Really thought-provoking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.
    The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer.

Reamde by Neal Stephenson.

A book revolving around the next big MMO after WoW, written like a spy novel by one of the most creative and fun to read authors I've ever come across. There's a whole lot to like about this book. After reading Reamde and Cryptonomicon (another Neal Stephenson novel), this guy is definitely in my top three favorite authors at the moment. Highly recommend the book, especially to MMO players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hopping between several books right now:

World War Z
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    A Clash of Kings

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, I'm reading "A Word of Darkness".

hmm i am now reading physic book of grade12.