Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this many pages and no-one mentions Christopher Moore? This guy is one of the funniest, wittiest authors I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I have re-read Lamb at least 10 times, and I still actually laugh ut loud at parts. I highly recommend all of his books, but especially Lamb, Fluke, The Stupidest Angel and Fool. You won't be disappointed.

Deleted
    Writings from prison Leyla Zana.

10+ Year Old Account
    My own. Finished my novel about a week ago, and now I'm reading over it to catch mistakes.

Read Slaughterhouse Five today, my first venture into Vonnegut. Really good.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Read Slaughterhouse Five today, my first venture into Vonnegut. Really good.
    Vonnegut is great. Since you liked it, I recommend you read Mother Night or Cat's Cradle at some point.

As for me, currently reading Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero- View Post
    Vonnegut is great. Since you liked it, I recommend you read Mother Night or Cat's Cradle at some point.
    Hmm, I'll check those out. Thanks!

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Rereading A Song of Ice and Fire as they are released in my own language to get a laugh, but actually they aren't too bad

Deleted
    Reading this thread.

Deleted
    Reading 'The White Guard' by Mikhail Bulgakov

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post
    Currently reading the Devil's Elixir by Raymond Khoury.
    Finished this one few weeks ago, quite nice read, but not overwhelming, some nice ideas overall.

Then read Ubik once more, awesome book.

And right now, The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom, quite interesting so far, really well written fable.

I just finished Dan Brown's Inferno, fucking loved that book, it was very well written.
    Just finished that myself. Was a good book, as usual by him. This one ended a bit differently than usual though, I was surprised.

Also he's a dick for that one part with the hotel where he makes you think it is Ferris omeeting with Bortrand but then you find out it's Sienna

And what is with Langdon never ended up with a girl. Seriously, in every book there's always a girl you expect him to end up with and then at the end nope, he pushes them away.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Paksenarrion, written by Elizabeth Moon. It's the 5th time I'm reading through it and I still love it to death. A very good one if you're into fantasy that ain't too over the top (low magic kinda).

His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

Reading the "A Man of his Word" series by Dave Duncan. Wasn't into it to much till the 2nd book. So far the final book (4th) is the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reading "3rd Degree" by James Patterson. Started reading his stuff after i got a copy of "Kiss the Girls" after watching the film with Morgan Freeman as the titular star.

Got a stack of JP books from a car boot sale recently and another 3 from a book store in town, currently at 15 of his books to read

Also have a nice stack of 10 books to go through, next on the read list is "Voodoo Eyes" by Nick Stone.

Only started getting back into reading last year after a 12 ish year break lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also sprach Zarathustra, and rereading The Black Company because it's badass.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Deleted
    Reading 3 different works concurrently atm. I have found that no matter what book you read, it helps to read one or two beside it. Redemption from monotheism, I call it

Dostoyevsky The Brothers Karamazov - philosophical novel
    Adorno Minima Moralia: Reflections on a Damaged Life - social science
    Ehin Consciousness is Snakeskin - surrealist Estonian poetry
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2013-08-06 at 03:18 PM.

Quite an excellent trilogy!
    Yes, indeed I have heard nothing but praise and now after reading the first book I can't wait to read the rest.

Hah yeah, it's almost as if Dan Brown is intentionally keeping Langdon a sexy bachelor Indian Jones type guy just to add to the intrigue, though I think in Digital Fortress he ends up with Susan, yes?
    Robert Langdon isn't in Digital Fortress. He's only in Inferno, Lost Symbol, Angel's and Demons and Da Vinci Code.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Malazan 7 is so fucking bad. 300k words of internal monologue, 100k words of actual plot. God damn I can't get through this book. And I'm sick of the constant new PoVs. We already have a hundred. We don't need a hundred more.

I also feel like there's a giant plot hole here. They keep saying that no one can kill the Emperor because the Emperor will just come back to life. Why doesn't someone just rip his limbs off, rip his head off, tear him to shreds? Will he regenerate like a lizard? Just keep ripping him apart. It's a bit silly.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-08-09 at 02:55 AM.