Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

What is the worst system you have played WoW on?

Forget all the new kick ass computers. What was the worst computer you have ever played WoW on?

For me it was an Intel P3, 512MB PC133, Geforce MX440, and a 80GB HDD. It was like playing WoW through a power point presentation. But what truly matters is that I was there for the guilds first kill of Ragnaros. Playing a frost mage was super easy through MC.

Deleted
    probably my PC i had one i first had it, no idea what the specs were, but it was already a 4-5 year old PC when wow came out, all i can remeber is that we had to upgrade the Ram to play it. i remember having to play on lowest settings, loading screens took for ever and i couldnt use any addons :P

loved it.

I forget the specs but I spent much of Burning Crusade playing on a PC that was getting rather old. I main tanked Black Temple with only 2fps on some bosses (luckily by the time we got to the later bosses where reaction time was critical I was pretty used to it)

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Probably my old Athlon XP Barton 2500+ with a Radeon 9600 AIW.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Cataclysm on a P4 2.66b, 2GB DDR-333, and a 9800 Pro. Not nearly as bad as OP's computer, but Cata is a bit more stressful of an expansion too . I played Classic on an Athlon XP, 1GB RAM, and the same 9800 Pro with no difficulties, but playing it on the P4 single core in Cata was like pulling teeth. 10-15FPS with details on Fair, soloing in Uldum.
    Super casual.

That I owned myself?
    Athlon XP 1500+
    512MiB DDR
    80GB Western Digital Caviar (later addition)
    FX5200 256MiB

I logged on and killed a squirrel with remote access on my iphone. Does that count? :x

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god a crappy laptop with original windows vista that refused to go away
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

I used to play on a 128Mb graphiccard, 512MB ram and 2.8Ghz INtel Celeron, which I used from the start of vanilla to sunwell in tbc.

Recently upgraded it to 256Mb Nvidia card, 2048ram and still the old 2.8Ghz CPU.. Funny how it still works with 12fps during 10man with 1920x1200 and all settings on fair

windows me emachine from wal-mart..nuff said

Single core AMD, 256mb ram, 60gb HD, 64mb on board video card (Was advertised as 256mb SHARED, at the time 256mb was beast) Used that for about 4 years, replaced it a few months ago, raided the entire time.

This piece of shit I'm on right now. I've played WoW competitively since release, since I was 12 years old. Then a virus comes around, fucks my old badass cyberpower gaming pc up, and I blow the rest of my taxi money on an impulse buy piece of trash single core gateway system with no means of playing any games. Now I can't play WoW at all. I can't even fucking play Magicka, Magicka for Christ's sake, what a joke. I can play League of Legends on all low settings, too bad I hate that game.

I didn't even know they still fuckin MADE single core PCs.

Deleted
    Singlecore AMD Athlon 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, 256mb ram, some random shitty integrated graphics.
    Used until august '10.

I don't even remember the GPU I used at the time, all I know it predated my 7900GS AGP. But the Rest was a Dual Athlon MP 2400+ System with 2 Gigs of Registered DDR PC2100.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Necro View Post
    This piece of shit I'm on right now. I've played WoW competitively since release, since I was 12 years old. Then a virus comes around, fucks my old badass cyberpower gaming pc up, and I blow the rest of my taxi money on an impulse buy piece of trash single core gateway system with no means of playing any games. Now I can't play WoW at all. I can't even fucking play Magicka, Magicka for Christ's sake, what a joke. I can play League of Legends on all low settings, too bad I hate that game.

You should be able to remove the virus or format the hard drive and reinstall Windows. There hasn't been a virus to date, that I know of, that can cause hardware to quit.

Deleted

...really?
    It might just be me, with having had seven harddrives chrashed at the age of fourteen, but it that was me, I'd just have booted from an Ubuntu liveCD and reformat all harddrives, starting fresh.
    But thne again, I don't get attached to any data.

Take the harddrive from your current computer. Put it into the old "badass cyberpower" one.
    Then reinstall the OS if you have to (some are finnicky). Done.

Shitty Dell computer with Intergrated Graphics, 512mb of ram (later upgraded it to 1g) This was 3 years ago.....Then I played on a Maclol Pro...Then a Sony Vaio

My wife's 4 year old MacBook. Not pro. Not a high version of a MacBook. Just the simplest version of a MacBook.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have a really old Athlon single core 2.0ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, and a Radeon 9200. It handled 40 mans like a champ in the day. (I don't remember models and shit for it, although if I really wanted to it's still sitting in a closet near me)

as long as the camera was facing the ground.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-07-30 at 12:04 AM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard