Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing it since this morning now, I have to say it is a very interesting game. It goes between being a first person shooter to a stealth game to a detective game which is an interesting concept that works. This game is hard though, especially on the higher difficulty so make sure you save a lot. Also if you have an older computer you will not be able to run it without framerate hicups. I'm even having a bit of trouble running it on my gt 330.

bought this last night, finished installing just as i was about to head to bed. hopefully i'll get some time in tonight...

I've heard good things of it thus far, loved the original, hated the sequel.

Brother Bought it for me , Having fun with it so far.

The load time is slightly long for me, but that might be because my system is 4 years old, and I was going for the all non-lethal approach and having to reload a few too many times.

Also at first I found hacking confusing, the basic/advance tutorials weren't all that helpful. But once I tried a few times, it turned out to be a very fun mini game.

I don't really trust pcgamer reviews anymore, but yes I am looking forward to playing it, I haven't seen much of the inventory, ect. but I hope it's not a "console-to-pc" type of inventory import. I loved the original game so I'm hoping to see more about the story as well.

I love this game. Its like the first Deus Ex but made 10 years later, which is basically what it is. Load times are long, but the gameplay is great.
    Humans only. No pony zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Been playing it since this morning now, I have to say it is a very interesting game. It goes between being a first person shooter to a stealth game to a detective game which is an interesting concept that works.
    This part? That's ENTIRELY down to your own choices and actions. Theres always more than one way to accomplish an objective.

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 03:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cowbakwards View Post
    I love this game. Its like the first Deus Ex but made 10 years later, which is basically what it is. Load times are long, but the gameplay is great.
    Indeed. It's another great chunk of Deus Ex goodness.

Whenever im home im playing this, its tons of fun!

i'm having troube running it. when i start the new game i get to the dialogue but only get text with no sound, and then it crashes after the text dialogue is over. anybody have a similar issue? any recommendations on lesser settings without sacrificing too much quality"?

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    i'm having troube running it. when i start the new game i get to the dialogue but only get text with no sound, and then it crashes after the text dialogue is over. anybody have a similar issue? any recommendations on lesser settings without sacrificing too much quality"?
    [Insert the usual advice about updating drivers and DirectX]

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    [Insert the usual advice about updating drivers and DirectX]

i did update my video card drivers, and i'm playing from Steam which i thought automatically updates DirectX...

i mean should i be having issues with a 8800GTS video card on a dual core 3300 AMD? i looked at the setting adjustments but i don't know what half of that stuff in 'Advanced' would affect and doesn't affect.

Deleted
    Anyone else who thinks that one of the best things with this game is the aesthetics and color scheme? I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Anyone else who thinks that one of the best things with this game is the aesthetics and color scheme? I know I do.
    Yeah, I think it's one of the best things for sure. The immersion level is intense. I'm loving every minute of it and hope that I get a good 30-40 hours out of the game.

My only problem with the game is it doesnt seem to keep my keyboard binds, and i cant find a config file to edit. Anyone else have this problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    My only problem with the game is it doesnt seem to keep my keyboard binds, and i cant find a config file to edit. Anyone else have this problem?
    My friend is having the same problem, he plays with the arrow keys and can't remap things like ENTER, so he's frustrated. I'm sure a mod will come out to change it soon enough.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    My friend is having the same problem, he plays with the arrow keys and can't remap things like ENTER, so he's frustrated. I'm sure a mod will come out to change it soon enough.
    Well i just want to change iron sights to right click instead of middle mouse, and cover to c instead of right click. Which seem like weird default mapping to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i just want to change iron sights to right click instead of middle mouse, and cover to c instead of right click. Which seem like weird default mapping to me
    Middle mouse is zoom.. really? >_>
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Yeah I had trouble remapping things as well. I think the game gives you issues with certain buttons that are already (by default) being used other places. I wanted to remap the stealth/vision buttons to numbers because the F keys are a pain to hit on my steel series keyboard but it wouldn't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Middle mouse is zoom.. really? >_>
    I ended up switching ADS to mouse 4 and just leaving the crouch/cover the same since I don't really use ADS as much as I thought I would (laser sight, cover, not ever shooting, etc). So middle mouse button makes sense... ADS isn't as important as other FPSs, unless you plan on running and gunning the whole game.

Does anyone else just simply LOVE the augmentation screen? I love just staring at it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I ended up switching ADS to mouse 4 and just leaving the crouch/cover the same since I don't really use ADS as much as I thought I would (laser sight, cover, not ever shooting, etc). So middle mouse button makes sense... ADS isn't as important as other FPSs, unless you plan on running and gunning the whole game.

Does anyone else just simply LOVE the augmentation screen? I love just staring at it.
    I also am doing stealth alot and i guess i just didnt notice not using ADS lol, but i do use my zoom alot for my tranq rifle and sometimes my silenced 10mm