Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Brewmaster Elite Peon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The American Empire of Obama
    Posts
    1,351

    Being smart ( high IQ ) is boring ...seriously

    Im watching the jersey shore marathon and never seen this show before today and i have to say im jealous of how much fun those people have . People i know make fun of them for being shallow and basically dumb but who cares if your living the life !! I know Doctors and Business leaders who live miserable lives because they cant enjoy anything with there superior attitudes and IQ's ....these people are basic and fun ...I say they live much much higher quality lives then almost anyone with a high IQ . What do you guys think .

  2. #2
    Well I consider myself rather smart and I live every second of my life.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Im watching the jersey shore marathon and never seen this show before today and i have to say im jealous of how much fun those people have . People i know make fun of them for being shallow and basically dumb but who cares if your living the life !! I know Doctors and Business leaders who live miserable lives because they cant enjoy anything with there superior attitudes and IQ's ....these people are basic and fun ...I say they live much much higher quality lives then almost anyone with a high IQ . What do you guys think .
    Just because you are smart doesn't mean you have a shit attitude towards life. People can be smart and happy.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord BoomChickn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    2,430
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

    Really, I think it is just that the smarter people find a lot of those things boring because there isn't anything to use their minds on in those activities (They got intelligence for a reason...). Also, jersey shore probably doesn't show the crab jobs those people probably have (But I don't watch jersey shore so...), probably working in factories in the worst conditions or something. I will be sitting back designing my device to destroy the world thank you very much...

    OR, I just fed the troll. One of the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,820
    Sorrow is the curse of intelligence. Everything has exceptions of course.

    But the system of IQ is greatly flawed and should really never be used to accurately measure intelligence.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-07-30 at 05:17 AM.

  6. #6
    Meh, I'm more then happy just going to work, coming home and logging into WoW a few hours, play some xbox, maybe go see a movie. Living "the life" isn't something I'd like to be a part of. I know way to many people that don't think and just do on impulse with no thought of repercussion and they're lives are currently a nightmare. I will pass. Also, don't watch Jersey Shore, eww. :P

  7. #7
    Mechagnome drake741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    584
    One extreme end of this is called an existential dilemma, or as I call it sometimes, the crushing burden of intelligence, and can be serious if it leads to outright depression.

    On the other hand, it could also be pretension, and in that case, crack open a beer and enjoy yourself.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Clame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    370
    Haven't heard of many 'high IQ people' that actually watch that show.

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Neganova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    1,489
    You really ought not compare how "fun" your life is to a show, much less Jersey Shore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

  10. #10
    No I understand what he's saying, and he's right. I think.

    I consider myself a fairly intelligent person. But I can never get "distracted" from my every day problems. People say they go relax and play video games or watch movies but I can't. I literally cannot escape those problems(bills, school, etc) even if they aren't pertinent right now. Things I shouldn't have to worry about all the time, I do. And nothing helps.

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Neganova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    1,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Clame View Post
    Haven't heard of many 'high IQ people' that actually watch that show.
    And this too! So many better things to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by drake741 View Post
    One extreme end of this is called an existential dilemma, or as I call it sometimes, the crushing burden of intelligence, and can be serious if it leads to outright depression.

    On the other hand, it could also be pretension, and in that case, crack open a beer and enjoy yourself.
    This.

    I seem to be doing this a lot more often recently, thinking about life, everything, the how's the why's the sadness of knowing that there's not enough time to know and do everything. Sometimes I'd much rather be oblivious to what's going on in the world and be able to switch off, instead of my mind running at 100mph constantly :S

  13. #13
    Field Marshal Gwarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    603
    Posts
    75
    shnookie want shnoo shnooo
    To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire The King in Yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Yhtill
    Posts
    360
    Wait wait wait... you are jealous of the Jersey Shore people? Never in my life have I switched channels so quickly, as when I first saw a few seconds of that show... Apparently I am a quite intelligent person and I enjoy every minute of my life, I live the live I (mostly) want to live and enjoy simple things in life too.

    Ooh yes and IQ does not entirely equal intelligence in a way, like mentioned earlier; the system is flawed. Also IQ/Intelligence does not mean you -have- to live a miserable life; those people bring it down upon themselves.

    (But of course this could be because of the marionettes which used to be people for my festivals and grand theatre plays.....

  15. #15
    wtb one post from an admitted "stupid person" who lives their life to the fullest.



    Just for balance... y'know.


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahrah View Post
    No I understand what he's saying, and he's right. I think.

    I consider myself a fairly intelligent person. But I can never get "distracted" from my every day problems. People say they go relax and play video games or watch movies but I can't. I literally cannot escape those problems(bills, school, etc) even if they aren't pertinent right now. Things I shouldn't have to worry about all the time, I do. And nothing helps.
    Your case isn't because you are "intelligent", though. That's just because of who you are. More intelligence and less fun isn't a graph at all. People can be "intelligent" and know how to enjoy themselves at the same time. There are also stupid people that don't know how to enjoy themselves.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahrah View Post
    No I understand what he's saying, and he's right. I think.

    I consider myself a fairly intelligent person. But I can never get "distracted" from my every day problems. People say they go relax and play video games or watch movies but I can't. I literally cannot escape those problems(bills, school, etc) even if they aren't pertinent right now. Things I shouldn't have to worry about all the time, I do. And nothing helps.
    That sounds like an anxiety disorder.
    Anyway, you think people that go to Yale or Harvard don't go out partying? I say this from the viewpoint of someone who goes to college.

  18. #18
    Field Marshal Gwarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    603
    Posts
    75
    my "IQ" is like 55 lol suck muh bawls jersyshore, you're an outrages embarrassment to Italians.
    To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    Wait wait wait... you are jealous of the Jersey Shore people? Never in my life have I switched channels so quickly, as when I first saw a few seconds of that show... Apparently I am a quite intelligent person and I enjoy every minute of my life, I live the live I (mostly) want to live and enjoy simple things in life too.

    Ooh yes and IQ does not entirely equal intelligence in a way, like mentioned earlier; the system is flawed. Also IQ/Intelligence does not mean you -have- to live a miserable life; those people bring it down upon themselves.

    (But of course this could be because of the marionettes which used to be people for my festivals and grand theatre plays.....
    This, I have an extremely high IQ. I have had an extremely high IQ since I first took the test my Freshman year of High school. As Yellow said, a high IQ means absolutely nothing. I do not doubt that I am intelligent, though I do not need a test to tell me this. Please, do not let yourself be "one of those people" who thinks your IQ means you can not hang out with people who may not be as intelligent. I have always enjoyed myself & I am in the .01%...

  20. #20
    Field Marshal Lightstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hibernia
    Posts
    53
    Ignorance is bliss.
    I'm not too addicted to quit WoW, I've already done it dozens of times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •