Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ideas For Improving First Aid

First Aid has always been a bit of a useless profession so it got me thinking, how could they make it better?

1. New daily's like cooking and fishing that award tokens used to purchase special rewards (more on that later). Daily's can be "heal 5 wounded people with bandages" or deliver these medical supplies to Loch Modan, etc.
    2. Rewards:

New titles such as Nurse, Doctor, Paramedic, Surgeon, etc
    New ambulance mount. It could be a reskinned Engineering chopper for example with a red cross like they have on ambulances or maybe a 2 seater rocket reskinned that way.
    New abilities: resuscitation (pointless since mass res but will be fun and useful for using on people with the mass res CD).
    Improved bandages: These are instant cast and place a HOT on the target as opposed to health potions which are instant cast and instant heal. The fact that bandages have an 8 sec cast make them almost useless.
    New Achievements
    New resistance potions, thinks that remove diseases and curses, etc.
    New Tabards maybe with the red cross design.
    New Vanity Pets

What do people think? Any other cool ideas to improve this dull profession?
    Last edited by Racetrack; 2011-07-30 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason bandages have a channeling time. If they were like HoTs then well... Lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    There is a reason bandages have a channeling time. If they were like HoTs then well... Lol
    Then the fact that they heal for ~4.5k per second for that duration would be quite apparant?

Instead of "lol" how about being more constructive? If it causes problems then they could be unusable in raids and arenas. I'm just thinking of cool ideas and all you have to add is "lol".

I think that this could be a good idea. I like the whole title ideas. I mean the mount, i really couldn't care for. I am not to big on getting mounts. Resurrection would be cool to have just for the situation like you stated. I like the idea of improved bandages to have it as a hot instead of staying in place for 8sec. I mean i wouldn't do the whole resistance points because thats more of an alchemy thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    Instead of "lol" how about being more constructive? If it causes problems then they could be unusable in raids and arenas. I'm just thinking of cool ideas and all you have to add is "lol".
    No thanks, i wan't to keep my bandages in arena. The only thing that could be changed is it cancelling by DoTs.

If they would make it into HoT's they would completely OP them on both PvE and PvP.

Bandages used to be quite handy in pve.

Unfortunately, they don't make fights like that any more.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

No thanks, i wan't to keep my bandages in arena. The only thing that could be changed is it cancelling by DoTs.

If they would make it into HoT's they would completely OP them on both PvE and PvP.
    You misunderstood. They would be a new type of bandage. You can still use the old ones as you please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post

If i didn't have it on H:VT in T11 i wouldn't have been able to stay down all fight D:

So basically, what you want is in addition to what we have now.. a HoT that heals for X per sec for 8sec?

I mean, what kind of use did you have in mind for it then..?
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-07-30 at 08:18 AM.

If i didn't have it on H:VT in T11 i wouldn't have been able to stay down all fight D:

So basically, what you want is in addition to what we have now.. a HoT that heals for X per sec for 8sec?

I mean, what kind of use did you have in mind for it then..?
    I'm mostly just remembering being a non-tank warrior on shazzrah(Bandage ALL the things!) and then loloatheb.

In any case, I'm not the guy asking for more uses for first aid. I've gotten far too spoiled by victory rush in most situations to care >.>
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

a poultice that removes bleed effects (raid boss fights that use bleed effects as a mechanic that blizz don't want removed could be changed to "severe wound" or something, similar to what they did with fear) but shares cooldown with bandages and/or poison antidotes to avoid being overpowered

adrenaline injections to give temporary increase to max mana/rage/energy/etc

a trinket which summons a gnome or goblin nurse depending on faction, who bandages you (separate cooldown to regular bandages but of course uses the usual trinket cooldowns and limitations) and/or a vanity pet of a mini-gnome or goblin in a nurse uniform (similar to the xmas gnome pets)

maxing first aid gives a slight buff to crit (due to your medical anatomy knowledge), healing or block/parry (due to your medical anatomy knowledge ensuring you know exactly the most important parts of your body to prioritise protecting) depending on class/spec

you have my permission to copy my suggestions should you make a post on the official forums :P

Heck, I'd be happy with a level 85 anti-venom. Strong anti-venom stopped working at level 60.

Deleted
    Having bandages that HOT wouldnt be a broblem in raids and arena, they'd just give it a 2 min cooldown or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post

Dreamwalker bandage healing was fun.

first aid is not useless. i always level it for pvp purposes. pve, who cares? that's what healers are for. you're much less likely to have a healer in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making First Aid bandages heal you over time, but break on damage is probably the best idea you could get. You wouldn't have to channel them, and it wouldn't be overpowered because they heal over time will break on damage.

The idea of a new mount, new titles and some tabards sounds nice. I wish they improved First Aid, it just feels so useless now, and compared to the other secondary professions it's nothing in comparison.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaostorch View Post
    pve, who cares? that's what healers are for.
    I'll bet you never click lightwells either, and don't move out of fires unless you're lifegripped. Because hell, you're too busy tunnel-vision'ing to #1 on Recount to know that every DPS character has to prioritise his own survivability.

The current model is a long channel for a moderately small heal, and the amount of times you can actually get away with it without severely gimping yourself is minimal at best. Having an instant-applied HoT bandage - even if it healed for less - would see First Aid being used a helluva lot more in PvE.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I'll bet you never click lightwells either, and don't move out of fires unless you're lifegripped. Because hell, you're too busy tunnel-vision'ing to #1 on Recount to know that every DPS character has to prioritise his own survivability.

The current model is a long channel for a moderately small heal, and the amount of times you can actually get away with it without severely gimping yourself is minimal at best. Having an instant-applied HoT bandage - even if it healed for less - would see First Aid being used a helluva lot more in PvE.

The fact is, unless you are alone out there.. it will always be a bad choice to Bandage.
    Healers are indeed there to cover you. They should and they will. Bandages are there for special cases, not for the regular healing job.

First Aid was abandoned as a serious thing around the time 2.0 landed.

Jesus, just last night I leveled my Shaman's up from 1 to 375 (She's only 54, cant go any higher yet) because of the completionist in me and I realised it was the first time I've touched First Aid since TBC.

I'd love to see more things put into first aid, like bringing back anti-venoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh there is plenty of good uses for it in pvp. But really in pve during a boss fight.. its very VERY rarely a good thing to do.