Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    if you got a card that supports it DX-11

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There is no point in DX11 when all games are console ports, and consoles have only DX9 hardware
    because wow is a console port.

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    because wow is a console port.
    Hurrrrrrrrr.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I run it because I can. Not sure if it actually does anything visually...Everything maxed at 16xAA/AF and still hitting triple-digit FPS.

I have a gtx 460 and Dx11 actually runs worse for me so I stick to Dx9. Running on W7 with a Phenom IIx4@3.7, everything updated so I dunno why but its like a 15 fps hit to me.

Deleted
    There is no point in DX11 when all games are console ports, and consoles have only DX9 hardware
    Precisely the reason i dont upgrade my PC.

I buy all new games i want to play on my 360 now.

Zero reason to play them on PC, except for slightly better graphics.

Consoles hold PC's back way too much these days to bother upgrading and playing on the PC.

Only thing worth playing on PC is MMO's. Rest is best on console.

I tried DirectX11 it was better for a while (the fps was much higher) but after a while I got this graphical bug where textures just constantly overlapped each other.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

10+ Year Old Account
    I play loads of new games that aren't, haven't been or will ever be avaliable on consols, but whatever you say.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    I play loads of new games that aren't, haven't been or will ever be avaliable on consols, but whatever you say.
    The problem with this is, are there any PC exclusives actually worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by corblimey111 View Post
    Crysis, CS:S. Some say even WoW is worth playing ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corblimey111 View Post
    Since I play them...no? I'm sorry, but what answer did you expect? Haha. Of course there are.
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Crysis, CS:S. Some say even WoW is worth playing ^^
    Crysis released in 2007, CS:S was playable in 2004 already and was remake of a game from 2000 anyhow and WoW came out 2005 in Europe. I doubt any of them are relevant to the whole DX9 - DX11 discussion at this point.

As for later games, Witcher 2 comes in mind as the only recent PC exlucive that actually demanded something from hardware. Evethough even that game was fully DX9.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Well wow with dx10 can show u reflections in the water
    The character reflections in the water was just a beta thing AFAIK. Put on DX11 in WoW now and you won't see yourself in any water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit that Crysis 2 is not a PC exclusive game nor does it *require* more than DX9, but the free DX11 Visual Upgrade-patch is well worth it and you won't see such graphics on your PS3 or 360:

Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    I will admit that Crysis 2 is not a PC exclusive game nor does it *require* more than DX9, but the free DX11 Visual Upgrade-patch is well worth it and you won't see such graphics on your PS3 or 360:

Exactly.

So a part from MMO's, which i will admit are far superior on the PC (perhaps because there are virtually zero on the consoles), the rplies i've had are -

1) Crysys - Which is like 6 years old now and isnt a dx11 game
    2) CS:S - Which is like 8 years old and isnt a dx11 game
    3) Crysis 2 - Which is not a PC exclusive

Thats why i dont upgrade my PC

Because it isnt worth it.

Deleted
    How about the fact that you have a keyboard and mouse to work with as opposed to some crippled controller?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    What's your graphic card?
    In my opinion, there's no difference between DX9 or DX11. I've tried both: DX11 gave me just less FPS. Graphic was the same as on DX9, of course "Ultra" details.
    I've got Zotac GeForce GTX470 Amp!.
    If your card supports DX11 then the water renders player and npc reflections in it. Very nice effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    If your card supports DX11 then the water renders player and npc reflections in it. Very nice effect.
    It does not.

Deleted
    10-25 FPS loss is NOT worth DX11, especially in raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvanos View Post
    10-25 FPS loss is NOT worth DX11, especially in raids.
    Start off by getting a card that fully supports DX11.
    DX11, by the way, adds nothing more visually to the game other than some reported "smoother smoke" and other minor improvements.
    The reason people enable DX11 rendering is because it is far less complex than DX9 and handles graphic instructions better, making the game run faster, not slower.