Poll: Arcane Mage or Shadow Priest

Deleted

Arcane Mage or Shadow Priest?

i am planning to start a new character but i don't know which class the only thing i know is that it will either be an Arcane mage or Shadow preist.So i will let you decide for me with this poll! which one do you think is fun and why!

Priests are the best to level with imo... I have leveled 2 of them so far.
    You will be able to heal while leveling and Discipline is fun as well to change sometimes. In higher lvl, Shadow Priest is the top dps class atm, it is not boring at all and you can easily solo things while doing quests.
    Priests are fun to play with! Keeping dots up, fear, mind control, fade, shadow form, mind vision are some of the fun utilities you have as a Priest.
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2011-07-30 at 09:36 AM.

priest is probably the most painful class to level to be honest, no clue what the guy above me is talking about

theyre both pretty competitive in pve and arcane is the top simming dps spec in the game atm, but it really comes down to what kind of playstyle you like better.

spriest is more about the dots obviously and arcane about the burst, they both bring a lot of utility to raid also, so just do some research on your own and find out which you prefer better, cause all you are gonna get is people's personal favorites by asking on here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    priest is probably the most painful class to level to be honest, no clue what the guy above me is talking about

theyre both pretty competitive in pve and arcane is the top simming dps spec in the game atm, but it really comes down to what kind of playstyle you like better.

spriest is more about the dots obviously and arcane about the burst, they both bring a lot of utility to raid also, so just do some research on your own and find out which you prefer better, cause all you are gonna get is people's personal favorites by asking on here
    Idd, spriests are hard to level espicially from 80-85!

There is nothing hard about levelling shadow priests, that is just my opinion however, but I found it smooth enough.

Then again, I have almost levelled all classes to 85 now, and cant claim that any was hard really.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, do you want to easily top meters or do it with more skill?

Also, no class is hard to level anymore. I've done priest, mage, and pally each in 3 days play time.

Leveling shadow was easy as fuck(with no heirlooms, even), dunno what the dudes who said it wasn't have been smoking, but it must be some strong stuff. Shadow is also a blast to play...and of course, you have the option to offspec as heals, if you wanna do some of that. I don't, but the option is there.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me shadow is by far the worst spec to level on the game, if you enjoy going OOM after pretty much EVERY mob and spending more time drinking than killing then shadow is good to level, but I found it fucking horrendous and doing dungeons at low level as shadow was shocking, so my advice would be go holy and farm dungeons till about 58/60 then swap to shadow and quest, but be warned shadow goes OOM insanely fast so stock up on tons of water and have some patience.

My priest is 68 and I just got bored of it big time, I also have a mage who is arcane at 85 and raiding and I'd say go for shadow instead of the mage, atleast priests can also heal if you get bored of shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    I agree that it is my personal opinion that Priests are fun to lvl with but I do not understand why it is the most painful class to level with.... Shadow damage is very high giving you the chance to 2-3 shot most mobs while questing and you can heal yourself if you get in trouble.
    As I said, I have leveled 2 Priests to 85(the one was 80 when cataclysm released and I leveled the other 1-85 in cataclysm) and I totally disagree that it is a pain to level.
    As for the post above me that says you will run out of mana, I disagree once more. I never run out of mana when I was leveling unless I pulled a whole room of mobs... when you are 85, running out of mana is not in the vocabulary for Shadow Priests.
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2011-07-30 at 09:59 AM.