15+ Year Old Account

Balespiders (4) bonus and drain soul

Can anyone with 4 pieces T12 confirm if the (4) bonus procs only from drain soul cast or also per tick?
    Seeing how the first option would greatly devalue the bonus for affliction on same fights (can already see people recasting DS after every tick to proc the set bonus)

Deleted
    Unfortunately it only procs from cast, which I should admit is kinda stupid (I tested it myself about an hour and a half on a target dummy...).

It procs from the initial cast and not the tics?

what the hell..=[
    ░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
    ░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
    ░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
    █▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
    █▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█

ya that seems like a bug to me that blizz needs to get on right away. anyone put in a ticket?

cant you just keep pressing drain soul on gcd on drain phase ? afaik it doesnt clip ticks same way as drain life and mind flay work

That seriously blows. It makes it close to useless on the last 25% for Affliction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    ya that seems like a bug to me that blizz needs to get on right away. anyone put in a ticket?
    it's not a bug, the (4) says it procs on spell cast. And that is exactly what it does..

Eventhoug i mentioned it, i doubt it's viable to recast after every tick. Personal + game latency will probably cause this to be a DPS loss

Casting it and clipping it every gcd would be a huge mana drain, and for fights where you should be drain souling, most of the time there is some massive aoe going on and life tapping would be lethal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defai View Post
    Casting it and clipping it every gcd would be a huge mana drain, and for fights where you should be drain souling, most of the time there is some massive aoe going on and life tapping would be lethal.
    While this is true, the last 25% is pretty mana efficient, so if it looks like your going to end with excess mana there is no reason not to fish for extra procs.

you never do a drainsoul for more than 3 ticks anyways, coz of haunt and shadow embrace...