Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Cyberpower PC Suggestion

Hello,

Well, my Macbook died after 3 years or constant use. I'm looking for a new computer. A guildy and several RL friends of mine suggested Cyberpower. I've read reviews, and most are very positive. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which model to get. My budget is anywhere under 2,000 USD, minus monitor, keyboard, etc.

I am a complete noob at choosing computers, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help, you'll receive a virtual hug from me!

Ty, Khroom.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Hello,

Well, my Macbook died after 3 years or constant use. I'm looking for a new computer. A guildy and several RL friends of mine suggested Cyberpower. I've read reviews, and most are very positive. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which model to get. My budget is anywhere under 2,000 USD, minus monitor, keyboard, etc.

I am a complete noob at choosing computers, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help, you'll receive a virtual hug from me!

Ty, Khroom.
    Well considering you can customize it, it's not really the 'model' you should worry about.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DDJGU

That's what I configured for you, just under budget. No monitor, going to come with freebies in the mouse/keyboard dept. X-fired 6850's, 8gigs of ram, a Creative X-Fi soundcard and a 5.1 speaker system to go with. Standard 2500k(no overclock, you can do that yourself and its super easy), and you'll pretty much rock any game that comes out anytime soon without any trouble. The only thing that setup is lacking is the OS, which you'll need a 64 bit OS Windows 7. You can add that in there and play with the config a bit yourself, but with 2k to spend you have a lot of options. I would definitely look at benchmarks from Passmark and Anandtech to compare hardware to see where best to cut the price down if you want to.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-07-30 at 02:03 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DDJH2
    You're going to need to buy a monitor from NewEgg or something, but otherwise that's a pretty solid build. (Looks pretty sexy too. o.o)
    I'm a little interested as to why the Asus Maximus mATX board is cheaper than an mATX pro, but whatever, you're not running a dual monitor setup.
    That should run BF3/Skyrim great, too, if you're interested in those.

---------- Post added 2011-07-30 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Well considering you can customize it, it's not really the 'model' you should worry about.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DDJGU

That's what I configured for you, just under budget. No monitor, going to come with freebies in the mouse/keyboard dept. X-fired 6850's, 8gigs of ram, a Creative X-Fi soundcard and a 5.1 speaker system to go with. Standard 2500k(no overclock, you can do that yourself and its super easy), and you'll pretty much rock any game that comes out anytime soon without any trouble. The only thing that setup is lacking is the OS, which you'll need a 64 bit OS Windows 7. You can add that in there and play with the config a bit yourself, but with 2k to spend you have a lot of options. I would definitely look at benchmarks from Passmark and Anandtech to compare hardware to see where best to cut the price down if you want to.
    5.1 is awful until you get to insanely high prices. No reason to go with a soundcard. Disgusting case. >.< Liquid cooling probably isn't a priority either; despite being closed loop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    5.1 is awful until you get to insanely high prices. No reason to go with a soundcard. Disgusting case. >.< Liquid cooling probably isn't a priority either; despite being closed loop.
    I would consider 2k a pretty high price in today's market for pc's. But I put mine together for around 700 so maybe that's just me. Also, your lacking some power in that setup, even if I don't trust calculators to be exactly precise, its way under the recommendation. And I picked a case for the sake of picking one, it's really up to him what he wants.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider 2k a pretty high price in today's market for pc's. But I put mine together for around 700 so maybe that's just me. Also, your lacking some power in that setup, even if I don't trust calculators to be exactly precise, its way under the recommendation. And I picked a case for the sake of picking one, it's really up to him what he wants.
    The PSU is more than enough to run a 580... Inb4 tetrisgoat yells at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The PSU is more than enough to run a 580... Inb4 tetrisgoat yells at you.
    My goal is to get tetris to yell at me on a daily basis, so I'm hoping it will work! ^_^

Also, I sort of figured that you would've crossfired that setup with his budget. How did you get that pc up to that price anyways? -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    My goal is to get tetris to yell at me on a daily basis, so I'm hoping it will work! ^_^

Also, I sort of figured that you would've crossfired that setup with his budget. How did you get that pc up to that price anyways? -_-
    Hm. I have a notorious reputation for somehow managing to get a setup that costs almost twice as much as it actually does, with no errors whatsoever. We spotted this in a thread awhile back. Let's see if we can't remedy it somehow. .-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. I have a notorious reputation for somehow managing to get a setup that costs almost twice as much as it actually does, with no errors whatsoever. We spotted this in a thread awhile back. Let's see if we can't remedy it somehow. .-.
    I think it's because you went the 580 route. You can drop 200 going with the 570 and still have a really good card.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DDJHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's because you went the 580 route. You can drop 200 going with the 570 and still have a really good card.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DDJHE
    But... but... the 580. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    But... but... the 580. :<
    Yours is still under budget, he can go with what he wants.

I just got a computer from them a few weeks ago for $1,700 and I built the same computer from dell.com, just to see how much it would be, and it cost over $2,600. Plus it is really powerful. I also got help from some MMO-Champ members on the spec so everything is good. I can PM you the specs if you want

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thank you for your comments.
    Here is the one that I've picked. With it, will I be able to use wireless internet?
    Also, can anyone give me an estimated FPS for WoW on Ultra?
    And is there any chance for this to overheat/ will it have a very loud fan?

• Case: * Apevia X-Plorer 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window and MultiMeter Display [+10] (Red Color with 200mm UV Red LED Fan)
    • Freebies: None
    • Internal USB Extension Module: None
    • Neon Light Upgrade: None
    • Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
    • Noise Reduction Technology: None
    • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    • Freebies: FREE Game - Shogun 2 Coupon: Total War
    • Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
    • Cooling Fan: * Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan (CLP0564) [+20]
    • Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Intel Z68 mATX Mainboard w/ ROG Connect, Lucid Virtu and Intel SRT & 7.1 SupremeFX Audio, GbLAN, HDMI, USB 3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16 & 1 PCIe X4 (All Venom OC Certified) [+94]
    • Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68: None
    • Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [+64] (Corsair XMS Gaming Memory with Heatsink Spreader)
    • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+177] (EVGA Superclocked)
    • Video Card 2: None
    • Video Card 3: None
    • Dedicated PHYSX Card: None
    • Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
    • Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply [+10]
    • Hard Drive: 120 GB Intel 320 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+190] (Single Hard Drive)
    • Data Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+59] (Single Hard Drive)
    • Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
    • External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
    • USB Flash Drive: None
    • Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    • Optical Drive 2: None
    • Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    • 3D Vision Glasses: None
    • LCD Monitor: 22" Widescreen 1920x1080 ViewSonic VG2228WM (Viewable 21.5 inch) LCD (Black Color) w/ Built-in D-Sub & DVI Input [+199]
    • 2nd Monitor: None
    • 3rd Monitor: None
    • Speakers: None
    • Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    • Network Switch: None
    • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Expert Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+70]
    • Mouse: Razer Black Naga Molten 5600 DPI USB Wired Laser Special Edition Gaming Mouse [+65]
    • Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Mouse Pad - Speed [+19]
    • Gaming Gear: None
    • Extra Thermal Display: None
    • Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: None
    • External Wireless Network Card: None
    • Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
    • Bluetooth: None
    • Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
    • Video Camera: None
    • Headset: None
    • Printer: None
    • Cable: None
    • Power Protection: None
    • Surge Protector: None
    • IEEE1394 Card: None
    • Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    • USB Port: None
    • Operating System: None - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY
    • Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
    • Office Suite: None
    • Games: None
    • Ultra Care Option: None
    • Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    • Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

Thanks.

Deleted
    That system would destroy WoW, mine isn't quite as good as that and I run WoW with everything maxed and never fall below the V-Sync 60fps, unless I'm being blind it doesn't look like you've put a wireless network card into it, you'll need one of those to connect to ya wireless network, currently ya gonna have to plug in an ethernet cable

You should be fine heat wise as long as you don't go nuts on the overclocking

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thanks. Anyone have any suggestions on wireless cards? And tbh, I have no idea what over clocking is, or how its done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Okay, thanks. Anyone have any suggestions on wireless cards? And tbh, I have no idea what over clocking is, or how its done.
    If you can't hardwire the pc then that kinda sucks and is always the preferred option.......but for wireless cards you can pick whatever you need, and it depends more on your router and what its rated for. If it broadcasts Wireless-N, get a N-rated wireless card. etc.

Overclocking is essentially making the processor run faster than it's factory settings. The 2500k is a stellar overclocker and is very easy to do. If you really don't want to do it yourself you can throw a little money at Cyberpower and they'll do it for you, but with how easy it is I personally don't think it's worth it to have someone else do it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you only want to play WoW? o.o