What Kind of dps am I suppose to push on dummy? Affliction 365ilv

Just came back from a long break of World of warcraft last week, Grind up my 355 gear up to 365 in 1 week.
    havent raid that much. only done 1 boss in FL and cleared BWD and BOT with pug groups. My dps was fine in raid but i wasnt impress :S
    so i went alot on the dummy yesterday

so my ilv is 365 like a said and i have almost all the top notch enchant, missin my 20stats on chest only (got 15stats atm)

so i went on dummy and start practicing
    I can barely get over 15k dps (without doomguard) after 5min of dpsing
    I was wondering if i am suppose to do more dps with my Ilv
    cause im doing more with Destruction on dummy right now

May be affliction scale more with dots and Dark Intent in raid, IDK but i feel like my destruction spec is better (at least on dummy single target)
    i would like to know what kind of dps u guys pushing after a reasonable time on the dummy, and tell me ur ilv plz tyvm

Deleted
    18k5/10 M Damage/no buff/without Doomguard/372 ilvl (with 4t12)

It's really what spec you're most comfortable with.
    I like Demonology the best, I can't play destro for shit.
    But according to http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/ Afflic is the best spec for locks at the moment, going by what the averages are.

Edit: I can pull about 15-16k on dummies, with cooldowns on an 8min round.
    Last edited by WhenInRome; 2011-07-30 at 02:04 PM.
    My Tumblr. (:
    My warlock.
    My Paladin.
    My Lolking
    Lel I bought my spectral tiger from the horde auction house at 9 in the morning for the sweet sweet price of 1c.

I would say around 15k or so, possibly more. You need to also consider that not many fights are like a training dummy.
    As Affliction at 355 iLvl, I snagged about 10k max.
    Destro about 12k.
    Demo about 15k-17k, and I don't even realize how, because it's not AoE.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

I think affliction is more reliant towards raid buffs than other specs.

But 365 iLvl I would assume at least 18k. With everything over 7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    I would say around 15k or so, possibly more. You need to also consider that not many fights are like a training dummy.
    As Affliction at 355 iLvl, I snagged about 10k max.
    Destro about 12k.
    Demo about 15k-17k, and I don't even realize how, because it's not AoE.
    My dps is almost the same with you, only a little bit bigger like 12-13k as affli, 13-14k as destro and 18-20k as demo without buffs and guardians. (358 ilevel) I really don't know what should I do, they all say affli is the best at the moment but I can't see the numbers I wanted to see in raids/dummies. I don't want to open another thread so, isn't there anything I can do?

I simmed my dps as demo and got the following results at ilvl 357:

Fully raid buffed, flask, pot, food: 24167
    Self buffed (dummy): 18822

and demo brings the most buffs of the three specs, as afflic the only raid buffs you bring are 8% spell damage debuff, 5% crit debuff, and mana (fel intelligence), plus dark intent won't work, so you'll do pretty god awful dps versus a dummy. If someone would sim the difference as aff I would be interested in knowing the difference, I suspect it will be huge, on the order of 40-50%

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not going to get an accurate dummy DPS on affliction. You won't ever get the dummy down to 25% for DS.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    I simmed my dps as demo and got the following results at ilvl 357:

Fully raid buffed, flask, pot, food: 24167
    Self buffed (dummy): 18822

and demo brings the most buffs of the three specs, as afflic the only raid buffs you bring are 8% spell damage debuff, 5% crit debuff, and mana (fel intelligence), plus dark intent won't work, so you'll do pretty god awful dps versus a dummy. If someone would sim the difference as aff I would be interested in knowing the difference, I suspect it will be huge, on the order of 40-50%
    It's not that big of a difference. Raid buffed I'm supposed to do 29k on SimCraft. On a dummy, self-buffed, over 10min, I level at around 20k. (This is with no 35% Death's Embrace, 25% Drain Soul, or Dark Intent.)
    Last edited by rutiene; 2011-07-31 at 05:18 AM.

Try doing Baradin's Hold and see how your DPS is there.

Hey guys , demo has the 10% spell buff that's why it's ahead of affliction on dummies. But for those who pull better numbers with destro than aff, i'm sorry but you're playing your aff spec very wrong, cause even on dummy 100% aff can pull better or atleast the same number as destro.
    I'm ilvl375 and my numbers are : on a 10min fight: without doomguard : aff : ~19K , demo : 24k and destro : 18k5.
    with doomguard : aff : ~20k, demo : 27k and destro : 19k.
    With the 10% spell buff and under 25%, aff pulls ahead of the 2 other if played right , but on a one target fight demo is ahead perfectly played full mastery.

Step away from the Dummy!

plus some fights are just retarded for caster dps.. too much moving etc etc. Don't feel bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    plus some fights are just retarded for caster dps.. too much moving etc etc. Don't feel bad.
    Yeah the target dummys a bitch for running in circles.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

At ilvl 366, using cooldowns (not doomguard) and DI on some random npc guard (just so I get 3% haste) my best dps on dummy is ~20k. This is using best case scenario double dotting on two dummies, keeping shadows embrace on both, shadowflame, etc. Single target is probably around ~17k.

Target dummies only have limited usefulness.

Deleted
    It really depends on what stats you have on your gear. If you have a lot of gear with mastery/haste, Demo will probably do better. If you have gear with haste/crit, affli will be better. Just run a simulationcraft to see what your DPS would be (self buffed) for your spec and gear.

You guys all seem really low on dps vs a target dummy. Over a 5 minute period as Aff I pull 17k and I'm only 363 Ilvl. Check your rotations, your CD and trinket usage, and figure out what you are doing wrong.

Currently i have a 366 equiped ilvl, i pulled about 17.5k on the dummy last night, only used demon soul / 2 minute cooldowns. was over probably 7 or so minutes no potion, no doomguard