Thread: Arcane or Fire

Arcane or Fire

I am leveling up a mage right now but was wondering what would be better to play as for PVP? Counting as fun factor, skill-cap and dps puts out.
    (I am not going frost since majority of mages in PVP are frost. Wanna be something different. So if your going to say "frost is the way" dont bother replying.)

Deleted
    Go fire, much more viable etc. You have a chance against pretty much all classes. As arcane you'll get raped by melee in 1v1, but it can bring some damage if you're free-casting. Although not as viable as fire.

fire is probably second best for pvp for a mage but until you get some of the nifty skills later on in the tree there will be a big gulf between what you can do and what a frost mage can do..just be aware of that.

you will be especially in earlier bgs you will do less damage and have far less control fire gets closer as you gain levels but never really closes the grand canyon of control between the two
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Quote Originally Posted by letsmangle View Post
    I am not going frost since majority of mages in PVP are frost.
    I don't understand the logic behind this.

Deleted
    Some of the highest rated RMPs actually play with firemages as for 4.2, (2800+).
    So if you dont want to go frost, grab a fire pvp spec, arcane is not viable in pvp anymore.