Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much can I expect to pay for Truegold Transmutes?

I am farming mats to get the Masterwork Elementium Spellblade and I need 8 truegold. Like the title says I was wondering about how much I can expect to pay for transmutes?

I give 100-150g for the mats, and sell them for 3-400g. Craft em my self. So anything under 150g and the crafter loses gold, according to my realm. But it seems most people pay 50-100g for fee.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Deleted
    That's highly server dependant. On my server it ranges from 100 - 250g depending on the time of day and who's asking. It was up at 250g+ when the BS weapons originally came out but seems to have settled back to the 100g mark. But if your server has higher demand than supply, expect to pay more. If you've got a ton of alchemists not using theirs, you may be able to get it for 50g.

If they aren't a transmute master, I'd say 50-75g. If they ARE a transmute master, offer 100g plus 100g per additional bonus proc. I'm a transmute master, and thats what I get when I sell my CDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    75g if no xmute and 125g if, I get procs. Or I pay 75g/ and 50g/proc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most on my server are about 85g, my Shaman (xmute) does mine for me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    50g a proc HA you must have some people who are desperate for money. On my server its 100g fee to transmute and if there are procs the alchemist keeps it. And if they really want the procs is 100g initial and 150g per bar proc
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW

I usually go with 50g for transmute, and if proc offer them 200 extra. some of the people think 50g is on the low end but they usually go for it esp the Transmute Master hoping for the 200 extra gold.

On my server it's 250g material cost. i sell it for 400+ often. That's 150g each with no proc. When it procced with 5 the price was 475 so 2300 gold for 250g materials -> 2k profit.

So i dont respond anymore to people in /trade who want to buy transmute as i make a lot more using the ah. and i even keep my own procs and no whining about those. It's also faster. I just smash it on ah and log off to play on my main again. No need to advertise, talk and people putting you on ignore for asking more then 50g ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I were playing on your servers guys, at mine truegold are 1 to 2k per unit :S

Thanks to Shiri for this awesome signature!

I only transmute for my own profit. Transmuting for fee is a waste of time and a loss of money.

I just look at how the prices are of Truegold and volatiles. Life is generally very cheap, i can pick up huge batches of 5g or less per volatile. So with Water or Air sitting at 20g a pop thats 15 per volatile. This makes Living Elements a very profitable means of transmutation. 15 is the average Volatiles you transmute, not counting proc! Thats 225g, and volatiles SELL

If Truegold is in a good place and volatiles are selling low i transmute that. And if both are low i tend to transmute living elements and save the volatiles. Either to transmute to truegold later, or sell them later.

Transmuting is a profitable, and very easy means for me to make some extra money. It takes like 5min to log on to my transmuter, make what i wanna make, sell and log off again. Poof, 200g+ made.
    If i wanted to sell the transmute cooldown id get 100, maybe 150. But i need to wait till i find someone willing to pay that, then need to meet up with that person. And all of this can be very time consuming, where i could spend upto 4x as long for LESS gold.

So my advice, dont transmute for other people. If people are willing to buy it, its profitable in the market to do it for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understand why people sell there truegold cd.. on my realm it costs about 450g to make one and sells for 700g, plus u get a proc chance.
    Unless i was getting 250g and them paying another 250 for the other one(s) its not worth it imo.

Deleted
    As a transmute master im quite happy accepting 50g, i dont usually burn it everyday and sell it if im feeling lazy

Truegold sells for roughly 750g on a bad day to upwards of 950g on a good day on my realm (low pop, and we're on the even lower-pop horde side). I make roughly 3-5 a day and then sell them in bulk way undercut, easily making several thousand gold daily by buying xmutes. Transmute costs only 100-150g tip on my realm, so the profit margin is huge. The mats are expensive as hell though, expect to pay 15-20g PER VOLATILE (EACH!) on my realm, way too high in my opinion.

Transmuting truegold for profit is a fool's errand. It's much more profitable and reliable to transmute volatiles.

1-3k Depending on economy @ Illidan

On Garona, tg transmutes are 100g + 100-150g per proc for xmute master, or 100g for non xmute master.

by the time you farm all that junk 378 weapons will be cheaper. i've seen the 378 dagger as low as 13k... just sell some valor bracers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    As a transmute master im quite happy accepting 50g, i dont usually burn it everyday and sell it if im feeling lazy
    But entering the AH, since your in a major city anyway, and buying a couple of volatiles. Then walking outside to the mailbox, wich is at the door to collect these. And then pressing Craft in your Alchemy-list. Turn around 180degrees and walk into the AH again. Sell the truegold there and collect much, MUCH more then 50g. All this would take you.. well, assuming your already in a city like Stormwind, 40sec? 1 minute at most.

If anything, finding a buyer for the cooldown. Agreeing on a price, meeting up etcetc all this would take a multitude of the time it would take you to just craft it yourself. And the reward is several times smaller.

So, yeah...

Depends on my mood, if I am on my paladin (The alchemist) and not really doing anything and someone asks, I'll generally just do it for free for them, depending on their grammar and spelling and general attitude. I am very fussy about that :P

Got enough money, it takes me no time at all to click a button and if they provide mats - happy days