The New Thundercats

How do you guys feel about it? Was it worth wasting an hour of your life to see? Did it meet your expectations?

I was very skeptical about this at the start because of the style which is kinda Anime. I watched it expecting something like what I saw as a kid, even a very close plot. I was wrong. It seemed just the names where there ( and the nod to the classic series via the original Lion-o voice being that of the old king)
    I thought it was pretty well done, a lil hamfisted on the racial tension aspect tho. Visually I liked the color choices and character design.
    I think this will be the start of American animation moving away form its over simplified and comedic aspects that have been rooting that art style down for so long

P.S. Here is the Trailer.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Search functions are cool. There is already a thread on this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...TV-Thundercats

My first impression:

WHERE THE FUCK IS PANTHRO??

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Search functions are cool. There is already a thread on this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...TV-Thundercats
    Oh i didn't see it when I did, prob because I was looking for " the new thundercats" but you are welcome for the +1 PC
    Either way I am interested in REACTIONS to it, not to tell everyone they can go see it yesterday.

Obao: He is there, kinda I would explain it to you more but there is a whole chunk of the plot that revolves around him in the first ep
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

BTW, I just found this video on the web too. Apparently it's about the movie that's coming up. Anyone know anything about this??

Iv'e heard that's leaked test footage form WB but the fan base REALLY REALLY wants a live action version. That is all I know other then the Toy line for this new cartoon is higher quality then what you would expect which makes me feel like it is all hype for a new movie.

Edit: Now don't forget folks have been derping over the Cgi Movie concept for this property since 09, that is QUITE a while to be working on something like this.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-07-30 at 09:32 PM.

Another thing, did they keep the original Thundercats song?? If yes, epic. If not, very disappointing.

Wasn't bad, a little weird since I am pretty familiar with the original but I'll continue to watch it a bit in the hopes they don't completely screw it up some how. Also very happy snarf doesn't talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Oh i didn't see it when I did, prob because I was looking for " the new thundercats" but you are welcome for the +1 PC
    Either way I am interested in REACTIONS to it, not to tell everyone they can go see it yesterday.

Obao: He is there, kinda I would explain it to you more but there is a whole chunk of the plot that revolves around him in the first ep
    Not trying to be mean or anything, just trying to help you out. It is the very first rule in the guidelines:
    1. One thread per TV show / movie / book / band / etc. There's no need for twelve threads on Twilight.

STFU. Stop being an ass.
    Last edited by obao98; 2011-07-30 at 11:11 PM.

Closing. As others have pointed out, there's a thread currently open about this show.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions