Script to set talents

I think I saw this somewhere on elitist jerks but I can't seem to find it now. There's a line of /script you can run to set all talents (from empty) after an unlearn. Wouldn't mind it as I intend to tank, dps and pvp on my DK (currently not dpsing). I'm aware of addons and i'll probably use one of those if totally needed but just having a text file on my desktop with the relevant talent strings would be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

You can do it from Wowhead, just click the "Use in-game!" button on the right after filling in talents you want and it will give you a script you can copy and paste into the game, it will auto set your talents and you just press Learn.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-07-30 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You can do it from Wowhead, just click the "Use in-game!" button on the right after filling in talents you want and it will give you a script you can copy and paste into the game, it will auto set your talents and you just press Learn.
    There's been a few times where I do that and it doesn't work. Like it'll put half the talent points and leave 11 unspent. Or it will spend say 30 of my points and then tell me I've used them all despite being level 85.

Deleted
    This is an easy process. You can go to Wowheads' Talent Calculator. Chose the class you want talents for. Chose your main spec, and then start filling the talent points in. Once you are happy with your decisions, you can click on the "Use in-game" button, copy the whole script and simply paste it in the in-game chat box (using Ctrl+V).

Always works fine for me, as CynicalAftermath said... Make sure you copy the whole script.

Click 'Use in-Game'
    Ctrl+A -> Ctrl+C
    Go into game and open chat
    Ctrl+V
    Hit Enter

For example, Random Retribution Paladin spec : http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sbhMZMZfbGsdkszfz
    Code:
    /run t,p,a={3,12,23,32,53,62,71,83,92,101,111,121,131,143,161,172,183,201,1,12,33,62,2,22,}SetPreviewPrimaryTalentTree(t[1],GetActiveTalentGroup())for i=1,#t do a=t[i]if a<9 then p=a else AddPreviewTalentPoints(p,floor(a/10),a%10)end end

If all else fails, just make the screen half 'n half and click them in. :P
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-07-30 at 10:09 PM.

That would do it, cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I recommend the Talented addon. You can save many Spec Templates for every class and just hit Apply Template and in one click all your talents are filled out.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator