Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy/Disc T12 4 Piece Proc Rate/ICD

Does anyone know what the internal cooldown/proc rate is for this bonus? I want to decide if it is even worth going for or if i should just take gear with better itemization.

I don't know about proc rates, but our paladin got the Eye of Blazing Power trinket and it made up 6% of his heals. Assuming the proc value is similar, I'd say it'll account for a similar amount in your overall healing.

Sorry I can't help that much

better question is... why would you pass up a free, smart heal?
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, datas please. So far ive passed on conq. Tokens but i sure as hell am next in line to get one this lockout. I really want to know how often this procs. Ill update once I can give more input but in the meantime I'd be very happy if someone else has anything to say about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    better question is... why would you pass up a free, smart heal?
    Because if it has a long ICD like 45s it would make up a small fraction of a percentage of your total healing, that you can't control none the less. Flat stats could be more valuable and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Tbh, datas please. So far ive passed on conq. Tokens but i sure as hell am next in line to get one this lockout. I really want to know how often this procs. Ill update once I can give more input but in the meantime I'd be very happy if someone else has anything to say about this.
    Even if you don't value the four piece (and it's value is pretty low), all five tier pieces are best-in-slot considering the itemization of non-set pieces in Firelands. Unless you're giving it up in favor of DPS 4 pieces, you really should not be passing.

We haven't raided since I hit my 4-pc on Wednesday, but I can post logs after tomorrow's raid if no one else has provided the data you're looking for by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Even if you don't value the four piece (and it's value is pretty low), all five tier pieces are best-in-slot considering the itemization of non-set pieces in Firelands. Unless you're giving it up in favor of DPS 4 pieces, you really should not be passing.

We haven't raided since I hit my 4-pc on Wednesday, but I can post logs after tomorrow's raid if no one else has provided the data you're looking for by then.
    I'm very well aware of the itemization, but we've had a greedy guildmaster paladin who took the conq. tokens that dropped so far. I'm next in line. I know very well that they're BiS and I wouldn't pass on them to some random moron. But I'd be very grateful if you could upload some data on the proc.

Edit: Can this procc from Atonement? It says any helpful spell, atonement heals but it's original purpose (smite) isn't exactly helpfull... is it? I'd assume that it cannot proc from atonement as long as noone can state facts about the opposite.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    50k 'free' healing every 45 seconds isn't bad. It's better than the proc from Blazing Eye of Power at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
    I don't know about proc rates, but our paladin got the Eye of Blazing Power trinket and it made up 6% of his heals. Assuming the proc value is similar, I'd say it'll account for a similar amount in your overall healing.

Sorry I can't help that much
    That's pretty amazing. Either your paladin had incredible luck or his healing outside of the trinket is awful. I got the trinket on my holy paladin alt during our alt run yesterday, and the trinket averaged out to 266 HPS during several boss kills. If that was 6% of his healing, does that mean he does 4-5k HPS?

As for the OP's question, yes. You should go for the 4 piece bonus. "Gear with better itemization" doesn't exist this tier.

I can give you numbers in a few days. I currently need 400 more VP to get my legs, we've been progressing on heroic bosses and I havn't bothered to do random heroic dungeons to get the last piece for my 4 set yet.
    "That's his talent, the dead answer his call."
    "They answer his call. And there are a lot more of the dead than there are of the living."

Wowhead states that the procchance is 5%, there is no mention of an ICD.

That's pretty amazing. Either your paladin had incredible luck or his healing outside of the trinket is awful. I got the trinket on my holy paladin alt during our alt run yesterday, and the trinket averaged out to 266 HPS during several boss kills. If that was 6% of his healing, does that mean he does 4-5k HPS?
    I don't remember the exact fight... I think it was Majordomo? Maybe he just got confused and told us another percentage on recount, since he definitely doesn't pull 4k HPS :P Or maybe he got really lucky. I'll still take the trinket for myself... the intellect alone is awesome.

As for the OP's question, yes. You should go for the 4 piece bonus. "Gear with better itemization" doesn't exist this tier.
    This. Have fun with the 3 spirit pieces in firelands. I have to keep making deals with our mages

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol think if it'd work with echo of light then...

Edit: that is if the procc chance would be 5% without ICD

What better itemised gear are you referring to? I'm going for 5 set as Holy (3/5 atm, will have 4 set in 2 weeks max)

Edit: Eye of Blazing power is fucking terrible. Do not use =p

Eye of Blazing power is fucking terrible. Do not use =p
    Well fuck me, what are my options then? I've heard Jaws has a bad ramp up time for priests as well.

Deleted
    Why would you pass on the 4 piece? As others have said, it's not as if there's alternative gear that has waaay better itemisation. In fact, other than the legs, tier 12 has pretty decent stats on it ie spirit & haste/mastery.

Here's an example:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5834&e=6283

Beth'tilac was obviously going to be the best fight for this because everyone is constantly losing health. As you can see it healed for 433 388. It did roughly 4.2% of my healing done on that fight. Obviously it faired worse on other fights were people spent most of the time topped.

With regards to proc chance and ICD, I haven't done any real tested so I'm afriad I cant help you there.
    Last edited by mmoc230b92349f; 2011-07-31 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velenei View Post
    Because if it has a long ICD like 45s it would make up a small fraction of a percentage of your total healing, that you can't control none the less. Flat stats could be more valuable and reliable.
    There isn't anything with spirit to replace the tier. You will want at LEAST 4 piece just for the amazing stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
    Well fuck me, what are my options then? I've heard Jaws has a bad ramp up time for priests as well.
    Both trinkets aren't very good for priests. I'm going to be sticking with Fall of Mortality/Shard of Woe this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is currently farming cho'gall heroic / sinestra just for the sake of giving trinkets to the healers... we had none of the desired ones drop so far. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a free heal. It's a fun procc. Your tier parts have great customization. Nothing to lose!
    Vol'jin fanboy

From my logs tonight, it appears it is on roughly a 45s cooldown. Over the entire night, it was responsible for just short of 6% of my total healing (6,192,444 of 107,032,333). I raided as both Holy and Discipline tonight so maybe if I get some time and am motivated tomorrow, I'll go through and pull out specific numbers for each.