The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

mmo-champ pages auto-reloading and hidden ads....

I hate it when this happens. I was just randomly flying in complete silence in WoW and it is 5am, and then all of a sudden my speakers BLARED with the sound of advertisements. I took a good 30 seconds to figure out which page it was and it was an mmo-champ page. The ad seemed to be hidden. Also, what is with ads constantly reloading mmo-champ pages? Can we not just have normal ads? >_<

So basically, screw the ads that try to take some control of the site's pages and with auto-sound enabled. Ugh.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    dont we all hate the ads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So basically, screw the ads that try to take some control of the site's pages and with auto-sound enabled. Ugh.
    We agree with this sentiment, that's why there's a sticky intended for reporting various types of bad ads, including ones that play sounds without user input.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen an add on MMO-Champ in forever... thank you, Firefox and Noscript!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    We agree with this sentiment, that's why there's a sticky intended for reporting various types of bad ads, including ones that play sounds without user input.
    Eh making a thread like this was how I told Sunshine about the last one... that more just creeped me out. :P

I honestly couldn't tell you which ad it was, I couldn't find it. I just knew it was on mmo-champ and invisible. I'm no code-informed person. I'm a hardware junkie, software/code confuses me. >_<
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry bud that was me in ur base. it r all belong to me naow. ~.^

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't sound like our ad if it was invisible, and there's nothing we can do about it without some idea of what the ad is.

If you find it, report it in the bad ads sticky and we can take care of it; as is it sounds like noise from another tab or somethng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    It doesn't sound like our ad if it was invisible, and there's nothing we can do about it without some idea of what the ad is.

If you find it, report it in the bad ads sticky and we can take care of it; as is it sounds like noise from another tab or somethng.

All I know is, I started slowly exiting tabs and when I x'd one mmo-champ page it all halted. =S
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adblock for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Ad block add on. havent seen an add in months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post

Hey Sunshine, hopefully you're still getting messages about this thread, or someone will mention this, but I just found where these ads are. They're the video ads at the bottom of the site, for me at times they will randomly decide they want to play. So like I said earlier in the thread, it may be dead silent or I may be doing something else, and that is quite the sudden like, WHOA WTF type of moment. x_X

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Noscript and Adblock Plus should keep most if not all ads at bay. The ones that still get through can manually be blocked with ABP.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, until Curse gets the ads under control on this just just block ads with AdBlocks.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)