Thread: Wow Laptop

Deleted

Wow Laptop

Don't know if this is allowed or anything ^^, but I am looking to buy a new laptop, I play wow, raid a bit and was just wondering if this one is good; http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/dell-i...09572-pdt.html, sorry if this isn't allowed, like linking external sites, I'm not too sure on on the technical stuff of a laptop and pc's :P, would be great help if anyone would let me know as it fits the basics of wow but so does my current one but it is very shocking

Post in Computer forums bro.

That laptop is plenty good for wow/raiding.

I've raided on one with not even 1/8th those specs just fine.

Never a dell.... Never.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Never a dell.... Never.
    Damn fine specs, but i agree with not going with Dell. They have screwed me in the past, never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Damn fine specs, but i agree with not going with Dell. They have screwed me in the past, never again.
    And you often have to add another "0" to the price just for a tag that spells "Dell".
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    And you often have to add another "0" to the price just for a tag that spells "Dell".
    No, that's Apple.
    Dell (like the one I'm currently writing from) aren't all that more expensive than the rest (when looking at identical specs).
    And they truly have the most god awful customer service this side of the Milky Way.
    As Eightace said, never again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get a good processor--wow is so much more processor heavy than it is video card heavy. Get something with an i5 or better imo.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    No, that's Apple.
    Dell (like the one I'm currently writing from) aren't all that more expensive than the rest (when looking at identical specs).
    And they truly have the most god awful customer service this side of the Milky Way.
    As Eightace said, never again!
    Really? I have a Dell laptop and they had great customer service.

Was having overheating problems, submitted an online help request form and 5 days later a technition was at my house replacing the faulty parts. But everyone has their own experience I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatto View Post
    Really? I have a Dell laptop and they had great customer service.

Was having overheating problems, submitted an online help request form and 5 days later a technition was at my house replacing the faulty parts. But everyone has their own experience I guess.
    I'd tell you my story, but it's extremely long. Let's just say I've had about 6 tech visits and 4 lab visits, and still the problems haven't ceased (all the hardware has been replaced).

Although I suppose it also matters where one is in the world. Some countries probably have better Dell service than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Post in Computer forums bro.
    Moved it over.

It is a decent laptop for WoW. It will run it well, though. A higher end video card would do you good. (I will link you one.)

Check out this Asus N53 (Newegg link provided.)

Everything is the same (I'm pretty sure) Except that the Asus one is $10 less and has a 540M compared to the Dell which has a 525M.
    Last edited by Arslay; 2011-07-31 at 03:15 PM.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Don't expect to run wow with everything on ultra, or even high with that setup. But it should run smoothly with medium graphic settings. If WoW is the most resource intensive thing your doing with the computer consider saving yourself some money and get a dual core processor rather than a quad. Iirc wow is only optimized for dual cores. THough I'd poke around a bit i'm not entirely sure about that.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha