Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SWTOR in the Spotlight

I am just curious if MMO-Champion will give SWTOR the spotlight it deserves. After all this is MMO-Champion and not WARCRAFT FANBOIS!!!

I will lose respect for the site if SWTOR does not get their time in the spotlight.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When has another MMO ever had a spotlight on this website?
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by litebeer View Post
    I am just curious if MMO-Champion will give SWTOR the spotlight it deserves. After all this is MMO-Champion and not WARCRAFT FANBOIS!!!

I will lose respect for the site if SWTOR does not get their time in the spotlight.
    I'm not sure what you're asking beyond obvious trolling / flamebaiting. The site will probably remain primarily a Warcraft website for as long as WoW remains the top MMO. Just like it didn't change its focus to cover any of the other MMOs that have come out since WoW's release, I doubt it'll be any different with SWTOR. Anyone with any semblence of logical sense could've come to this conclusion.

So yeah, stop trying to start a flamewar.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted
    We have our own, very awesome thread. Bibi said he will not open sections to any other game apart from WOW unless it really takes off.

people said similar things months ago about Rift, Bibi was right, it would not have been worth the effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    When has another MMO ever had a spotlight on this website?
    Since curse took over and uses the backdrop to advertise.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree that other MMOs haven't been shown because they weren't very popular but SW:TOR does have a lot of potential, money, time and a fanbase behind it.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I have to agree that other MMOs haven't been shown because they weren't very popular but SW:TOR does have a lot of potential, money, time and a fanbase behind it.
    People have been saying the same about most of the previous MMOs, and in most cases, it would be true too. Didn't help them kick off, though. Really, let's just not go there.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Since curse took over and uses the backdrop to advertise.
    Well, I suppose so but ya know what I mean :P
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    And Bibi said he would open a new section if a game really got big. This very same thing was asked when Rift was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    People have been saying the same about most of the previous MMOs, and in most cases, it would be true too. Didn't help them kick off, though. Really, let's just not go there.
    There are many factors to consider with every MMO such as the developers etc
    Me not that kind of Orc!

15+ Year Old Account
    No TOR will not have the spotlight and should never have the spotlight on MMO-C. This is a WoW fan site. Get over it. There are other sites for TOR or even controlled smaller threads for TOR on here. If the game blows up and over takes WoW or proves itself to be an equal competitor, then ya we could see this site covering TOR stuff, but it is far too early to start wondering such things.

What is difference between SWTOR and other MMORPGs like AoC, WAR, Rift etc? Every MMORPG was hyped to the skies and there was no way they can fail... ooops..

We will see what will happen with swtor

Even Boubouille (I may have pronounced it wrong) says that this site is dedicated to World of Warcraft. It is already owned by Curse. The website does not live up to its name, it should be named "wow-champion.com"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    What is difference between SWTOR and other MMORPGs like AoC, WAR, Rift etc? Every MMORPG was hyped to the skies and there was no way they can fail... ooops..

We will see what will happen with swtor
    You are right. But the difference is the Star Wars setup. If you are not interested in Star Wars you probly wont understand that.
    And perhaps that it is really, really sotry driven. the story is with you and does not consist of clicking away the questlog.

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 03:24 PM ----------

@ Topic: We will not get any SWTOR Infos here as Bou seems very addicted to WoW. And thats ok. its his website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Maybe we'll see less than 10 SWTOR threads a day now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Does it even have a forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Swtor doesn't need a spolight. the "information gathered....." thread is like in the top 10 most viewed on this entire website.

Also this may be called MMO-C but it is a WoW website.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    And Bibi said he would open a new section if a game really got big. This very same thing was asked when Rift was released.
    Rift can not compare. I hope he is making Preperations. BioWare releasing a MMO with a Lucas Arts alliance is MMO History in the making.
    I wish you understood the magnitude.

Deleted
    People say mmo-champ Is a misleading title, and yep It is.
    Can the owner be bothered to change It, no, not really.