Getting Into Cycling

So I used to be into Spin Class Cycling in the gym...not wanting the monotony anymore I bought a Trek Hybrid bike and have been hitting the roads. So far, it's the best thing I could've done.

Are there any Cycling fans out there in the MMOChamp community? Any tips for someone starting out on the roads? One of my biggest I guess 'hurdles' right now, is picking the right roads.

Well, checking roads at home via google earth, having a GPS something. I know my dad spends much time finding fun small routes he might havent been on before. He uses his GPS alot, witch he can have on his steer I belive. It also monitors speed and thoes things prolly, and how many meters up hill you driven I think? dunno

google maps is great as mentioned.. The GPS thingy mentioned could be a Garmin Edge 500 (thats what I use).. nice for uploading routes, checking how far you went, pulse, cadence, etc. Trying to find ways to go to different cities/places of interest on a bike could be fun.. really it depends on where you live..