Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Suggestion: Art Thread

Make a forum for artists, damn it! So that people can for example make their OWN signature threads and other things. I think everyone would appreciate such a forum.

Deleted
    Bump.

This is seriously needed. There are SO many people into art on these forums and we have no where else to post stuff but in the General Off-Topic or Fun Stuff.
    It would also be easier to make "signature shops", as the forum would be for art only. The "Request Signatures Here!"-thread is just too cluttered and not personal enough for artists to feel special.

Deleted
    Somehow related... Quite nice sig you got there

But should such a forum only be used to make threads about sigs, avatars and other nice photoshop work, or could it include art like the stuff you see at old museums (like louvre) and that? Art as a word is quite broad tbh.

Deleted
    True, that. And I was thinking any type of visual art. :>

Oh, and ty! ;>

i know there is a fan art stickyed thread

but i would appreciate an art thread
    since i enjoy making art and looking at it and refining my skills and technique

15+ Year Old Account
    Fun Stuff is a good place to post an Art thread. If it becomes popular I'll sticky it.

Not sure home much mileage a whole forum would get. A good place to start would be a thread.

Yeah, there's no point to an entire forum for this. If you want generic art threads, use Fun Stuff. If you want WoW fanart, there's an entire thread dedicated to that in GenWoW. If you want to make sigs, there's a thread for that in GenWoW. There's truly no need or demand to have more than that.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I think this would be good, get rid of the clutter and depending on how many people do create some art it could be has active or more then the sports and fitness forum

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Vixen- View Post
    True, that. And I was thinking any type of visual art. :>

Oh, and ty! ;>
    Just noticed. Make your signature smaller, 100px image + 2 lines of text > 100px limit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Just noticed. Make your signature smaller, 100px image + 2 lines of text > 100px limit.
    Oops... Sorry -Vixen-, seems like i just gave you 5 points of infraction

Deleted
    I strongly disagree with the Moderators. An Art Forum is needed, period. The Fun Stuff forum is too full of bla bla bla.

..I honestly wouldn't mind an art forum. There's so much going on in that Art Thread on General that it could very well warrant it's own section. That's just my two cents...

15+ Year Old Account
    I strongly disagree with the Moderators. An Art Forum is needed, period. The Fun Stuff forum is too full of bla bla bla.
    As I suggested - Get a good thread going and we can gauge interest. My biggest fear would be that it gets filled with derpy MS Paint pictures. I'm sure there are a lot of talented artists out there, but still. Give a thread a shot. If it gets popular I'll sticky it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    As I suggested - Get a good thread going and we can gauge interest. My biggest fear would be that it gets filled with derpy MS Paint pictures. I'm sure there are a lot of talented artists out there, but still. Give a thread a shot. If it gets popular I'll sticky it.
    The request a signature thread has more posts then the whole sport and fitness sub forum combined, ya i think it qualifies for its own sub forum

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    The request a signature thread has more posts then the whole sport and fitness sub forum combined, ya i think it qualifies for its own sub forum
    That's a very good point. /bow

It's certainly something that could happen. Not saying that it cant. I would like to see at least one thread get a lot of attention first. It's not up to me, but the same arguments have been made for Lore forums. Go ahead and create a thread. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    And right now it's organized and clean. If every single person that has ever made a signature for somebody from there had their own threads, it would be a shitload of spam and messy as all hell. Not to mention that all I would see happening in an art forum where people have individual threads is constant bumping of their own for new art over and over again. Seems really silly.

Also, to be completely honest, I see a Lore forum happening before an Art forum. This is maybe the second or third thread, if that, I've seen asking about an Art forum since joining in Novemberish? There's just not any sort of demand for it. The majority of people seem to be completely happy using the threads we currently have for the topics and don't feel like they need their own special place.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-08-03 at 08:22 PM.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    And right now it's organized and clean. If every single person that has ever made a signature for somebody from there had their own threads, it would be a shitload of spam and messy as all hell. Not to mention that all I would see happening in an art forum where people have individual threads is constant bumping of their own for new art over and over again. Seems really silly.

Also, to be completely honest, I see a Lore forum happening before an Art forum. This is maybe the second or third thread, if that, I've seen asking about an Art forum since joining in Novemberish? There's just not any sort of demand for it. The majority of people seem to be completely happy using the threads we currently have for the topics and don't feel like they need their own special place.
    I think you Moderators would do well in looking at other forums, because your opinion is based on assumptions. I used to play Aion for a little bit and their forums, Aion Source, had a section for art only. It was SO nice to go there. People had their own signature threads, there was a thread for fan-art, sculptures and more.

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/9-creative-corner/ Here's a link to their 'Creative Corner'. Seriously, think about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you Moderators would do well in looking at other forums, because your opinion is based on assumptions. I used to play Aion for a little bit and their forums, Aion Source, had a section for art only. It was SO nice to go there. People had their own signature threads, there was a thread for fan-art, sculptures and more.

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/9-creative-corner/ Here's a link to their 'Creative Corner'. Seriously, think about it.
    good for those forums. Remember when I asked twice for you to create 1 good art thread so we could "see how it goes"..

that has yet to happen. so I guess there's your interest for it. You're demanding a forum with little to no support for it.

I'm all for seeing art, fan art, whatever people come up with art.. Please, by all means. Prove that it can sustain a full forum worth of posting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    good for those forums. Remember when I asked twice for you to create 1 good art thread so we could "see how it goes"..

that has yet to happen. so I guess there's your interest for it. You're demanding a forum with little to no support for it.

I'm all for seeing art, fan art, whatever people come up with art.. Please, by all means. Prove that it can sustain a full forum worth of posting.
    What kind of thread are you refering to? Just a random art thread that could become popular? Because if it's what you're asking, then you're not looking hard enough. The Fan Art-thread is super popular with loads of posts, and the Request a Signature is absolutely filled with posts, too.

Also, If you believe posts aren't popular enough, then think about this: I personally don't post much in the art forums. Why? Too crowded. I have to continuesly scroll through the pages and search for the threads. I know I could go my profile and go to my posts, but I shouldn't have to do that. I simply can't be bothered anymore.

I BET there are alot of artists around here that just can't be arsed to post anything because their art will just be overwritten by random stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    An art section would be really nice tbh. Vixen has a point, there are a lot of threads out there to do with art that are very popular, but get overwritten by other stuff.
    I have a few friends that would like to post art but don't because they don't think their stuff will be seen.

My 2 cents.