Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaenror View Post
    Easiest Healing rotation we found for us.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3931/baleroc1.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7028/baleroc2.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3301/baleroc3.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6...ndebaleroc.jpg

If one of your Tank drops very low or some healer has problems because he fucked up his vital spark stacks, the right healer which only healed the torment target could help out healing the tanks cuz he will reach 250 stacks very soon. The best option for the healer on the right would be a druid cuz they have most of the time problem healing up the tanks with their stacks so let em stick to the torment targets and choose the best single target healers to rotate between tanks and torment targets.

And your healers HAVE to watch on their Vital Flame buff they should only get it twice in the rotation (1 Living Ember buff 15 seconds). Because, if they have Vital Flame active Vital Spark won't stack up, so they have to watch their own buffs so Vital Flame runs out before they have to heal the torment target again. If they don't the tanks will die somewhen because they don't heal enough.

Easiest heal rotation imo because only two healers have to switch between tanks and torment targets.

Decimation Blade will be tanked by the Tank which has slightly more HP than 250k. He will be instant healed up with a fast little single target heal. The other Tank should have a lot more HP and tanks the Boss the whole fight, except for decimation blade. Let the decimation Tank pull and if he has slightly over 250k the "main tank" should taunt.

For the Shards, use 2 damage dealer per shard. So 4 in total.

Shard A -> DD 1
    Shard A after 15sec. -> DD2

No Shard

Shard B -> DD 3
    Shard B after 15sec. -> DD4

No Shard

Shard A -> DD 1

and so on..

You might wanna have 1 DD for replacement e.g. hunter if someone fucks up his stacks or dies.
    Also, best DD to get Shard damage: Shadow Priest: Dispersion, Destruction Warlock, etc. etc.

Hope this will help, we downed the boss with this tactic in our first try.
    I know this is not the BEST tactic there are some better ones out there, maybe, but imho i think this one ist the easiest.

Sorry for my bad english hope you got it all
    Just looked at your pictures
    You basically had 2 people per torment and 1 person healing the tank?
    Most other people say the other way around but I will try this and see if it works

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Oh dear. No No AND NO!!!!. You one tank this fight with healers getting stacks.Reason why? INCENDIARY SOUL. You sound like you dont know this encounter, so please dont pitch in. Decimation blade can easily be one tanked if your healers know what to do with vital spark. You should be able to rotate all 6 dps on shards, having up to 9 stacks each. Healers must use direct heals on people getting hurt by shard to get the Vital Flame buff, as this is the only way they will keep up the tank during the later stages of the fight. AND NO!!! NO DEATHS SHOULD BE FROM DECIMATION BLADE. NOT ONE. I solo tank this for my guild weekly, and you can be healed to full with decimation blade, as it INCREASES HIS TIME BETWEEN ATTACKS. There is no reason to have an off tank for this fight. Lastly, 3 PEOPLE PER SHARD. It will make life so much easier. Co-ordinate it so ranged take it first, with melee taking over or something. But have ranged or melee take it first, with the other coming latter, so that if someone messes up you know who can take it next immediately.
    We 2 tank it every week, it's incredibly easier, the decimation tank gets the first 2 stacks of the Blaze of Glory so he can take the 250k minimum dmg from the Decimation Blade, so healers won't have to heal 800k hp for the tank that would be solo tanking everything...

Lastly, 2 dpsers for each shard, 3 are not needed, get around 11-12 stacks each and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    We 2 tank it every week, it's incredibly easier, the decimation tank gets the first 2 stacks of the Blaze of Glory so he can take the 250k minimum dmg from the Decimation Blade, so healers won't have to heal 800k hp for the tank that would be solo tanking everything...

Lastly, 2 dpsers for each shard, 3 are not needed, get around 11-12 stacks each and you're golden.
    You want to get multiples of 3 (3, 6, 9, 12, 15...) or else you're wasting the healers' buffs and doing it wrong.

Just an FYI.

Also, solo tanking works just fine. If healers are getting their buffs - healing 800K hp is stupidly easy...
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

We are indeed using two groups of two people.

group 1: 2 melee
    Group 2: 2 ranged.
    1 backup ranged(hunter) he just stand there and put out the best possible DPS.

We two tank the fight with the decimation tank gets the first 2 stacks of Blaze of Glory.

So after all the reading it just come down to the simple fact that i gotta help coordinate with our healers a bit better.

*FYI* were not a top raiding guild, reason were on Baleroc normal afterall

Thanks for all the information and advises!

I've heard some tanks use the Mirror of Broken Images trinket, if so, should he be using the /use on Decimation Blade or Inferno Blade?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I've heard some tanks use the Mirror of Broken Images trinket, if so, should he be using the /use on Decimation Blade or Inferno Blade?
    inferno blade, decimation cannot be resisted or reduced in any way,

decimation can only be :

absorbed (PW:S,Pally Mastery/AMS)
    Transfered (hand of sacrifice)
    dodge
    parry

Cheat death mechanics work because they 'absorb' any overkill and then heal after the absorb.

Deleted
    - Use 1 Tank (Should gear for Avoidance/Mitigation. Stacking Stamina will make this fight HARDER for the Healers)
    - Use only 2 People per Shard with the first going up to 15-16 Stacks with Cooldowns (Pain Sup, Aura Mastery, Hand of Sacrifice, Self CDs on Druids, Paladins, Warrior, Shadowpriest, Enhancer, etc)
    - Use 2 Healers if they are good, might get a third for backup if you struggle with two healers.
    - Your dps seems overall pretty low. 20k dps shouldn't be a Problem on Baleroc if you don't run around in blues.
    - Your healers should spam fast heals on the first torment target with stacking cooldowns so it can go as high as possible. (You can cheese the Encounter with a Shadow Priest taking the first Crystal alone)

10+ Year Old Account
    we're 1 tanking it (farming) with 1 hpala and 2 resto druids but me and the other druid can't help but think it would be easier to use 2 tanks because we're pretty terrible on Baleroc(druids)
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    we're pretty terrible on Baleroc(druids)
    unfortunately true the lsit of abilities that count for 'aining stacks' is stupidly low for druids or on spells you can't spam every gcd

It's worth noting that if you intend to single-tank it, Druids excel at this. Between their much higher dodge and Savage Defense, they can easily soak/avoid almost every decimation blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat400 View Post
    My guild does it with 3 healers and 5 dps between 19k and 20k. I
    I do not find this believable, with only ~100k raid DPS you'd need 7 minutes to down him.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2011-08-02 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I do not find this believable, with only ~100k raid DPS you'd need 7 minutes to down him.
    if the ot is a feral druid he can easily chuck out 15k dps by shifting to kitty form when not decimation blades + the maintanks 10k dps would give a 125k raid dps ish taking you under the 6 minutes.

also you would be better of solo tank as a paladin so he can ardent defender the first decimation blade and then rotate a priests wings with that to cover every one.

4k dps from the paladin and the fact that the only cooldown he used was Ardent Defender tells me that your paladin tank is under-performing. He has nearly as many cooldowns as a Blood DK - tell him to start using them.

As others have said, have your paladin solo-tank the fight. Make him use one of his many cooldowns at the right times. Make him run either double avoidance trinkets or avoidance + Mirror of Broken Images. His Scales of Life is no good for Baleroc.
    Then tell him...
    Every Inferno Blades: Divine Protection (glyphed) or Mirror of Broken Images or Guardian of Ancient Kings
    First Decimation Blade: Ardent Defender
    Subsequent Decimation Blade: Dodge Trinket or Ardent Defender (when off cooldown) or Lay on Hands
    10 seconds prior to EVERY Blade: Holy Shield

In your 6:24 (try 8) best attempt, your prot pally NEVER used Holy Shield, GOAK, or Divine Protection. If I was one of his healers, I'd be pissed.

Looking ahead, if your prot pally can only do 4k dps on Baleroc you will never kill Alysrazor. (he'll need to be 10k+ amplified by the Imprinted buff)

Oh dear. No No AND NO!!!!. You one tank this fight with healers getting stacks.Reason why? INCENDIARY SOUL. You sound like you dont know this encounter, so please dont pitch in. Decimation blade can easily be one tanked if your healers know what to do with vital spark. You should be able to rotate all 6 dps on shards, having up to 9 stacks each. Healers must use direct heals on people getting hurt by shard to get the Vital Flame buff, as this is the only way they will keep up the tank during the later stages of the fight. AND NO!!! NO DEATHS SHOULD BE FROM DECIMATION BLADE. NOT ONE. I solo tank this for my guild weekly, and you can be healed to full with decimation blade, as it INCREASES HIS TIME BETWEEN ATTACKS. There is no reason to have an off tank for this fight. Lastly, 3 PEOPLE PER SHARD. It will make life so much easier. Co-ordinate it so ranged take it first, with melee taking over or something. But have ranged or melee take it first, with the other coming latter, so that if someone messes up you know who can take it next immediately.
    2 Healing is FAR easier than 1 tanking. We 2 heal this fight every week, we tried 1 tanking for a long time and we ended up just praying for RNG streaks on the Decimation Blade.

Yes it's possible to heal 1 tank through it, but what's easier? Healing 90% of 5,000,000 or healing 90% of 300,000?
    That's why you 2 tank it.

1 Healer on the tank and 1 healer on Shards is fine so long as they rotate by blades.
    2 Tanks with 1 Healer on them for Decimation is fine so long as they share the Decimate.
    That's why you 2 Heal it.

Much, much, much easier than your ridiculous strategy. 3 people per shard? Your healers aren't getting shit all stacks

We killed baleroc last night, and i thought i should share this aswell.
    Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=7739&e=8078

I think 3 people doing 25k dps greaty helps

*yeah mage dmg failed again :P, as RL, im more concerned with encounter progress then personal growth