Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Pandaren Monk Prixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oostende, Belgium
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    My client doesn't seem to want to work. ~.o
    It takes a lot of time to complete a job, give it some time.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Fuzzykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US - Akama
    Posts
    4,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    It takes a lot of time to complete a job, give it some time.
    Throwing it over to my server. /waves hand dismissively

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Throwing it over to my server. /waves hand dismissively
    /bricks server with DDOS

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Co
    Posts
    4,921
    if you're not sure it's working, hover your mouse over the icon in the tray, it should say something like "working 105/250"

    if not, make sure it has access through firewalls, there is also a check box in the configuration to raise the program's priority slightly so that it's not stopped by some programs

    i7-4930K | RIVE | 32GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | Xonar Xense | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  5. #25
    Moderator Uggorthaholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    2,979
    Yo, quick question.

    I'm attempting to run the GPU and CPU client at the same time.

    Is this feasable?

    The GPU client seems to run MUCH smoother on my GTX 460 instead of the CPU on my i3.

    Should I force it's affinity to a specific core (for the CPU version) since they are only designed to use a single thread?

    Just want to bump my performance :-p

    Letting the GPU run for about 10 minutes so far at full usage and my 460 is still calm and cool at 52°, and im running at 800/1600 core/shader (need to work on overclocking this card a bit more, been lazy).

  6. #26
    Pandaren Monk Prixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oostende, Belgium
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Yo, quick question.

    I'm attempting to run the GPU and CPU client at the same time.

    Is this feasable?

    The GPU client seems to run MUCH smoother on my GTX 460 instead of the CPU on my i3.

    Should I force it's affinity to a specific core (for the CPU version) since they are only designed to use a single thread?

    Just want to bump my performance :-p

    Letting the GPU run for about 10 minutes so far at full usage and my 460 is still calm and cool at 52°, and im running at 800/1600 core/shader (need to work on overclocking this card a bit more, been lazy).
    The GTX 460 uses Cuda, which is far more powerfull than an i3.
    Also, in order to get max performance out of your CPU, you need to download the high performance SMP client, and run it with -smp in the shortcut.
    Last edited by Prixie; 2011-08-18 at 08:51 AM.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,643
    You fools don't know what you are up against.

    Ahahahahaha!!!
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Defiantly going to be joining this :-) Although running it on my laptop could be an issue.... might have to wait till I actually have a decent PC.
    You're "defiantly" joining this? Why are you being so "defiant" about it?

  9. #29
    Moderator d3v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Please use Google before asking questions.
    Damn I didn't realise it was forbidden to ask questions on a forum. Googling something like this gets you many results of all different sorts of meanings to the term 'folding', I'm sure you know that so why don't you stop being an arse.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Damn I didn't realise it was forbidden to ask questions on a forum. Googling something like this gets you many results of all different sorts of meanings to the term 'folding', I'm sure you know that so why don't you stop being an arse.
    And the guy asking without looking isn't an arse for not trying? Googling "folding" and you get the answer on the first link. You say it may not be what we're talking about? If you read, you would know it is. If you think about it, you would know it is. We're not going to talk about folding laundry in the computer forum.

    Not trying to learn for yourself, or look on your own or do even a little research is quite disrespectful.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,643
    so... how many systems does everyone have at their disposal? xD

    I have... many. Muahahahaha
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    And the guy asking without looking isn't an arse for not trying? Googling "folding" and you get the answer on the first link. You say it may not be what we're talking about? If you read, you would know it is. If you think about it, you would know it is. We're not going to talk about folding laundry in the computer forum.

    Not trying to learn for yourself, or look on your own or do even a little research is quite disrespectful.
    To be fair, I didn't really know what folding was until recently. Cyano's edit in the OP explains it a bit better so people shouldn't be confused at all at this point; Before there wasn't any description as to what folding was. There's really nothing constructive about being a dick on the forums, especially when we answer multiple questions about the same topic a day here about things like "how to build a computer" which is obviously easier to research than a newer concept such as folding. So lets just lighten up, it's not like he created 10 threads asking about it.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest


  13. #33
    Pit Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    so... how many systems does everyone have at their disposal? xD

    I have... many. Muahahahaha
    I'll do folding on my Atom N450 netbook (Asus OC'd to 1.8GHz) and you'll all be blown-freakin'-away!
    Corsair Obsidian 350D | Intel i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110 | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan | 120GB SSD | 3TB Stripe | 15TB NAS

  14. #34
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    so... how many systems does everyone have at their disposal? xD

    I have... many. Muahahahaha
    But I'm in a different team, whom already are ahead!

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,643
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    But I'm in a different team, whom already are ahead!
    Traitor.


    Currently, I have the following at my disposal:

    @ Work:
    Core i5 2500K stock + GeForce GTS250 (Work tower)
    Core i3 540 stock (Printer's computer, idles very often)
    Core i5 750 + Radeon HD 4870 (Co-workers machine, idles during the night)

    @ Home:
    Core i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz + GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Phenom II X6 1090T
    PlayStation 3

    And I have parts for 3 or 4 crappy Linux boxes at work I can throw together and let fold all day every day with nothing else to do.
    For them I would have an C2D E6300, Pentium 4 Prescott 520, a Pentium 4 Northwood 2.66ghz, and an old AMD Athlon TBird or Duron, not sure which one works.

    I suspect these 4 machines will net about 3 work units every 4 days combined. Lol.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  16. #36
    Pit Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    But I'm in a different team, whom already are ahead!
    sweclockers?
    Corsair Obsidian 350D | Intel i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110 | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan | 120GB SSD | 3TB Stripe | 15TB NAS

  17. #37
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    so... how many systems does everyone have at their disposal? xD

    I have... many. Muahahahaha
    i am really confused, is it some sort of competition? thought it was science related, but you make it sound like a competition.
    Signature pending

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,643
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i am really confused, is it some sort of competition? thought it was science related, but you make it sound like a competition.
    There is a score! A score must be toppled!
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  19. #39
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    There is a score! A score must be toppled!
    hm, i have 4 pcs and 3 laptops to use, but none of them are really amazing apart from my pc :\
    Signature pending

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i am really confused, is it some sort of competition? thought it was science related, but you make it sound like a competition.
    They try to charm competitive people with points and scoreboards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •