Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    High Overlord Misen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    199
    Question what driver are you running?

    I fell asleep woke up and its still going strong. I see some flucuation but nothing like you describe.


    Original Image: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6057/testnfb.jpg

    [User has received an infraction for an oversized image - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-08-24 at 06:11 AM.

  2. #202
    Moderator Uggorthaholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Granbury, TX
    Posts
    3,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    ETA: 3 hours 37 minutes. It works

    -edit- Hmm, looking at the GPU load with MSI Afterburner (CCC won't show the page for some reason) and GPU usage spikes... going from 98% to 20% and everything in between all the time. (6950 at stock speeds)
    I'll OC it to 900/1425 to see what it does then.

    -editsss- More than an hour further. The OC seems to have done nothing to how fast it folds and GPU usage is still spikes
    Also the time per frame for my CPU folder (2600K 4.5GHz, -smp -bigadv flags) went from 30 minutes to 40.

    update: The client crashed at the 95% mark, taking my whole system with it. After a reboot I tried it again, 30 seconds later the same happened. No more GPU folding for me :(
    Sorry to hear that

    I'm on an NVidia card, and Ocing it HAS made a difference in my N's/time processed. Not sure if it's an ATI issue or what

  3. #203
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,638
    The 11.8 preview drivers. I'll
    update to 11.8, maybe it helps.

  4. #204
    Pit Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,429
    Tonight the PC is going out from the bedroom and into the kitchen so that it can fold all night too. Muhaha! Don't have time to actually use the PC this week anyway so why not ;o

    Cool that we get more team members every day! Team ranking 5938 atm and we were like 8000 just yesterday I think.
    Obsidian 350D | Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 | 500GB SSD | LG 34" 21:9 34UM95-P

  5. #205
    Mechagnome Adappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    711
    I finally decided to try Folding out. Gonna run it overnight and see how it turns out in the morning (well... afternoon. I work nights, so afternoon = morning for me ) Hopefully the temperatures don't run too hot (everything is normal so far) and nothing crashes. Estimated PPD as of right now is ~2000 for the CPU (seems kinda low) and ~15000 for the GPU (using the V7 client).
    Last edited by Adappy; 2011-08-24 at 11:28 AM.

  6. #206
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Posts
    3,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Tonight the PC is going out from the bedroom and into the kitchen so that it can fold all night too. Muhaha! Don't have time to actually use the PC this week anyway so why not ;o

    Cool that we get more team members every day! Team ranking 5938 atm and we were like 8000 just yesterday I think.
    Let's bring MMOC into the triple digit ranks!

    I'm actually surprised how high the NCIX.com folding team is, honestly.
    Node 304 | i7 3770 | H77N WIFI | 2x4GiB HyperX 1600 | 2x512GB MX100 | MSI GTX970 4GiB | U2711 | 6GV2 | Naga Hex Wrath | Yamaha RX-V550 | Win8.1 Pro
    15" Retina MBP | i7 4960HQ | 16GiB 1600 | 512GB PCIe SSD | IRIS Pro + GT750M | G700S | OSX 10.10

  7. #207
    Hmm. Having a similar issue as someone who posted a while ago. Have had 20GB of HDD space last night when i started running Folding (the GPU version) and now I look yoday, and I now only have 7GB left. Now it must be down to the Folding because i haven't touched the computer in any way since I set it running. Trouble is I can't find a way to free up the space. I've checked the Temp folder, nothing there. I've checked the AppData folder, and it's only a few MB big. I've checked the folder in Program Files, again only a few MB. If it keeps going and i run out of space completely then I'm gonna be a bit screwed =/ Help!
    Last edited by jonny888; 2011-08-24 at 01:07 PM.

  8. #208
    I have a question. On the beta version 7 client i cant throttle the gpu or cpu down from 100% usage, which is annoying when your trying to fold at night. Is that a bug with the client?

    Also i dont get the credit system,
    my current GPU WU ETA was 1 hour 15 minutes at the start, base credit 1325, Fahcore 15
    Current CPU WU ETA was 1.06 days at the start, base credit 626, FahCore 04
    Does the CPU WU take so much longer because i dont have a i7?

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I have a question. On the beta version 7 client i cant throttle the gpu or cpu down from 100% usage, which is annoying when your trying to fold at night. Is that a bug with the client?

    Also i dont get the credit system,
    my current GPU WU ETA was 1 hour 15 minutes at the start, base credit 1325, Fahcore 15
    Current CPU WU ETA was 1.06 days at the start, base credit 626, FahCore 04
    Does the CPU WU take so much longer because i dont have a i7?
    The CPU work units take longer because the GPU is much more efficient and, quite frankly, has a better architecture for pure FPU math.
    This is normal.

  10. #210
    Pit Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,429
    Ordering a GTS 450 Cyclone (getting it fairly cheap through work) for some round the clock folding in the future

    Lost my mind no doubt.
    Obsidian 350D | Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 | 500GB SSD | LG 34" 21:9 34UM95-P

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Ordering a GTS 450 Cyclone (getting it fairly cheap through work) for some round the clock folding in the future

    Lost my mind no doubt.
    Soon you will start building more computers and have atleast 5 computers dedicated to only folding

  12. #212
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Posts
    3,740
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Soon you will start building more computers and have atleast 5 computers dedicated to only folding
    I fully expect this of myself.

    I'll end up with a 2600K and not use it for gaming, ever.
    Node 304 | i7 3770 | H77N WIFI | 2x4GiB HyperX 1600 | 2x512GB MX100 | MSI GTX970 4GiB | U2711 | 6GV2 | Naga Hex Wrath | Yamaha RX-V550 | Win8.1 Pro
    15" Retina MBP | i7 4960HQ | 16GiB 1600 | 512GB PCIe SSD | IRIS Pro + GT750M | G700S | OSX 10.10

  13. #213
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Spirestone
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by matherl View Post
    google took me to folding laundry...
    Be less lazy and be a little more creative then. Being a dick about serious things like this isn't always funny.

    OT: I support the idea of a folding team, thanks for making it dude

  14. #214
    Pit Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Soon you will start building more computers and have atleast 5 computers dedicated to only folding
    Maybe! At least maybe put the 450 in its own machine instead of cramming it in my current.

    But we'll see if I change my mind about folding when the electric bill comes
    Obsidian 350D | Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 | 500GB SSD | LG 34" 21:9 34UM95-P

  15. #215
    High Overlord Misen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    199
    already 17th! My 6850's love the attention they are getting <3

    IMACOSMONAUT

  16. #216
    Anyone? I just need to know where it's writing data to so I can do a clearout, and it doesn't seem to be in the AppData folder.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    Anyone? I just need to know where it's writing data to so I can do a clearout, and it doesn't seem to be in the AppData folder.
    I dont know, i have it on my ssd even thou it doesnt matter and have only noticed 1gb more being used

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I dont know, i have it on my ssd even thou it doesnt matter and have only noticed 1gb more being used
    Hmm. Well it was fine before. Did 16 or so WU without any issues. Then I suddenly noticed a drop of in free space, so I deleted a few things to put it back up to 20GB, then left it on for a while, came back, and after 4 more WU it's gone back down from 20GB to 7GB, and I can't figure out why

  19. #219
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I fully expect this of myself.

    I'll end up with a 2600K and not use it for gaming, ever.
    So, who's crazy for advicing you to get it from the beginning now then?!

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    Hmm. Well it was fine before. Did 16 or so WU without any issues. Then I suddenly noticed a drop of in free space, so I deleted a few things to put it back up to 20GB, then left it on for a while, came back, and after 4 more WU it's gone back down from 20GB to 7GB, and I can't figure out why
    Try using http://windirstat.info/
    to see whats taking up space in your drive, it may help you find those extra GB's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •