Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    Since my GPU's busted anyway and I'm still waiting for the new one, guess I'll let my CPU work for a good cause.
    Same here Thank god for Intel HD 3000 :P

Deleted
    Right can someone explain this PPD as i have never really understood it i know the past few days i was getting around 40k and today it's rocketed upto 90k.

So what is PPD and why has it doubled?

I am no folding expert tho i have folded in the past but i didnt really take any notice of PPD or any other score back then.

Cheers

Points Per Day. As for why it's skyrocketed I don't know, mine has jumped up significantly as well. Either they're giving more points for the WU's being turned in, or the WU's we're getting are easier to process quickly and are getting done faster (I'm not paying that close attention)

Edit: Looks like that's just the #8046 SMP work unit giving a ton of points/low TPF, looks like it's a beta WU that hasn't been fully balanced yet
    Last edited by Adappy; 2012-06-16 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for clearing that up matey.

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Points Per Day. As for why it's skyrocketed I don't know, mine has jumped up significantly as well. Either they're giving more points for the WU's being turned in, or the WU's we're getting are easier to process quickly and are getting done faster (I'm not paying that close attention)

Edit: Looks like that's just the #8046 SMP work unit giving a ton of points/low TPF, looks like it's a beta WU that hasn't been fully balanced yet
    It's been balanced now. If you're using HFM, you should redownload all the projects -> Tools -> Download all projects from Stanford.

I've been folding for Overclock.net (37726) for a lil' bit, and have joined their team competitions, if anyone would like any information on how to optimize their folding, give me a shout

I fold on 2 computers, one dedicated for the team competition, and one that I run a VM on and game on.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=606120

Cheers, and happy folding!
    Past 'rigs in service (Now the dad's gaming rig):

Current 'rigs:

First I have heard of this, joined tonight. Will soon have 2 PCs and a Laptop, plan on using one PC and the Laptop to do this from now on. Great idea, great cause, and thank you for bringing this to my attention and all the work/time you all have spent on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to do this on my PS3 years ago, but then it broke and ive had a shitty computer since. Building my first computer within a month or 2 so il definately be joining up .

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there still active folders here? I made one of my pc's a full time folder and have jumped 10 spaces in two days. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots near the bottom arent... I guess I could put folding back on.... :-) now that my PC is on 24/7 again :-)

Deleted
    I was folding a while back but having folding running on my main rig takes the piss having to stop/start it all the time between gaming and relaxing...So currently got a dedicated folding rig just missing gfx cards once I get my 2 new 660's ile be slapping my old 460's in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set my server folding now, only on low usage but still, every little helps.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    I just downloaded the latest v7 client and it seems not all of the 600 series gpus are supported yet, my 690s don't show up, does anyone else have a 600 series card working?

I have not been able to get my 680 to start folding Cyan. My 570s worked like a dream. The 680 shows up, but never folds...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you're running a WHQL-certified driver, otherwise it will not work.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running the latest 306 whql driver, the only thing that shows up is SMP

10+ Year Old Account
    My 7970 doesn't get me any more points than my 5770 did. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    I'm running the latest 306 whql driver, the only thing that shows up is SMP
    I know this is a little late, but I got my 680 folding by following these instructions on EVGA's forums: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?h...page=1#1548388

Since the weather has cooled down a bit and my air conditioner isn't struggling to keep up with the heat without a computer crunching numbers all day, I'm turning the folding back on

I'm thinking of starting up, used to fold a while back for Overclock.net, but figure, eh, I like MMO-C better
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm #14 on our leaderboards for our group currently. Lookout, I'm storming into the top 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    I know this is a little late, but I got my 680 folding by following these instructions on EVGA's forums: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?h...page=1#1548388

Since the weather has cooled down a bit and my air conditioner isn't struggling to keep up with the heat without a computer crunching numbers all day, I'm turning the folding back on
    Hey Adappy! I've also been thinking of getting back into the Folding. Shall be a glorious winter!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water