Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Jimi Hendrix, please marry me.
    I accept your proposal :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just redownloaded this to see if 7970s work any better (last time i updated my drivers my 7970s were only working at 50% so i stopped bothering) and seems theres been a pretty big update. Its opened in my webbrowser now with more info on the projects etc, cant tell if my 7970s are working properly yet though.

Edit: Just installed the latest beta drivers and my gpu usage went from 50% to 87ish on both cards.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-02-22 at 12:47 PM.

I haven't been able to get my 7950 to fold. FAH sees it and gives it a WU, but it justs sits at 0%. It slows down my cpu folding as weel. I've tried leaving it for a day or so to see if anything changes, but it never goes past 0%.
    Last edited by Tonyman64; 2013-03-15 at 04:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

just out of curiosity does anyone know what language this was written in? and if there's the source code out there?

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon guys it's the final stretch before summer! For science!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    C'mon guys it's the final stretch before summer! For science!
    Okidoki. I'll fire up the client. For science!

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticed that the sort of new beta 0x17 core for GPUs made it worthwhile to start folding on an AMD GPU as well. With it there is no need to reserve a CPU-core for the AMD GPU folding. PPDD estimate on my HTPC, that has a 7750, went up from about 11'000 to 20'000. I used to have GPU-folding off on it since it estimated a puny 9000 PPD with it on.

Also the Titan seem to like the 0x17 core better, with an increase of estimated ~18000 PPD

Deleted
    Just joined, how am I doing?
    http://i.imgur.com/o01aCFS.jpg

All seems fine

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Also the Titan seem to like the 0x17 core better, with an increase of estimated ~18000 PPD
    Just tried switching up, my titan refuses to fold on it, stuck at 0% =( have i done something terribly wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Spy View Post
    Just tried switching up, my titan refuses to fold on it, stuck at 0% =( have i done something terribly wrong?
    Are you running 314.21 or .22? The release drivers for titan had an OpenCL bug causing it not to fold if I understand it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaash View Post
    Just joined, how am I doing?
    http://i.imgur.com/o01aCFS.jpg

All seems fine
    Seems decent. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Wries; 2013-03-30 at 05:36 PM.

It started after about 20 minutes... halfway through my first wu on core17 and its estimating 22k ppd, down from 35-38k. Im going to bed and am going to let it run overnight... hopefully it picks up

10+ Year Old Account
    where do you get the beta client, or set it to run beta? My 2 7970s and i5 3570k were getting 9-11k ppd .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Spy View Post

It started after about 20 minutes... halfway through my first wu on core17 and its estimating 22k ppd, down from 35-38k. Im going to bed and am going to let it run overnight... hopefully it picks up
    Weird. But yeah might just be a dud work unit. But just in case it'd be interesting to hear the rest of your specs. Platform, CPU and operating system? =)

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    where do you get the beta client, or set it to run beta? My 2 7970s and i5 3570k were getting 9-11k ppd .
    Launch Fahcontrol.exe, click configure. Go to the expert tab and in there, in the left column (extra client options) you add the following

name: client-type
    value: beta

Then if your GPUs start picking up 0x17 units, I'd suggest you force your CPU to start using all four of its cores for folding, as I think it will still by default reserves CPU-cores for AMD GPUs even though it doesn't seem to be needed with x17.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL thanks wries, just went from about 10k ppd to 103k 0.0

I dont particularly care about the actual points (though its a nice way of measuring my old comp to this one), i used to run this on my ps3 years ago without a team or anything, i just didnt want to be running up an electric bill if i knew it wasnt folding much, id rather wait till they programmed it for my cards better. Il leave this running for a while anyway, it seems to be getting through the units pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am gonna try that too, as I only get around 10k PPD with my 2500K and my 7970. I hope it works and if it does... to force the cpu to use all of its cores I do this?... Click configure, slots tab, click cpu, click edit, change number of cpus from -1 to 4? Is this right?

10+ Year Old Account
    im not sure if its right but thats what i did Mojo, increased my ppd for my cpu by about 6k anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    I am gonna try that too, as I only get around 10k PPD with my 2500K and my 7970. I hope it works and if it does... to force the cpu to use all of its cores I do this?... Click configure, slots tab, click cpu, click edit, change number of cpus from -1 to 4? Is this right?
    Yep, exactly

Deleted
    Saw this thread and thought....

Do I want huge electricity bills? No.
    Do I want my CPU and GPU heat exchanger fans at high RPM 24/7? No.
    Do I want to crunch numbers under these circumstances for a big personal financial loss? No.

Next thread...

User was infracted.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-03-30 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    Saw this thread and thought....

Do I want huge electricity bills? No.
    Do I want my CPU and GPU heat exchanger fans at high RPM 24/7? No.
    Do I want to crunch numbers under these circumstances for a big personal financial loss? No.

Next thread...
    setting aside personal gain in order to have others gain from ones hardware is very bad indeed.
    must say why post if only such excessive nonsense things about electricity bills and too much heat?

still running ~24k and dunno why

http://i.imgur.com/d6SGnKG.jpg

3770@4.1
    Asrock z77 extreme3
    16gb patriot memory
    Asus gtx titan
    zotac gtx 660
    win 7 HP