10+ Year Old Account

How do I make money with JC

I feel like the biggest noob for asking this question, but I just maxed out my JC. How do I go about making gold? I have always been so poor in WoW and I leveled JC hoping that I could become one of the rich people.

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 12:26 AM ----------

anyone at all

What is your other profession? The best way to make money with JC obviously is to mine your own ore and then prospect it, and cut any of the gems and sell them on the AH. If you don't have mining, you'll have to buy ore off of the AH or farm Justice/Honor points and buy ore that way and then prospect it. Being a JC and making money requires you to have some sort of way to get ore, and if you don't have money to buy ore off of the AH then you're probably going to have to pick up mining.

Deleted
    This same question has been presented on these forums a fair few times already and otherwise discussed as well. You can find those threads if you use the search function in the top right hand corner of the professions index and use words "jewelcrafting" and "money". Hope it helps

But yea basically the thing is to buy or farm elementium or pyrite ore (I personally buy), prospect it, cut and sell the rare gems and transmute, sell in the AH or craft into jewelry the uncommon gems, and disenchant the jewelry.
    Last edited by mmoc060f1486cb; 2011-08-01 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigreddwarf View Post
    What is your other profession? The best way to make money with JC obviously is to mine your own ore and then prospect it, and cut any of the gems and sell them on the AH. If you don't have mining, you'll have to buy ore off of the AH or farm Justice/Honor points and buy ore that way and then prospect it. Being a JC and making money requires you to have some sort of way to get ore, and if you don't have money to buy ore off of the AH then you're probably going to have to pick up mining.
    I respectfully disagree with the bolded part. It is an effective way to get money, yes. But it's not the best way. The best way is to buy stacks of ore when its cheap on the AH, then prospect them. It's much more effective on a gold per hour basis, if you're patient for deals.

But otherwise, bigred is right. Your goal is to be prospecting as much as possible, then cutting rare gems and putting them in the AH. Also, sell green quality gems in the AH on days where they're needed for the daily. Craft PvP necks/rings with spare Ocean Sapphires and Amberjewels.

Professions help. Alchemists can transmute more Red/Purple/Orange gems. If you have an enchanter, you can make green rings/necks with spare gems then disenchant them. I even toss the gems needed for the new scope to my engineer.

Basically, Prospect ore>Do stuff with gems>Profit.