Disc Priest Raid Healing Analysis (with logs)

I'm back. Tonight my guild got Shannox down on the 5-6th attempt.

Unfortunately the GM was only able to log the first 2 attempts. Both were really good attempts, the 1st we got him down to 10% I believe, the 2nd of the 2 logged attempts we got him to 1m HP.

Looking for any feedback on my char or the healing I'm doing out of these 2 to see if there was anything I could have done better to make it successful instead of a wipe.

World of Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pagbha5o8opf2r2i/

Wow-Heroes:
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Garona/sprites/

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rites/advanced

Looking at the logs, it looks like your big "problem" areas are control of the Dogs and people standing in fire. On both attempts, there was at least one person who died to a dog and the tank took massive amounts of damage from standing in fire, which quickly lead to his death. Mechanics-wise, these are things that your group must account for and learn to overcome. When Shannox throws his spear into the ground (after both dogs are dead), people can NOT stand in the fire. Your tank took some HUGE hits from this.

Your healing seems solid. I'll assume that you are healing the Shannox tank (based simply upon the fact that your Pally's numbers aren't especially high). If raid damage is at all a problem for you guys, you might consider healing the puppy-tank and sticking the Paladin on your Shannox-tank; the damage on the puppy-tank is quite a bit less intense (especially once Shannox gets the "mini-enrages"), so you should be more free to throw out some PoHs to support the raid healer.

The one thing I *did* notice is that your Druid healer does not appear to be doing much. Both you and the Paladin are doing almost exclusively single-target heals, so the Druid should be in charge of raid damage- including keeping people who are fixated by the dogs alive. If the damage on the raid is light, he should be helping with tank healing unless it puts him in serious risk of OOMing... which is HIGHLY unlikely. I'm not sure this is a huge deal on this fight as, like I said in the first paragraph, some people are seriously screwing up the mechanics of the fight and, overcoming THAT problem will probably result in a much cleaner kill for you guys. Just keep an eye on the druid in the future, especially on the more AOE-healing fights (Beth'tilac, especially).
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Both attempts being 9+ mins long, I'd say you shouldn't really need to do any more than you did. Your dps could really pick it up. If your problem was ooming, you could try putting some of the spirit you reforged back onto your gear.

We were in fact having tons of problems with the traps, for probably the next 4 pulls too, the last one of the night everyone got their crap together and we pulled it off.

The last attempt where we actually DID get shannox down on, I actually died about 2mins into the fight, go battle ressed, and had to regain mana all the way up till the 2nd dog went down, so mana isn't really a problem for me.

We did notice the dps problem too, and had a couple change outs that actually helped us a lot in that regard.

Ty for the input on the other healers, I will pass that along to my gm.

Your first pull is definitely a wipe that can be attributed to healing. Both your Mage and Rogue died to Rageface damage over time. Your Mage went 8 seconds without receiving a single heal and your Rogue went 4 seconds and received only a Holy Shock (his life could have been extended briefly by some healing, but this is likely the result of your Mage being dead and no longer managing Face Rage). Having two DPS dead that early in the pull is definitely responsible for your wipe.

[22:06:30.650] Rageface hits Breeches 15619
    [22:06:31.675] Rageface hits Breeches 16201
    [22:06:32.705] Rageface hits Breeches 11205
    [22:06:32.909] Breeches Arcane Blast Rageface 35047
    [22:06:33.682] Rageface hits Breeches 16193
    [22:06:34.078] Breeches Arcane Blast Rageface Miss
    [22:06:34.679] Rageface hits Breeches 15890
    [22:06:35.708] Rageface hits Breeches 12756
    [22:06:36.311] Breeches Arcane Blast Rageface *67918*
    [22:06:36.711] Rageface hits Breeches 12621
    [22:06:37.434] Breeches Arcane Blast Rageface Miss
    [22:06:37.688] Rageface hits Breeches 5205 (A: 7963)
    [22:06:37.920] Breeches Incanter's Absorption Rageface Immune
    [22:06:38.613] Spear of Shannox Magma Flare Breeches 21099 (O: 5687, R: 18997)
    [22:06:38.714] Breeches dies
    Although this death should fall mostly on the shoulders of your Restoration Druid who appears to be assigned to raid healing, you certainly could have assisted in preventing it. Viewing your healing done over the same time period:

[22:06:27.446] Sprites Greater Heal Ferregwyn +0 (O: 29584)
    [22:06:32.909] Sprites Greater Heal Ferregwyn +29147
    [22:06:34.179] Sprites Glyph of Power Word: Shield Ferregwyn +7730
    [22:06:37.612] Sprites Greater Heal Ferregwyn +*27479* (O: 31189)
    [22:06:40.188] Sprites Greater Heal Ferregwyn +0 (O: 29005)
    Three of your casts resulted in overheal and you did something besides healing in between your first and second heal (5.5 seconds without a heal landing). At minimum, you could have thrown a Power Word: Shield on the Mage to prolong his life to a point where your Druid might have woken up and kept him alive.

On a personal level, you could do better with your Rapture timings. In an ideal world, you proc Rapture exactly every 12 seconds, although that is pretty unrealistic. Skimming through your Rapture timings shows that you have several periods of 20-30s without receiving mana back from Rapture.

In terms of your general gearing (I'm assuming you were looking for comments since you linked it), you probably shouldn't have purchased the VP wand so soon. The ranged slot is on a lower budget in terms of item level than pretty much everything else. Furthermore, you've delayed your 4 piece which at least has a minor value.
    Last edited by Gaffer; 2011-08-01 at 07:19 AM.

Wow, some awesome feedback there Gaffer ty.

After getting it, I did feel like the wand was a bad choice... But what it replaced was a huge improvement. Needless to say, I am behind on my 4pc set for sure. I'll get the gloves this week after reset, and I HOPE I can get the legs off of the new BH boss, but that's a gamble for sure.

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 01:04 PM ----------

Bump for any more feedback?