Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    My pc is dual core E6700 , geforce 9800gt and 3 GB ram 677MHz and paid for it 250 euro(together with motherboard , CD, etc) a year agoe and i play on Ultra detals and i have 90 fps in SW and around 35 in 25 men raid boss fight , so i dont think that buying expensive pc for WoW have sens, if you want it only for WoW better buy something cheapper
    Allow me to make an educated guess.

800x600, "Ultra"-Minus shadows, SW at night with noone around?

Quote Originally Posted by Phofia View Post
    So you say that in 25 man raids you have consistent 60+ fps at any given moment of the fight?
    I get 60fps in 25man raids, at all moments of the fight, with 5 year old hardware and a single GTX275. Everything listed in this thread is overkill.

CPU - Q6600
    RAM - 4GB 800Mhz
    Motherboard - P35 chipset
    GPU - GTX 275

Graphics settings are mostly Ultra, some high. The ones I have turned down are things that I don't care about, like weather effects. My view distance is long, but not completely maxed. Spell and ground effects are maxed, shading is one peg down. 1600x1200. Oh, and sampling (whatever it's called) is only about halfway.

Latency is usually less than 200.
    Last edited by Kuldrad; 2011-08-01 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldrad View Post
    I get 60fps in 25man raids, at all moments of the fight, with 5 year old hardware and a single GTX275. Everything listed in this thread is overkill.
    Oh, you make me giggle.

My pc is dual core E6700 , geforce 9800gt and 3 GB ram 677MHz and paid for it 250 euro(together with motherboard , CD, etc) a year agoe and i play on Ultra detals and i have 90 fps in SW and around 35 in 25 men raid boss fight , so i dont think that buying expensive pc for WoW have sens, if you want it only for WoW better buy something cheapper

90 fps in sw... uhuh... private server or at night, no one around, and looking at the sky?

no way you got 90 fps with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

i can make you screanschoot if you want but i have thous FPS on my PC on Ultra deatlas

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i can make you screanschoot if you want but i have thous FPS on my PC on Ultra deatlas
    I would love to see it.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Don't even try to bullshit this place.

Deleted
    Seems I'm doing it wrong then getting 45-70 fps on an overclocked 580 and i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz on ultra in org

Deleted
    LOL AT THIS THREAD.

core2duo 2.93ghz - £90
    radeon 5770 - £80
    almost any 775 socket MOBO with 4 gig ram capacity at 1333mhz £35-40
    500 watt power supply - £40
    case - £20-50 (depends what you want)
    1TB harddrive - £40
    4gig DDR3 ram @1333mhz - £30

AROUND £330 bro. I have used this set up for 3 customers who all play WoW on ultra / good shadows.

Overclockers.co.uk

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    LOL AT THIS THREAD.

core2duo 2.93ghz - £90
    radeon 5770 - £80
    1TB harddrive - £40

AROUND £330 bro. I have used this set up for 3 customers who all play WoW on ultra / good shadows.

Overclockers.co.uk
    yeah at 800*600......... thats sooooo awesome dude
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    yeah at 800*600......... thats sooooo awesome dude
    that for sure lol^^ Also in 5 mans at 30 fps because mah eyes can't see any higher dur.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

If you want good frame rates in 25man raids, you really need to ditch the AMD cpu. I'm not ragging on AMD here because I use a AMD 955 overclocked to 3.8Ghz. But honestly the current series of AMD's just can't keep up with what 25man raiding really needs on ultra settings. I have a AMD 955 3.8Ghz, GTX 465 clocked to 750Mhz core. And on ultra settings I'm seeing roughly 20-30 fps during heavy fights. Sometimes less thanks to my plugins which I'll fix later.

If you're set on AMD, wait until the next series comes out. It should be up there with Intel. If you can't wait... get Intel.

Overclockers.co.uk
    I'm sure those three customers are happy. /giggle

Deleted
    LOL AT THIS THREAD.

core2duo 2.93ghz - £90
    radeon 5770 - £80
    1TB harddrive - £40

Overclockers.co.uk
    Did you sell em to 65 year olds, along with a stoneage CRT screen? I'm pretty sure they won't notice the frame drops while questing and killing boars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    that for sure lol^^ Also in 5 mans at 30 fps because mah eyes can't see any higher dur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm sure those three customers are happy. /giggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Did you sell em to 65 year olds, along with a stoneage CRT screen? I'm pretty sure they won't notice the frame drops while questing and killing boars.
    Oh, would you look at this.

W
    EI scored 5.9 because it's not an SSD 1TB harddrive obviously. Everything else scores 6.8 and over.

...Mildly important: The FPS you show is with the boss dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    ...Mildly important: The FPS you show is with the boss dead.
    Could you show me some proof these overpriced pc's are worthy of getting for someone who only wants to play on High?

I'm showing Ultra with good shadows as I said with over the 60 FPS threshold in a 25 man raid environment.

Mod Warning: No need to be so offensive. Fixed your sentence.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-01 at 09:50 PM.

--SNIP--
    While I'm sorry that we're being nitpicky and all, any sort of screenshot that doesn't actually display any kind of stressing situation are very meaningless.

Deleted
    Oh, would you look at this.

WEI scored 5.9 because it's not an SSD 1TB harddrive obviously. Everything else scores 6.8 and over.
    To see what? Fight over, ppl already left raid, resolution 1440*900 and you claim having 74 fps during 25 man raids? I was talking about a resolution closer to year 2011 like 1080p and fps during heavy aoe situation in all Firelands raid fights with all those healer spells on the ground and adds around. Try that an come back with the result.

I asked twice about fps in 25 raids because I wanted to be sure my new build, wich is not that spectacular (i2400 and gtx460 1Gb) is performing as it should. I was a bit dissapointed geting 25-40 fps on real 1080p ultra, but it looks like its all this computer can do and since I dont have freezes and spikes, this fps still going smooth enough for my old eyes. What some ppl are stating here is science fiction.
    Last edited by mmoc8b3732cdc5; 2011-08-01 at 09:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's perfectly reasonable that Virtuous gets acceptable FPS in raids with that setup. He never made any claims about 60FPS so I don't know why you guys are hounding him. He's playing with 1x multisampling, good shadows, etc., etc. and most importantly, 1440x900 resolution. that is ~66% of the pixels that a 1920x1080 screen has, meaning the computer has to work ~33% less.

Perfectly feasible and easily playable.

kubuntu on the other hand, probably lying.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right