Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
61
... LastLast
  1. #1001
    Quote Originally Posted by Vevex View Post
    The amount of QQ regarding this really is epic. Most of the QQ is from people who clearly never played Diablo 2, sweet irony.
    And your point is? Now having played Diablo 2 makes you cool or gives you more rights?
    The thing is, this crap is making people who haven't played Diablo 2 lose interest in getting to even try this new D3, like happened to me.
    Because it just sounds horribly cheap and saddens me.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

  2. #1002
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Great, now al lthe rich "casuals" will buy their way through the game...
    ...and that affects your gameplay in the slightest because...?

  3. #1003
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveros View Post
    prevent asian gold farming? no this completely supports it
    it will prevent the asia farming and supports the "all-world-is-earning"

    And Botters will be happy. I think, that system will support Bot-Development alot. And even the "normal" Player will think about using one. Easy money. Atm you have to work with ebay and such crap which is too much work for most.
    With ingame shop, hell, even I would get a bot and i hate them.

  4. #1004
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveros View Post
    It isint over reacting, all the good gear will be put up for currency and not gold. The ah system would have been fine with gold alone, and D3 is NOT F2P, you gotta buy it first,
    lmao

    So you think "free to play" means "free to buy" as well?

  5. #1005
    The Patient sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    248
    People might sit here and talk shit and complain, but in the end, 90% of the people who complain will still buy the game and play the shit out of it for atleast 2-3 months, maybe even buy stuff from the $-AH.

    As Blizz and many others already pointed out, when items function the way they do in the Diablo universe where you can just give stuff away when ure done using it, these item shops will be all over the place with or without Blizzard's help.

    Awesome idea, a nerd like me will approve of this, making some real money by just geeking around all day, farming random crap.
    -Sig by tazsar aka. Gormlaith.

  6. #1006
    Quote Originally Posted by krelios View Post
    ...and that affects your gameplay in the slightest because...?
    Because all Blizzard games are digital versions of keeping up with the Jones'. When they get access to another means to improve their character, you have to do it to, or you will fall behind (or you will have to work that much harder in game to not fall behind). Cause if you do fall behind, you will not be allowed access to certain things. Consider gear score's importance in wow for pug raiding or even heroics lol =-p

  7. #1007
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Chinese workers, 14 hours per day. Missing variables found, equation solved.
    You actually missed all the variables:
    1. Rent
    2. Electricity bills
    3. Food for workers
    4. Game copies: 1 per worker
    5. Computers: 1 per worker
    6. Internet bills
    7. Supervisors' checks
    8. CEO's huge check
    9. Huge check to finance guy to evade taxes or Small check to finance guy + taxes
    10. Huge competition

    Solve that in D3 RM AH. With listing fee, sale tax, cash-out fee and low prices due to high supply.

  8. #1008
    it doesn't remain does it when the vast majority of players can be running around with the items in 2 seconds flat that I earned to get, this breaks that feel of the game, YES it was there before anyways by people selling it in 3rd party sites, but that stayed out of my way, now its right there. it makes you aware and it is kind of a kick in the face. they are business and they are i guess entitled to do what they want and have the right to earn money, but I can't help feel that everything is now going to the casual gamers favor and some quick quid in your pocket.

  9. #1009
    Can I use the money to pay for my wow account?

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    And your point is? Now having played Diablo 2 makes you cool or gives you more rights?
    The thing is, this crap is making people who haven't played Diablo 2 lose interest in getting to even try this new D3, like happened to me.
    Because it just sounds horribly cheap and saddens me.
    If you never played Diablo 2 you could not begin to understand how HORRIBLE the economy was in the Game. Seriously, EVERYONE purchased items. At least everyone who was "competitive". No one cares if you do not join us in Diablo 3 - to be completely honest I welcome less of the WoW community to NOT purchase Diablo 3. The game will do perfectly fine without you...

  11. #1011
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    And your point is? Now having played Diablo 2 makes you cool or gives you more rights?
    The thing is, this crap is making people who haven't played Diablo 2 lose interest in getting to even try this new D3, like happened to me.
    Because it just sounds horribly cheap and saddens me.
    It doesn't make anyone "Cool" I think it just gives them both sides of the story per say. You can compare how D2 was with the gameplay in WoW and see how different the two games are!

  12. #1012
    Not gonna support this so i wont be buying the game.

  13. #1013
    I much prefer knowing that it's illegal so I'm not even tempted to do it. The fact it's now legal and supported is what drives me nuts.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

  14. #1014
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticLemon View Post
    it doesn't remain does it when the vast majority of players can be running around with the items in 2 seconds flat that I earned to get, this breaks that feel of the game, YES it was there before anyways by people selling it in 3rd party sites, but that stayed out of my way, now its right there. it makes you aware and it is kind of a kick in the face. they are business and they are i guess entitled to do what they want and have the right to earn money, but I can't help feel that everything is now going to the casual gamers favor and some quick quid in your pocket.
    "Oh as long as I can't see it it's not a problem"

    Ugh

  15. #1015
    Field Marshal Eileana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Stop your ridiculous QQ please. If you don't want to pay RL money for an item, play the game normaly and ignore it.

    Blizzard is a company bet on making money. They are making ways of making more money. The game fun remains, enjoy it and stop QQ.
    Yeah, never pay RL money, and neither you can play successively.

  16. #1016
    The Patient Katana Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    209
    I was trying to go through the thread to find answers to some of my questions, but after reading, cautiously, through the first 25 pages... I think I'm just gonna have to ask and try to find someone neutral on the situation to answer. now note, the most I've ever played the Diablo franchise is some 1, and some 2, solo on my computer because my friend gave me a cracked version of D2 - so at best I could only play it alone.

    1) When playing solo, are they setting it up so you will still be playing "on" a battle.net dedicated server?
    2) Has there been any indication for D3 that you -have- to group up (either with friends or strangers) to play this?
    3) in the older Diablos, could you trade (or sell) items you got in 'solo play' also, or were the items only... sellable when items dropped in a group or something?

    Newbish questions? Yes. I'm not entirely sure how to handle this announcement, but since I am not incredibly familiar with Diablo's playstyle I'm reserving judgement. If I still have the ability to boot it up, go through some random dunegons voodooing my way through it solo, then I really do not care. ...-and- if I can chuck a few things on the AH and make maybe 3, 4 extra bucks a month, that's a free month of wow in 3 months or so. I'm fine with that.

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    I much prefer knowing that it's illegal so I'm not even tempted to do it. The fact it's now legal and supported is what drives me nuts.
    It was never illegal in D2 to buy items from 3rd parties.

  18. #1018
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    And your point is? Now having played Diablo 2 makes you cool or gives you more rights?
    No, but it means he can at least claim he knows what he's talking about, unlike so many others in this thread who are speaking like an authority about a game they haven't even experienced.

  19. #1019
    Quote Originally Posted by Vevex View Post
    If you never played Diablo 2 you could not begin to understand how HORRIBLE the economy was in the Game. Seriously, EVERYONE purchased items. At least everyone who was "competitive". No one cares if you do not join us in Diablo 3 - to be completely honest I welcome less of the WoW community to NOT purchase Diablo 3. The game will do perfectly fine without you...
    Well on the other side I'm also happy, too, not to join a community that approves of this shit.
    And on a side note, I'm not part of the WoW community, but just this forum.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

  20. #1020
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    "Oh as long as I can't see it it's not a problem"

    Ugh
    I never said it wasn't a problem in my post, I said it stay out of my way, there is a differnce between for expample someone selling drugs in your street down the road then someone selling drugs on your door step. is what I'm saying.
    Kthanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •