Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With so much discussion on real cash, I am not sure this is even a real game any more, from the way people are talking it seems to be more of a business management program.

Honestly Am Glad that I will be able to make a decent profit(perhaps even a living depending on how it will work) from the hours I spent in game. Buds and I are going to be splitting profits as we level up via paypal. (If blizz doesnt take a cut to the money)

I see this from 2 perspectives, I can profit off of this and also have fun in the game, but at the same time I believe that it is EXTREMELY hypocritical of Blizzard to implement this. After all the years they spent combating the purchase of items / gold / characters with money in real life, they decide that they would rather profit off of it? Honestly, even with the benefit of being able to make some money off of this, I now know that the deduction fee will go to an evil, twisted company who is just in it for the money.

I'm rather sad that I have to say this, but after 7 years with Blizzard, I refuse to play any more of your games until you straighten yourselves out.

yea i also hate those evil companies trying to make money. hate em.on a serious note i think this is the first step for the next generation of gaming. Blizzard are really ahead of their time doing things like this and now it wont be long before others will follow.Playing the AH in wow is fun, but thats all it is. Playing the AH in D3 is gonna be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin View Post
    After all the years they spent combating the purchase of items / gold / characters with money in real life, they decide that they would rather profit off of it?
    If you have played D2 at any point you will understand why they are doing this. If they don't, some third person site will. That's just how it is, and Blizz wouldn't be able to stop it no matter how hard they tried. I understand that a lot of people here have only played WoW and not D2, but the amount of shady activity that has gone on in WoW is nothing, NOTHING, compared to what went on in D2.

All the complainers don't seem to notice that you are buying items from another player. Based on the comments I'm reading people must think there will be a best-in-slot market for all characters being sold by Blizzard. Who cares if some guy who you'll never play with bought his chest pieces for $2 versus 2,000 gold. The fact that someone else can have fun in their own way would cause you to not have fun is absurd.

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 05:43 AM ----------

They think D3 will be a "MMO". In D2, although you could interact with many chat rooms, there was an 8 character max. SO MASSIVE. That guy who is helping me kill a boss bought that axe T.T

Have Blizzard have lost what little was left of their damn minds? As much as I loved Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 I will not be purchasing this one.

So they finally stopped trying to hide their business model and have gone for blatant greed.

Why, it's a good thing! You can play SOLO content as you normally would for some lets say 2-3 hours and maybe get lucky and earn few $ on top of that.Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    If you have played D2 at any point you will understand why they are doing this. If they don't, some third person site will. That's just how it is, and Blizz wouldn't be able to stop it no matter how hard they tried. I understand that a lot of people here have only played WoW and not D2, but the amount of shady activity that has gone on in WoW is nothing, NOTHING, compared to what went on in D2.
    I understand that, but nothing can compare to allowing it in-game. Even if 99.9% of people used third person sites in D2, it would still not be the 100% that would be available because Blizzard implemented it into the game with no penalty, and even encourages it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    Why, it's a good thing! You can play SOLO content as you normally would for some lets say 2-3 hours and maybe get lucky and earn few $ on top of that.Awesome!
    it stops being a good thing when you realize its a multiplayer game. People are buying advantages over others with their wallet, so you're making a profit off of handing a disadvantage to someone else. The cycle is poor

I'm honestly shocked how many people I see in these threads thinking this will result in substantial income for them. I wouldn't be surprised if most items worth listing sell for < $1 and the really rare stuff topping out at $10-20. After all, there are going to be TONS of other people playing this game and tons expecting to make bank selling on the AH.

It's probably best to not see this as a source of actual income, but rather a nice bonus of a few bucks every now and then. Like the infrequent really rare item drops or you and a buddy decide to level a character for fun -- which when you've finished, you can then sell for a few bucks. But as for earning potential, I doubt it will beat dumpster diving for cans to recycle.

Hey. I've never played Diablo at all, but i have some questions. Is there anything like dungeons in them, where you run with others? Or more specifically, will you ever have to share/roll for loot that drops?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovya View Post
    Its sad to me how many gamers look at this and say they are not buying the game just because of this. D3 was never meant to be an E-Sport, blizz has stated that over and over and over! You are not required to use this system or ever spend real cash on items. If this will really make you skip D3 then the community will be better off without you.
    You fail to see hwo this will affect those who don't use this system. Everyone will be selling anything they can for cash no matter if they are buying the stuff from them or not. Now for the few who actually do sell for in game currency will have the advantage of havng an item with huge demand they can pretty much charge double the in game currency for said item which really sucks for the non RMT people.

Quote Originally Posted by MackMaynee View Post
    Diablo isn't a $15 a month game. Quit WoW, Play Diablo and spend your 15 bucks a week on loot is their perspective. Who cares.
    why spend money? if you get an awesome item for another class you can post it for either gold or money, and heres the kicker you can even sell gold.
    making it smarter to sell gold via the money AH and items via the gold AH.

Anyone that has ever played D2 seriously (game context) know that this is a good idea Way to go Blizzard !

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Anyone that has ever played D2 seriously (game context) know that this is a good idea Way to go Blizzard !
    Maybe just maybe it is is possible that someone who has played D2 seriously (game context --- whatever that means), may believe that this isn't a good idea. Screw you Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Anyone who has ever played some shitty F2P game where you can buy important items with real money knows that this is not going to end well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Element of free trading from D2. Keep or change?
    Sell items for real money inside or outside the game? Still sold
    Ruthless farming. In your room?

Worker in farming sweatshop: Oh wow I can sell stuff on my own now! I dont need to work in this damned place anymore! Fuck my boss!

Deleted
    LFG PVP Game : No RL Gear ty