Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ...
45
85
93
94
95
  1. #1881
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygne View Post
    First off, you're going to get paired with people that have equal gear as you in PvP. So if you still get your poop kicked in after that then you basically got out-skilled, since being out-geared isn't a factor.People will complain just to complain without even knowing the facts.
    One thing is clear. Buy blizzard stock. Made some calculations: 5 million players that put an average of ONE item on sale per day on average. 10 cents per item posted. That's 1 million dollar every 2 days. Double that fee for sold auctions.That's in the neighbourhood of 350 million dollars per year net revenue. And one item posted per day per user is not even huge.If Diablo ever reaches WoW numbers, that would even be around 700 million. That' s half of the Blizzard revenue of 2010 (almost). Not bad for FREE to play game.

  2. #1882
    Quitting my job and playing Diablo 3 full time. I figure I could make a hell of a living selling in game items legally!

  3. #1883
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    2,131
    Wow... This is fucked up, although on the other hand, Diablo is gonna be F2P, and D2 already had people selling their crap on the Internet for money. I do have a doubt though, couldn't you somehow make some cash by selling an awesome item? Because I'm pretty sure things will cost a lot more than what Blizzard posted there. I did quit WoW a while ago anyways, so it's not like I care that much about what they'll do, and if I can make some cash farming this, I'll probably give it a try.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-07 at 09:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cygne View Post
    First off, you're going to get paired with people that have equal gear as you in PvP. So if you still get your poop kicked in after that then you basically got out-skilled, since being out-geared isn't a factor.

    People will complain just to complain without even knowing the facts.
    Also this, the new decision will kinda screw over the in-game economy a bit, but atleast now I might be able to make a real profit by farming.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

    Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

  4. #1884
    Afraid I'm going to have to agree that this only spells disaster.Ninjaing Im sorry to say is the only epic thing you're ever going to see ingame.

  5. #1885
    Well, from now on your Blizzard account will be top priority for hackers, scammers and all other bad people. It is real money we talking about. Second, I think there will be even some real protests against this system, BECAUSE some kinds with no life will spend lots of time in game, BECAUSE they will be able to get real money. Blizzard will lose some interested people for sure. Not yet decided if I buy this game. I was sure I will earlier, but after this news I am not sure. Game should be game, not some thing to earn money. And off course, rich people will be better geared then poor. I won't buy items for real money for sure, even if I buy game. It will be social unfair. Of course it is said, that you can sell some item for game gold. Find such idiot who will miss opportunity to sell rare item for real money ? There will be no rare items available for game gold. Unless by mistake. I didn't expected such stupidity from such a respected company. That is poor decision.

  6. #1886
    Activision.....darn money grubbers have forever changed blizzard. Can you imagine what their iil "cut" is gonna be on all those millions of transactions daily? Tax free in many regions, such as the US, I might add.

    In a way it seems like a good idea, but in another way it just seems like it will empower the farmers....
    They might not be able to get as much as they would on the "black market", but now they have a much larger customer base.
    Of course, Activision now gets to essentially tax the farmers...and that appears to be the only thing they care about.
    Last edited by morbidjbyrd; 2011-09-01 at 04:54 PM.

  7. #1887
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzy View Post
    Afraid I'm going to have to agree that this only spells disaster.Ninjaing Im sorry to say is the only epic thing you're ever going to see ingame.
    I guess you haven't figured out that Diablo 3 is a single player game, then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Radvila View Post
    Well, from now on your Blizzard account will be top priority for hackers, scammers and all other bad people. It is real money we talking about.
    They already are, arn't they? I would imagine World of Warcraft gold would be one of the more stable and attractive targets for these hackers. Also, people stupid enough to get hacked will be their top priority, as they always have been.

    Second, I think there will be even some real protests against this system, BECAUSE some kinds with no life will spend lots of time in game, BECAUSE they will be able to get real money.
    ..so?

    Putting in effort to a game will no longer be a complete waste of time. Oh no.

    Blizzard will lose some interested people for sure. Not yet decided if I buy this game. I was sure I will earlier, but after this news I am not sure.
    Well, that's one customer who has gone from yes to maybe. I hope they can survive this massive downturn.

    Game should be game, not some thing to earn money.
    Why?

    Because you say so?

    You better go shut down professional gaming and sponsorship as well, then. We'll wait here.

    And off course, rich people will be better geared then poor.
    Yup. They will be better in their single-player game which doesn't affect anyone else, in any way.

    I won't buy items for real money for sure, even if I buy game. It will be social unfair.
    Once again.

    Diablo 3 is NOT AN MMO. It is a SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

    Who do you have this advantage over? NPCs? Other people who are playing their own single-player game, which doesn't affect you in the slightest?

    Of course it is said, that you can sell some item for game gold. Find such idiot who will miss opportunity to sell rare item for real money ? There will be no rare items available for game gold. Unless by mistake. I didn't expected such stupidity from such a respected company. That is poor decision.
    Well, this entire thing is basically pointless. If you had literally any points for your argument there would be something to discuss, but your entire post is "this is stupid because this is stupid". If you are that upset about it, don't buy it. It won't affect anyone else in any way.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-09-01 at 05:04 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  8. #1888
    Stood in the Fire Chri478n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I guess you haven't figured out that Diablo 3 is a single player game, then.
    you lost me on this comment, as far as i am concerned you can CO-OP with friends or just random people, doesn't sound like single player to me

  9. #1889
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n View Post
    you lost me on this comment, as far as i am concerned you can CO-OP with friends or just random people, doesn't sound like single player to me
    Thats like saying a FPS, first person shooter, obviously doesn't support multilayer.
    Diablo 3 is a single player game that has multilayer functionality, as most single player games do.

    But what does this have to do with Real Money Trade?

  10. #1890
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n View Post
    you lost me on this comment, as far as i am concerned you can CO-OP with friends or just random people, doesn't sound like single player to me
    A single player game with a co-op mode is not an MMO.

    Streets of Rage has co-op. Streets of Rage was not an MMO.

    Now, in this example, you are playing with the other person, not against them. You are not competing with them, and so it makes no difference if they have some better items, since that just means they will be better at helping you survive the dungeon.
    In an MMO, you are competing with the other players, which is why buying items for real money is bad. PVP and PVE both involve competing with the other players who are also playing, either directly against them in PVP or for things like world first kills in PVE.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-09-01 at 05:14 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  11. #1891
    Of course it is said, that you can sell some item for game gold. Find such idiot who will miss opportunity to sell rare item for real money ? There will be no rare items available for game gold. Unless by mistake. I didn't expected such stupidity from such a respected company. That is poor decision.
    Idk abandon, he might have a good point here....even in game gold can be bought with real money...
    That clearly indicates that Real money, and not in game currency, is going to be the primary currency in diablo 3.

    Now is this necessarily a bad thing? Idk...my hunch is it will vary wildly between players. In WoW, I am good at making gold if I set my mind to it, but others are constantly broke.

    Regardless, it gives people with disposable incomes a very very large advantage over other players, and that part I dont like. The rich control the real world, why let them have the fantasy worlds as well.

  12. #1892
    I support this but as long as Blizzard controls the pricing. Selling 1 unique gear for $500++ is insane. Buying virtual item with that amount of real money is not a good idea and several player will just take huge benefit from it.It is the same with trading card game that I played. Selling 1 card for $1.500 because it is so fking rare is not healthy. Yeah sure you can choose to not buy it, but if u dont buy it, you simply fall behind, suck at this game and envy everybody who have those.Set a pricing policy and control the economy. For example: set the maximum price of unique sword for $30-40 and common for $2. So everybody can afford and still enjoyable at certain level.Do not give economy power and control to players

  13. #1893
    Field Marshal Grassfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kargath- US
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Can I use the money to pay for my wow account?
    You will be able to buy anything from the Blizzard store such as wow time and in game wow pets.

    By doing this you avoid the money cut you get taken out by bringing your money to PayPal.

  14. #1894

  15. #1895

  16. #1896

  17. #1897
    Grunt t3custompcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales, U.K.
    Posts
    10
    not a big fan of Diablo if im honest but this looks pretty decent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •