Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They just opened the floodgate, I GUARANTEE you this will make its way over to WoW.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    When did aug 1st became apr 1st?

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo isn't a $15 a month game. Quit WoW, Play Diablo and spend your 15 bucks a week on loot is their perspective. Who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murava View Post
    wtf blizz. Thats probably the worst decision ever.
    How so?

I get the feeling you're saying this just because you love complaining about Blizzards decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly, I'm not as excited for D3 as I was 5 minutes ago. No, seriously, what?

Micro-transactions with a twist. You wanna be better off than that other dude? Pay him real life money. Oh and pay us some too. Oh no, that's not covered by your subscription fee. Om nom nom nom money money money.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    so wait now i can make money off the 15 hours a day i spend farming bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murava View Post
    wtf blizz. Thats probably the worst decision ever.
    That's what everyone says every time Blizzard does something, they still have some of the most successful games in history.

Will be interested to see how this plays out. You know a lot of people will be playing the auction house to make a good income. Would make the auction house much more balanced then the one on WoW because people would be putting real money at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sno View Post
    Sounds interesting!
    Ye it does, makes me worry about the effects on the in-game economy....

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not really ok with this and honestly a lot of my excitement for the game died with this announcement. Might still get it but I am not so sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    When did aug 1st became apr 1st?
    Hahaha, I can't agree more :P

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't even read the whole post before the "wtf blah blah", did you?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen there will be some people that use this and get a ton of cash... Econ major ftw?Anyway this actually sounds retarded.. unless they are trolling... I seriously think they are trolling...If not implement this on wow, apparently my account is worth 2k I would like to sell it and quit plz thanks

Wow... reminds me of Eve Online not too long ago...

This is the kind of thing I would expect as an april fools joke, Buying items for money is pole vaulting over the thin line of using money in game, I'm very disappointed with blizzard for this decision.

All the questions avoid the obvious one... Will spending more give you an advantage over other people? This will break the game.

Love how people think this is a way to make money you can walk away with. As it stands, you have to pay to have it moved to your Visa/MC/Paypal/whatever-else-supported, plus you have to ensure you request that proceeds go to your third-party account of choice, and not to your Battle.net account. AND you have to pay into it (posting and selling fees). Once on the B.net account, you CAN'T take them off.

As for the "pro" players... Hardcore characters can't use it, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a separate Ladder-only one (or Ladder may be excluded too during the season) for that. Besides, it's not like there hasn't been third-party Diablo 2 "auction" sites that sell items for real-world money. This is just a safer means and more reliable, and hell, it means ANYONE can make a buck off of it. You could fund your WoW subscription off of D3 AH work :P

To everyone complaining about the auction house, you need to understand that people would be selling items over eBay anyway, just like they did with Diablo II. This way, it can be moderated for fairness.

Lets not hope this gets implemented in WoW.

This is just brilliant! At same time this option is a big step to end for good the gold farmers (the websites will no longer exist, but the farmers will probably be using the in-game AH), this is a way for Blizzard to make a large amount of money without the use of a Blizzard store.