Page 50 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For those saying that this is to prevent hacking and scamming obviously haven't played D1 and D2. Everyone will be downloading bots to run specific bosses over and over for items to sell. There will be an increase in these bot makers that will be spamming you to dl them. Obviously there are going to be more hacked accounts because now there is RL money involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankes View Post
    ITT: Lots of poor people

It's actually a clever model to prevent Asian Gold Farming and what not, plus, I can afford to buy anything I want ^.^
    prevent asian gold farming? no this completely supports it

Well, there go more American dollars to China.

Deleted
    it would have been there in the shadows not bothering me, now its a part of the game, there is a HUGE difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Papabull View Post
    Have you played D2 before? The game isn't about sitting around in Org(Or A1 if you have played before ) and looking pretty. It's about going out, killing monsters, having fun.
    Yeah I played D2 and went out and killed for years. But still the popular of diablo was much smaller compared to the community of WoW, I am sure the D3 population will(OR Wouldve)boomed way bigger then D2. But the kind of players that WoW attracted which is going to attract them to D3, really brought in the lazy casual work for nothing crowd.

This seems to be a good way to boost sales, the gold sellers had no reason to play D3 but now they can make irl cash. way to go blizzard.

The amount of QQ regarding this really is epic. Most of the QQ is from people who clearly never played Diablo 2, sweet irony.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive played WoW for so long I am actually looking forward to D3. Ive recently installed D2 and have a 90 Sorc :P It's a great blast from the past for me and makes me more excited for D3! So I am not letting this one optional feature ruin the game for me.

Deleted
    you would be wrong I own Diablo 2, the QQ comes from someone who enjoyed gaming and ideas like this staying in the outside the box

Deleted
    Stop your ridiculous QQ please. If you don't want to pay RL money for an item, play the game normaly and ignore it.

Blizzard is a company bet on making money. They are making ways of making more money. The game fun remains, enjoy it and stop QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos View Post
    I think it will be pretty intresting. Wonder what stuff will be worth. I also wonder how many parents will get "ripped off" by their kids. "I just need your creditcard for the montly fee, just like in WoW mama" =)

I think it's pretty boring. I play games to escape IRL and relax. Now it will get less relaxing since I will have to think about money when I play. Im in my thirties and go a job. So it's not like I cant afford to buy stuff. But a wicked sword might be a couple of beers at the pub or some extra money for my vacation.

It will be intresting and it's most likely the future. You just have to watch all of those bad facebook games. But it bring IRL class and IRL capitalism to gaming. Which is kinda boring in the long run. I will however buy the game and play a bit.

If blizzard doesn't do this... other 3rd party random people will...

If i was a business and i had other scum people making money off my game (which is clever of them), I sure as hell would implement something to compensate for it, Just so happens that way is instead of cutting it out altogether (selling things for real money) blizz have just opted to do it themselves, Blizz have just beaten them at there own game, To me it definately will fix the problem, No more problem with hacking accounts etc (i hope).

I don't approve nor disapprove... I'm on the fence with this one, I need more time personally to digest the information and await till beta to further understand if investing in this game will be worth my time (and money, literally).

Everyone's circumstance and views will be different wether thats fulltime working people that hardly have time to play games yet still like to relax occasionally VS the semi-casual VS hardcore players, Its a huge difference between the many type of players there are, What there doing is giving a way for each category type of gamer to help one another out... gear wise so no one gets left behind, the choice is upto you if you wish to buy the gear or earn it and make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vevex View Post
    The amount of QQ regarding this really is epic. Most of the QQ is from people who clearly never played Diablo 2, sweet irony.
    And your point is? Now having played Diablo 2 makes you cool or gives you more rights?
    The thing is, this crap is making people who haven't played Diablo 2 lose interest in getting to even try this new D3, like happened to me.
    Because it just sounds horribly cheap and saddens me.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Great, now al lthe rich "casuals" will buy their way through the game...
    ...and that affects your gameplay in the slightest because...?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveros View Post
    It isint over reacting, all the good gear will be put up for currency and not gold. The ah system would have been fine with gold alone, and D3 is NOT F2P, you gotta buy it first,
    lmao

So you think "free to play" means "free to buy" as well?

Deleted
    People might sit here and talk shit and complain, but in the end, 90% of the people who complain will still buy the game and play the shit out of it for atleast 2-3 months, maybe even buy stuff from the $-AH.

As Blizz and many others already pointed out, when items function the way they do in the Diablo universe where you can just give stuff away when ure done using it, these item shops will be all over the place with or without Blizzard's help.

Awesome idea, a nerd like me will approve of this, making some real money by just geeking around all day, farming random crap.

Quote Originally Posted by krelios View Post
    ...and that affects your gameplay in the slightest because...?
    Because all Blizzard games are digital versions of keeping up with the Jones'. When they get access to another means to improve their character, you have to do it to, or you will fall behind (or you will have to work that much harder in game to not fall behind). Cause if you do fall behind, you will not be allowed access to certain things. Consider gear score's importance in wow for pug raiding or even heroics lol =-p

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Chinese workers, 14 hours per day. Missing variables found, equation solved.
    You actually missed all the variables:
    1. Rent
    2. Electricity bills
    3. Food for workers
    4. Game copies: 1 per worker
    5. Computers: 1 per worker
    6. Internet bills
    7. Supervisors' checks
    8. CEO's huge check
    9. Huge check to finance guy to evade taxes or Small check to finance guy + taxes
    10. Huge competition

Solve that in D3 RM AH. With listing fee, sale tax, cash-out fee and low prices due to high supply.

Deleted
    it doesn't remain does it when the vast majority of players can be running around with the items in 2 seconds flat that I earned to get, this breaks that feel of the game, YES it was there before anyways by people selling it in 3rd party sites, but that stayed out of my way, now its right there. it makes you aware and it is kind of a kick in the face. they are business and they are i guess entitled to do what they want and have the right to earn money, but I can't help feel that everything is now going to the casual gamers favor and some quick quid in your pocket.

Can I use the money to pay for my wow account?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    And your point is? Now having played Diablo 2 makes you cool or gives you more rights?
    The thing is, this crap is making people who haven't played Diablo 2 lose interest in getting to even try this new D3, like happened to me.
    Because it just sounds horribly cheap and saddens me.
    If you never played Diablo 2 you could not begin to understand how HORRIBLE the economy was in the Game. Seriously, EVERYONE purchased items. At least everyone who was "competitive". No one cares if you do not join us in Diablo 3 - to be completely honest I welcome less of the WoW community to NOT purchase Diablo 3. The game will do perfectly fine without you...