Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n View Post
    you lost me on this comment, as far as i am concerned you can CO-OP with friends or just random people, doesn't sound like single player to me
    A single player game with a co-op mode is not an MMO.

Streets of Rage has co-op. Streets of Rage was not an MMO.

Now, in this example, you are playing with the other person, not against them. You are not competing with them, and so it makes no difference if they have some better items, since that just means they will be better at helping you survive the dungeon.
    In an MMO, you are competing with the other players, which is why buying items for real money is bad. PVP and PVE both involve competing with the other players who are also playing, either directly against them in PVP or for things like world first kills in PVE.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-09-01 at 05:14 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Of course it is said, that you can sell some item for game gold. Find such idiot who will miss opportunity to sell rare item for real money ? There will be no rare items available for game gold. Unless by mistake. I didn't expected such stupidity from such a respected company. That is poor decision.
    Idk abandon, he might have a good point here....even in game gold can be bought with real money...
    That clearly indicates that Real money, and not in game currency, is going to be the primary currency in diablo 3.

Now is this necessarily a bad thing? Idk...my hunch is it will vary wildly between players. In WoW, I am good at making gold if I set my mind to it, but others are constantly broke.

Regardless, it gives people with disposable incomes a very very large advantage over other players, and that part I dont like. The rich control the real world, why let them have the fantasy worlds as well.

I support this but as long as Blizzard controls the pricing. Selling 1 unique gear for $500++ is insane. Buying virtual item with that amount of real money is not a good idea and several player will just take huge benefit from it.It is the same with trading card game that I played. Selling 1 card for $1.500 because it is so fking rare is not healthy. Yeah sure you can choose to not buy it, but if u dont buy it, you simply fall behind, suck at this game and envy everybody who have those.Set a pricing policy and control the economy. For example: set the maximum price of unique sword for $30-40 and common for $2. So everybody can afford and still enjoyable at certain level.Do not give economy power and control to players

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Can I use the money to pay for my wow account?
    You will be able to buy anything from the Blizzard store such as wow time and in game wow pets.

By doing this you avoid the money cut you get taken out by bringing your money to PayPal.

10+ Year Old Account
    not a big fan of Diablo if im honest but this looks pretty decent