Quote Originally Posted by Ironbeaver View Post
    Clearly people who think this will ruin things don't have the big picture in mind. Someone has to find these incredibly rare items that drop 1% of the time AND decide to slap them on the AH and not keep them. People who think they will ding 60 and jus grab shit off ah and be a gangster have no idea how diablo works.*

Without duping like there was in d2 the ledgendary items are going to be RARE. This is not wow, end bosses WON'T drop good loot everytime u kill them they will drop good loot evevery 100 times, and that's for the people who can actually make it thru inferno and kill the bosses, because they will be hard.*

Also ledgendary items for the first six months if duping / boting is kept out will be far above 100 dollars. Hell there are items in d2 people still pay 20 - 50 dollars for, people pay 25 dollars for a stupid horse, you think people won't pay for items that only 10000 of the first million people to do inferno have chance of getting?*

Then of course they still have to list it on the ah for others to buy it, oh and btw item stats in ledgendaries in d3 have "ranges" and "random properties" meaning your "raganos deathplate" might have a possible range on +attack from 30 - 75 and it's random, this means the plate with 30 attack will be inexpensive where the 75 attack plate will be highly sought after and very very pricey. This also applies to the random stats, your plate has +3 to silliness, mine gives +87 attack, maybe only ONE raganos deathplate with + attack as the random stat will drop in the entire first 6 months. ITS RANDOM! Welcome to diablo.

*You think blizz would sell you sparkle ponies for 25 dollars then implement an ah system to make trivial amount of money from 5 dollar auctions? It will take people YEARS to get that perfect peice of gear in every slot. This isn't wow, with all the loot piñata bosses that drop purple shit everytime u poke them. BiS gear dosnt drop from every boss.

Also all your Chinese gold selling comments are irrelevant, the reason Chinese gold farmer stand a chance selling wow currency is because your average player has no market to sell it in, with this ah system it will push gold to the bottom market price and everyone will abide by that price, if a gold seller were to "undercut" in a market with EVERYONE able to sell gold, he would be undercut 1000 times himself before anyone even saw his auction.*

This system is good all around. Stop putting something down you understand so little about.

/end rant.

Naive post. You assume the gear in question will be rare, is this thought consistent with what we have seen with Activision's recent practices? When the company has a invested interest (sales tax that they profit from in this case) in increasing the drop rate and accesibiity of items, do you honestly think they wont do it?

Activision is very easy company to understand when it comes to gameplay: the path of the most profit is the one they will always take.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    ... and Blizzard have now made a WOW item purchaseable with RL money and sellable for in-game gold. Would all the people who said "lol, they're doing it for D3, doesn't mean they'll do it in WoW" please stand up and take a bow.
    The only problem is it's totally different and people are overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by FooManChew View Post
    All I'm saying is I frown upon people that buy there gear with real money. That's it. I guess I could of just said that instead. If they get it on the 1st kill more power to them luck is what makes the game fun, at least they went out and did something to get it.
    Right because they were just handed money to spend, they didn't have to go out and work for it or anything.

Deleted
    I want to clarify what most people don't seem to understand.The ah thing is at this moment at an unclear level of what will happen because of some things missing, like pieces of a missing puzzle.I will divide my post into 3:

READ THE WHOLE POST, IT WILL BE WORTH IT

1) competitive impact

2) market impact

3) conclusion

1) competitive impact.
    Now as far as i understand getting all good items in wow will take some time, months.The problem here is that if getting all items takes months and the system will
    still remain as diablo 2 meaning you can kill alone every boss as much as you want that will be a problem.Let's say someone needs 2-3 months to get all best items.A rich person can buy all of those in like 2-3 weeks after the game launches and that won't be good for competitive part of game.The best items you may get by fighting a boss in a party of 4 but this will only advantage rich people.It is true that there aren't that much people that will spend money on diablo 3 items but that will depend as well
    by the price of items.Will it take 10 or 30 dollars or even more to get all best items?

Overall i can say it will be a negative thing about competitive part of the game.To better try to understand let's move on to market impact.

2)market impact

We assume from the start that every boss will be doable as much if you want and won't have reset timers 7 days like in wow.If a boss is doable alone or by group it won't matter that much although it can affect bots if alone, so people won't farm like hell 24/7.But the thing is it won't matter that much.Let's talk first about the cinese farmers and then about bots.

What is a chinese farmer?A chinese farmer is a person which lives in China.That is the obvious, and that was the first common sense of word.In an rpg world game the
    term is more degenerated and nowadays describes every person which lives in a low echonomy country where playing 12-18 hours a day and earns 100 dollars a month for that.Because they live in a country in which echonomy is very low developed , the 100 dollar they earn in one month is enough for them and they are satisfied about that, even though they "work" 12-18 a day.This thing is a big problem concerning diablo 3 market.
    I will refer to chinese farmers as to people which live in a low echonomy country.
    The RMAH will however affect the chinese farmer in a negative way, but let's talk about chinese farmers more.Will the chinese farmers be on same servers like rest of us?
    I see a couples of situation:

A)The chinese farmers which are located mostly in asia,africa won't be able to make accounts on europe or US servers.This can be done by implementing an IP check
    system which will make unable people to connect to other continent then the continent they are in.This IP system has been implemented in other online games but there is a very low chance it will be in diablo 3.Also there are a lot of chinese farmers who live in europe or US so this won't be a drawback.

B)The chinese farmers can connect to every server they want(US,europe,africa,asia) no matter what is the current geographycal position, by changing regional settings (like in wow) or simply connecting directly.This will be most likely the case of diablo 3.In my opinion it will greatly affect the market.

Why will it affect the market?Like i said in first definition a chinese farmer is a person which earns 100 dollars a month for like 12x30=360 hours played that month and is
    happy about it.The fact is chinese farmers will affect the market anyway.Even if the system of real money weren't implemented chinese farmers will still be there.
    So what will the RMAH to with that?

THE REAL MONEY system is actually a good thing.Let's take an example.From hundreds and thousands of chinese farmers who play like 12-18 hours a day on europe
    server 2 of them get lucky and get zod rune.Zod rune was a very rare rune in diablo 2 and there was one time when only 1-2 people had that rune on europe side.
    From the rest of people who play ,only 2 get lucky and get the rune.So at one give moment there are 4 people who got zod rune: 2 chinese farmers and 2 players.
    Now here is the big advantage: without the RMAH the chinese would have monopol on market.That is because real players won't have the chance to sell
    their zod runes like chinese farmers.So the chinese players would set the price for zod rune which would be like 100-200 dollars or even more.
    The question is where would they sell it?Without the real money system ah were can you sell items?
    In specialized sites of course.You are retarded if you think that without RMAH there won't be sellers sites.People would still sell without that system.
    An other question may be who will buy from this farmers?Rich people of course.Rich people who don't care about bans , which don't care about buying again a 60 dollars
    game and which want to be the best.So the previous system in diablo 2 was actually rewarding rich people.

You must all understand it's different thing if compared to wow.In wow it takes 5 days(100+ hours) to get to 85 that if you are good.In wow you pay a monthly fee and pay for the game.In wow most items are bop(bind on pick) and it takes long time to get good gear there.Although this is the situation of wow people still risk account and buy gold.

It should be very clear to everyone that people sell items and/or gold in diablo 3 with or without RMAH system.if you still don't believe type buy wow gold on google and see how many results you have.People don't understand the RMAH because they are ignorant or don't want to know.

People don't want to know but let me tell you REAL REASON ABOUT RMAH.Blizzard is losing every month millions of dollars because of wow gold selling in wow.Nothing new here,you all talk about that and think you understand.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Let me give you a specific scenario: 1 computer 1000 dollars with i7 processor and 8-16gb of ram.10-15 instances of wow running at the same time and botting 24/7.What does that mean?with a very good pc you can run 10-15 wow accounts at the same time and all of those are using bots and farming 24/7.the wow accounts have
    characters on different servers.The total investment for start is 2000-2500 dollars and 200 dollar every month.
    The monthly INCOME: 10000 dollars and even more made out of wow gold selling.If 1000 or 10k people do this in the whole world just think about how many dollars blizzard loses every month because of using bots.1 million dollars loss?10?100 mill dollars? who knows.
    YOu don't think this thing exists?
    Like i said before people are just ignorants.they don't want to see beyond their glass world.It might break

3)conclusion

So what will be the advantage of RMAH be?The advantage is as follows:

A)items won't be monopolyzed as zod runes.Although the realm farmers will farm more than other people we mustn't forget that in diablo 3 there is a thing called better chance of getting magic items, and 80-90% of players aren't farmers.So in a statistical world with a free market the prices will be set by supply and demand and it will be
    fair enough.
    B)people don't realize it yet but diablo 3 has many junk items for selling.Everyone will sell items.Selling you junk for 0.01 dollars each and earning some dollars will make all people to buy/sell items.This will sustain a competitive market and all be fine.If you don't want real money to be the reference ,than use gold.Remember that in diablo 2
    gold didn't had much of value, now things will be different.I also remember that i had elite unique items which would have been considered junk because that items wasn't best in slot, although for a starting character it was a good item.

So what are the downsides?The downside that people may use bots.This is the biggest downside.If blizzard won't introduce anti-bot and anti using like 10-15 diablo instances/account on same computer, the game may go downside fast.

The missing puzzles are: bots,many accounts same computer, grographycal distribution.

SO REMEMBER BOTS WITH MANY INSTANCES OF DIABLO 3 ARE OUR ENEMIES, NOT RMAH OR 1-MAN FARMING.

Deleted
    I hope this feature backfires, since gaming is already an expensive hobby as it stands now. I am so sick and tired of 'optional' microtransactions cleverly locking away content and services that should come with the base game itself. This goes for pretty much every game. If this catches on, I fear it'll become the norm rather than an exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    I hope this feature backfires, since gaming is already an expensive hobby as it stands now. I am so sick and tired of 'optional' microtransactions cleverly locking away content and services that should come with the base game itself. This goes for pretty much every game. If this catches on, I fear it'll become the norm rather than an exception to the rule.
    I understand your point and agree with it, that just... isn't really what's going on here. There's nothing attainable with money that isn't attainable without it, and the developers are moderators of the transactions, not profiteers.

Heh i can see how many kids play now, that have no idea whot they ar talkin ..... To all the haters information, when Diablo and Diablo 2 was out you could buy items to it on Ebay or other internet AH, this is nothing new they make it so you dont need to go on thous Suspicious websites to buy them .......

Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post

There is no "locked content" at work here. It's just an auction house that PRESENTS THE OPTION to a player to buy items, or gold, to enhance their experience or they feel they want a competitive edge in some way. Everything that will be sold on the AH is going to be from stuff dropped from anything you kill.

Now, I do feel the "pay to win" formula sucks for free games out there, and I like more games are moving away from player-enhancing cash shops and to purely cosmetic purchases. And I hope more and more people move in this direction.

Deleted
    Alright, to clear it up for the people who seem to think this wont impact the game.

People seem to assume it's logical to block out asian IP Adresses. As many of you might have noticed - China makes up for almost a third of the world of warcraft subscriber base. It would be horrible from a business stand point to block out asia.
    It's more profitable to sell online loot then to work another job for students in some countries. With wages at less then a dollar an hour you can surely expect people from asian countries, and europeian countries such as romania, bulgaria and slovakia , mabye maccedonia to have this as a Job. It's all about blizzard's attitude - it's not about wether you can "HURR PLAY FOR THE EXPERIENCEZZZ", it's about making it a profitable money to power to money fully encouraging players to "Go for it". They just want to get a solid money-making machine in addition to the ol' slowly dying money cow.

They can do this. Because the non-competitive nature of the game they can do this and they will get away with it, no doubts about that. Aside from that, Nobody will boycott a blizzard game. (Aside from pirates who don't care about paying at all in the first place, YARR!)